Dingle Mick

3 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Say what you want .....vast majority of Wednesday fans cant relate to the club anymore...pre season matches...ticket prices....team performances ..radio Sheffield farce.......but no panic...it’s all rosy mate:tango:lol

And all of those issues would be solved by Mick McCarthy? The manager that the Ipswich fans wanted rid of? The bloke who got fewer points than someone who was on the verge of asking fans to bring their boots?

:laugh:

As for that last bit - classic desperate and petulant reduction of everything to the binary.

I like MM hes decent honest no nonsense manager,met him a couple of times and hes always been quality in his perception.

Would I want him to manage us?.......Hell no,lovely guy and hel take a league one or two job on and make a bloody good job,but the championship is getting harder to manage in,as the standard has raised year on year,due to the hefty parachute payments to ex prem sides,its no longer an option to bully your way out,thankfully

We always start slowly. Even when we were pretty decent, we started seasons slowly. It’s just the way we do things.

i can recall , in 40 years, a handful of decent starts to the season.

promotion under big ron

the crazy start under pleat in 1996

thats pretty much it. 

Apart from that we have generally started slowly.  

Bizarre that fans expect any different after so many years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Well Carlos the first foreign manager got us in this mess....oh I forgot...foreign managers are better

There you go again with the binary reductionism. Although the statistics quoted in this thread do tend to indicate that.

I don't care where the manager is from. You apparently do to the point that you advocate someone who was outperformed by our current manager despite Luhukay being lumbered with perhaps the worst injury crisis in our history.

Just now, DJMortimer said:

There you go again with the binary reductionism. Although the statistics quoted in this thread do tend to indicate that.

I don't care where the manager is from. You apparently do to the point that you advocate someone who was outperformed by our current manager despite Luhukay being lumbered with perhaps the worst injury crisis in our history.

Worst injury crisis ok...but even when they are all fit...most of our so called stars have no big sell on value...crazy contracts that no other clubs will touch ..even on a loan deal.......That’s because we trusted a manager and chairman with no English league experience or knowledge to recruit a new squad...........like I said last night ...we should have trusted an experienced British manager to do it............

11 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Worst injury crisis ok...but even when they are all fit...most of our so called stars have no big sell on value...crazy contracts that no other clubs will touch ..even on a loan deal.......That’s because we trusted a manager and chairman with no English league experience or knowledge to recruit a new squad...........like I said last night ...we should have trusted an experienced British manager to do it............

And it's less than clear exactly what role Carvalhal played in many of those signings.

Lots of clubs have had with big-spending English managers that have imploded too. For the life of me, I can't understand why you want to come across like Nigel Farage about it.

Just now, DJMortimer said:

And it's less than clear exactly what role Carvalhal played in many of those signings.

Lots of clubs have had with big-spending English managers that have imploded too. For the life of me, I can't understand why you want to come across like Nigel Farage about it.

Nigel Farage ???lol...........You we’re quoting you’re stats non stop last night about how foreign managers perform better..........All I’m saying a foreign manager got us in this mess buying injury prone ..ageing..players ...then wanting instant success....Santos and Benitez did it cos they had millions and spent it’s well.....we completely wasted our one chance....and news coming out of tonight’s forum backs me up

4 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Nigel Farage ???lol...........You we’re quoting you’re stats non stop last night about how foreign managers perform better..........All I’m saying a foreign manager got us in this mess buying injury prone ..ageing..players ...then wanting instant success....Santos and Benitez did it cos they had millions and spent it’s well.....we completely wasted our one chance....and news coming out of tonight’s forum backs me up

Non stop? It was 2 posts wasn't it? And one of those was just quoting somebody else's efforts.

The chairman is much more culpable than the manager. It's still not clear what role the latter played in some of those buys for a start. But there is plenty of blame for Carvalhal too. However, the plan, however ill conceived in the long run, came a hair's breadth from working... twice.