Sign him up!

Most important piece of business this summer (although any business would be nice!)

Suspect this will be done before the season starts, usual PR from the club, put the player up for interview,  gauge reaction, then announce and we all say (quite rightly) well done and perhaps think (quite wrongly) we will forget we havent signed anyone and intend to start the season in a fortnight playing 352 with no recognised wing backs.

Quality player, proper proper footballer.

Bannan, Reach, FF, Lees are the only players I would be gutted to see leave. Lee too if he is back to full fitness as he is Quality.

The rest I could take or leave for various reasons.

28 minutes ago, Sonny said:

That did cross my mind but fairs fair he probably deserves one.

He does, he's our second biggest asset.  It's the way of the world isn't it. Agent tells player to put a bit of pressure on. They must be in negotiations as it's his final year.

7 hours ago, Ethel The Tree said:

It's inconceivable that the club would allow his current deal to run down and risk losing him for nothing

Also, if he's to be considered a saleable asset then his value would increase the moment he signs a new contract

Personally, I think we'd be hard pressed to find a replacement anyway so yes, get it done. Sign him up!

Worth bearing in mind that any embargo or, as I have suggested, 'soft embargo', will also look at new contracts offered to players so that may have some bearing on why we haven't sorted a new contract yet. Expect he will get one at the end of the transfer window once any risk of a formal embargo will have little consequence anyway.

8 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I used to have the same problem ,but I found locking them in the wardrobe for a few hours enabled me to get other stuff done. 

You can't do that!... The bathroom is much bigger, has a lock and they've got all the clicky tops on the bottles to play with.

:tango:

• Haha 2

Barry is definitely one to keep. Fitness permitting I’d expect him to be playing his best football over the next few years and it needs to be for us. I’m not always convinced about players sincerity when they big up their current club, but in fairness to BB I genuinely believe he feels a strong affinity with our club.