Team vs Lincoln

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Giddings will know full well we have a transfer embargo in place and that’s why he asked the question. 

Giddings has read Owlstalk, seen what the fans are flapping about , and asked the question 

15 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

What a ridiculous question for Giddings to ask, there’s absolutely no substance to the rumour we’re under any kind of ‘embargo’ 

We know we were going to be very close to FFP because Chansiri told us.

we haven’t signed a single player.

And It appears that 25% of Championship clubs are under one - so hardly without substance.

Just now, Royal_D said:

Giddings has read Owlstalk, seen what the fans are flapping about , and asked the question 

I think some people on here underestimate what information the local press have. Just because they don’t blab, doesn’t mean they don’t know. My theory is that Giddings knows, but wanted Jos to actually say it. Just a hunch. 

Just now, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

We know we were going to be very close to FFP because Chansiri told us.

we haven’t signed a single player.

And It appears that 25% of Championship clubs are under one - so hardly without substance.

Yeh he did... so why would he not tell us if any ‘embargo’ was in place ??  

He hasn’t hid FFP worries upto now so I dont see why he would hide them now ?

Just now, Watson said:

Do you over estimate what the press knows?

The local press keep their mouths shut to ensure they still have access to the clubs, interviews etc. Football is a small world, and everyone will know each others business. 

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

I think some people on here underestimate what information the local press have. Just because they don’t blab, doesn’t mean they don’t know. My theory is that Giddings knows, but wanted Jos to actually say it. Just a hunch. 

I ain’t sure,  i just think if Giddings knew he would say so ... are journos not supposed to break stories ?

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Yeh he did... so why would he not tell us if any ‘embargo’ was in place ??  

He hasn’t hid FFP worries upto now so I dont see why he would hide them now ?

Most likely because he doesn’t want to weaken his hand when negotiating further sales I’d have thought....,..

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Most likely because he doesn’t want to weaken his hand when negotiating further sales I’d have thought....,..

If we’re under an ‘Embargo’ we’ve already broken the rules and therefore serving our ‘punishment’ 

further sales would achieve what ?

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

If we’re under an ‘Embargo’ we’ve already broken the rules and therefore serving our ‘punishment’ 

further sales would achieve what ?

If you relieve financial pressure by increasing revenue through player sales and reducing the wage bill then any embargo will be reviewed and may be lifted.

Not too much to go on tonight. Second half team was much stronger and a good goal.

Westwood and Thorniley looked to have some weight to shift.

Banan, Forestieri and Preston made for a cute little munchkin wall, defending a free kick in the second half.

4 minutes ago, Lincowl said:

Not too much to go on tonight. Second half team was much stronger and a good goal.

Westwood and Thorniley looked to have some weight to shift.

Banan, Forestieri and Preston made for a cute little munchkin wall, defending a free kick in the second half.

Have to take your word for it but the picture below doesn't suggest Keiren has been piling on the pounds!

3 hours ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Fuming that Matt Penney didn't get the run out ! We already know that both Fox and Boyd are not solution in that position. What is the point of pre seasonbgames, if not for figuring these sorts of things out ?! Unbelievable !!!