No wonder Radio Sheffield don't like us

Guest Hillsborough Mole

7 hours ago, bluemonday said:

I think it is sad that children won't be able to listen for free. I used to love listening to Wednesday commentaries on the radio as a kid. I think we risk pushing away another generation of fans with this decision.

And the fact we're the only club in the country to refuse is embarrassing.

Do kids listen to radio? Haven’t lived in uk for a good few years now but even in Africa kids have progressed past radios... 

12 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Do kids listen to radio? Haven’t lived in uk for a good few years now but even in Africa kids have progressed past radios... 

They use the SWFC Twitter and YouTube channels to get updates and extended matchday highlights for FREE

8 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

BBC Radio Sheffield will no longer carry live commentary of Sheffield Wednesday matches after the club refused to accept a reduction in fees for coverage rights.

The BBC asked all Premier League and Football League clubs for a 10 per cent reduction in fees for commentary rights for the 2018/19 season and Sheffield Wednesday was the only one to refuse

You can tell they dislike us just by how they reported this news on twitter. 

Used a photo of back of West Stand from years ago. 

4 hours ago, Buddy Repperton said:

I didn't make the decision. 

Just because RS commentaries are free?Now people are upset that the alternative is less than a fiver a month,the money goes to the club and it won't be riddled with anti Wednesday bile!

What utter twaddle!!! I’m not even entertaining you mate 

11 hours ago, No Uniform said:

I wonder if that will effect opposing teams when they play at Hillsborough. As it is normally the away game that is on the radio. Could mean clubs lose one games income.

Would be nice if the club confirmed that this really is the reason and we are desperate.