If they scrap parachute payments

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You tell me- you're the one crying that the parachute payments are evil - so tell us the stats and let's see

He is not crying, be fair, you post a subject that will always divide opinion. You Captain allowing users to have an opinion without fear of retaliation then do the exact same.

Come on Mr OT play fair.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I think people are freaking out about parachute payments whilst at the same time having absolutely no knowledge of the true situation

Before ranting anymore in this thread go have a look how many teams per season are promoted back to the Premier League the season after being relegated down to the Championship

Clue - it's simply not the case that those recieving parachute payments just use the money and get promoted again

But they do though or rather attempt to 

The money from the current TV deal is so huge that the need for Parachute Payments has gone 

Blackpool obviously well before the current deal and Owen Oyston plundered the Parachute Payment for his "loans" ( lets be charitable) 

Hull the Chairman just refused to spend so neither example is moot 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

But what's the point paying those wages if you don't get promoted?

Look at us for an example there

Parachute Payments dont' get clubs promoted. It's just not really happening to the extent that people are worrying about it.

Nail head mate...we are foooked, parachuteees are not. Remember they came down for a reason...poorly managed, clueless chairman etc etc.Some carry on to be clueless and bury their head in the sand...some get back because they have an unfair advantage

But what's the point paying those wages if you don't get promoted?

Look at us for an example there

Parachute Payments dont' get clubs promoted. It's just not really happening to the extent that people are worrying about it.

But, it's an unfair addition to what they call revenue. Looks like there is no perfect answer but one way or another we all agree it aint working.

1 minute ago, Zlin Owl said:

He is not crying, be fair, you post a subject that will always divide opinion. You Captain allowing users to have an opinion without fear of retaliation then do the exact same.

Come on Mr OT play fair.

I'm playing fair!

I'm saying that parachute payments dont' get that club promoted

I'm saying clubs who get parachute payments don't bounce back up in any great number

I'm saying that complaining about Parachute Payments is like complaining about the grass could turn red at Hillsborough

Parachute Payments don't mean the club getting it gets promoted back to the Premier League

It's just not happening really is it?

Question to those worrying about this  (still) is this - do you know the stats about this or are you just panicking because you've read other people panicking about it?

Owlstalk Shop

Whether there's a need or not - having parachute payments doesn't lead to promotion - as the stats bear out

Never said it did 

But they aren't any longer used for the purpose they were designed for and give an unfair advantage to a team that failed 

Well past their sell by date but will continue because Turkeys don't vote for Christmas

Edited by Lawrie Madden

Just now, Lawrie Madden said:

Nvere said it did 

But they aren't any longer used for the purpose they were designed for and give an unfair advantage to a team that failed 

I'm struggling to understand why people aren't getting this one

lol

Unfair advantage?

They're NOT GETTING PROMOTED AS A RESULT OF THE PARACHUTE PAYMENT so what advantage are they using to get promoted if they're not getting promoted?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Zlin Owl said:

But, it's an unfair addition to what they call revenue.

Ok

This obviously isn't working 

Let me try another way

If parachute payments are 100 BILLION DOLLARS and yet it's proven that all those clubs that get this 100 billion dollars dont' get promoted after recieving it then what difference does it make?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Question to those worrying about this  (still) is this - do you know the stats about this or are you just panicking because you've read other people panicking about it?

Show me the stats since parachutes came in...It's really not defensible. It is very unfair

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm struggling to understand why people aren't getting this one

lol

Unfair advantage?

They're NOT GETTING PROMOTED AS A RESULT OF THE PARACHUTE PAYMENT so what advantage are they using to get promoted if they're not getting promoted?

lol

Some aren't some are 

And starting with a £35m pot plus whatever may be left from the fund from being in the Premier in the first place is an unfair advantage its not a difficult concept 

So you're arguing and worrying over something you don't know the facts on  mate

That's how I see it

Is that a fair assumption?

Did Newcastle spend £112m getting straight back up ? published figures by the way 

Was £35m of that not parachute payment ?

Or was it all down to that well known philanthropist Mike Ashley ?

Ok

This obviously isn't working 

Let me try another way

If parachute payments are 100 BILLION DOLLARS and yet it's proven that all those clubs that get this 100 billion dollars dont' get promoted after recieving it then what difference does it make?

lol

More money in the bank and the ability to use it in a way that COULD give them an unfair advatage. We have all stated that they do not always bounce straight back but that alone as an argument does not mean the system is fair.

Plus it means that they can carry on paying there star players and not having to cut their cloth accordingly.

But, again I say be fair, you cannot expecteveryone to have the same opinion. Opinions are like backsides, we all have one and they are all different.