Atomic Kitten

28 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

I'm afraid to say it was sung at Lincoln. Made about as much sense as when the England fans sing We're on our way. 

To where? The same tournaments you qualify for every two years?

This one baffled me as well, I thought it might have stopped once we actually got to the world cup. 

Guest Bulgaria
7 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

As long as I draw breath I will never sing a song that includes me stating a manager still turns me on.

What if hutch became player manager?

On 15/07/2018 at 11:50, sheffield_dave said:

...can we absolutely, 100% not sing this this season please.

Leave it for Palace and Derby and all the other YouTube chant clubs.

OOOOOH! what a brave post, youtube chant clubs, really?

i've heard derby shame us at hillsborough, and not just once. it maybe bad acoustics of the kop roof, allied to split home support, in the face of a upper west with what looks like outstanding acoustics, but derby 'youtube chant club'. where do you sit/stand?

1 hour ago, dnhc said:

OOOOOH! what a brave post, youtube chant clubs, really?

i've heard derby shame us at hillsborough, and not just once. it maybe bad acoustics of the kop roof, allied to split home support, in the face of a upper west with what looks like outstanding acoustics, but derby 'youtube chant club'. where do you sit/stand?

Lepp End of the North, for what very little that matters.

Derby's fans do make some noise, but as I say, they're another one of these clubs who have had to organise themselves to do it. Flags out, bought a drum, had a look at some Dutch fans videos on YouTube for some songs, probs had a nice little chat with that little corner of Palace fans that like to do the same thing, shifted their away end round to stop clubs like us taking 7,000 there..

My favourite Wednesday songs are always the ones nobody else sings (until Derby start) or feel like our chants. Our fans are brilliant, especially away, and I like the fact we always resisted that Tom Hark sh*te and the other droning drivel Palace do, all the chants everyone in the football league sings. Lets face it the Southgate one will be this years in thing and I think we're better than that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chants to Sheffield band lyrics you say? Can't see it catching on.

Anticipation has a habit to set you up
For disappointment in evening entertainment but
Tonight there'll be some love
Tonight there'll be a ruckus yeah regardless of what's gone before
I want to see all of the things that we've already seen
I wanna see Hutch get injured and Atdhe the goal machine
And put Winnall back in
You've got to understand that you can never beat Des Walker, no

And we won't be surprised and we won't be shocked
When we've read The Star before the half time bogs
And there's David Hirst sat in the Director's box
And all that is said is that he's drank a lot

23 hours ago, modboy said:

Must be a Wednesday song possible out of common people.

She came from Leeds, she had a thirst for knowledge,
She studied woodwork at the local college - 
That's where I
Caught her eye.
She told me that her Dad was loaded,
I said 'In that case I'll have a pint of Stones, then.'
She said "Fine."
And in thirty seconds time she said,
'What did we give you Thomas Lees for?
What were we doing giving Thomas Lees to you?'...
Edited by Sova

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

Lepp End of the North, for what very little that matters.

Derby's fans do make some noise, but as I say, they're another one of these clubs who have had to organise themselves to do it. Flags out, bought a drum, had a look at some Dutch fans videos on YouTube for some songs, probs had a nice little chat with that little corner of Palace fans that like to do the same thing, shifted their away end round to stop clubs like us taking 7,000 there..

My favourite Wednesday songs are always the ones nobody else sings (until Derby start) or feel like our chants. Our fans are brilliant, especially away, and I like the fact we always resisted that Tom Hark sh*te and the other droning drivel Palace do, all the chants everyone in the football league sings. Lets face it the Southgate one will be this years in thing and I think we're better than that.

WOW!, who are you describing here? a bit of kettle calling the pot 'black'.

'ORGANISE THEMSELVES TO DO IT'  it's not that long ago on HERE that people WANTED PERMISSION FOR A 'SINGING SECTION' on the kop with FLAGS and BANNERS allowed (and entry allowed without a note from your mum).

'BOUGHT A DRUM'? you really don't need me to go any further with that one i know, or i'll be mentioning the philharmonic orchestra.

if they shifted the away end around to disrupt visiting fans, good for them, we should have done it years ago. 

remind me again, the songs that are truly ours, and not just the general song with a few words altered, i actually read someone saying on here that 'HARK NOW HEAR' was originally a wednesday song hahahaha!