Team vs Lincoln

4 hours ago, malek said:

Fuming that Matt Penney didn't get the run out ! We already know that both Fox and Boyd are not solution in that position. What is the point of pre seasonbgames, if not for figuring these sorts of things out ?! Unbelievable !!!

It’s probably already been figured out by us...

...and Bradford

...and Mansfield

It's crazy to think somehow we may be involved in a transfer embargo.

Crazy in the sense that we blew a ton of money unnecessarily and we are now reaping the consequences.  

One thing I find odd though, looking at the clubs in the Premier, is how can they keep spending ridiculous amounts of money year after year and yet still remain within the FFP rules? 

7 hours ago, malek said:

Fuming that Matt Penney didn't get the run out ! We already know that both Fox and Boyd are not solution in that position. What is the point of pre seasonbgames, if not for figuring these sorts of things out ?! Unbelievable !!!

it seems that no manager wants to play him , highly regarded enough to get a new contract so you'd think he has the ability so maybe it's something else that stops him getting games . he may have all the ability in the world but if he cant play to the system that the managers want he's not much use to them until he learns to adapt his game . that's just one theory and may be way off beam but there's obviously something holding him back .  

32 minutes ago, vulture_squadron said:

Surely the Football League would have published the fact we were under an embargo. They'd want to warn others of the consequences of breaking FFP.

Agreed,unless its a completely different scenario, they came out publicly when it was that obvious Villa had to rebalance the books.

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I told everyone on here the other day we are effectively under an embargo. But got negged to high heaven. The sale of Rhodes has kept our heads above water for a bit.

Appears there's some substance to it...

IF we can go into this season with what we've got, then I think a decentish season is in the offing.

Key word there is IF. 

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

IF we can go into this season with what we've got, then I think a decentish season is in the offing.

Key word there is IF. 

This is why I don't understand the absurd survey the club put out before season tickets went on sale. The club would have known back in February we were close to FFP.

Chansiri pretty much said in his end of season statement that we will be playing more youth players. Jos said the same at Owls In The Park. It's pretty obvious no players will be coming in.

Thats why towards the end of the season we gave the young lads a go. That was clearly DC's decision to get fans excited about the young players at the club. Not saying it's a bad thing, but to me giving Kirby, Baker etc runs out was a way of deflecting attention away from the fact we can't sign players. 

Again giving youth a chance is not a bad thing. But it makes a mockery of that survey which suggested promoting academy players to the first team was a bad thing.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Key word there is IF. 

This is why I don't understand the absurd survey the club put out before season tickets went on sale. The club would have known back in February we were close to FFP.

Chansiri pretty much said in his end of season statement that we will be playing more youth players. Jos said the same at Owls In The Park. It's pretty obvious no players will be coming in.

Thats why towards the end of the season we gave the young lads a go. That was clearly DC's decision to get fans excited about the young players at the club. Not saying it's a bad thing, but to me giving Kirby, Baker etc runs out was a way of deflecting attention away from the fact we can't sign players. 

Again giving youth a chance is not a bad thing. But it makes a mockery of that survey which suggested promoting academy players to the first team was a bad thing.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

That survey was ridiculous...

I suspect (just an opinion) that it was basically a skewed way of asking fans if they wanted to keep some top earners - Bannan, Nando, Lees - the crown jewels if you like, whilst other top earners (assuming there are takers) would be offloaded.

If the club manage to shift Fletcher, Abdi and a few others, then they'll have played a bit of a blinder.

Still - putting forward a question like that, which on the basis of what's happened so far, is misleading, is incredibly poor off the club imo. 

59 minutes ago, torryowl said:

it seems that no manager wants to play him , highly regarded enough to get a new contract so you'd think he has the ability so maybe it's something else that stops him getting games . he may have all the ability in the world but if he cant play to the system that the managers want he's not much use to them until he learns to adapt his game . that's just one theory and may be way off beam but there's obviously something holding him back .  

He only got one year when most of the others(J Lee, Baker, Kirby etc got 2).  Think he may have signed his before Jos came though.

Has anyone ever given it a thought  that the main reasons we have not been involved in buying players are simply -

1. There is no-one on the market that Jos likes/wants, who is better than we alraedy have, or

2.  Anyone Jos wants to buy is, in his opinion, not worth the price required, or eve

3.  Jos is more concerned with getting rid of crap and trying to improve the fitness and skills of the ones he already has.

We don't necessarily have to buy ourselves a ready-made team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Thats why towards the end of the season we gave the young lads a go. That was clearly DC's decision to get fans excited about the young players at the club. Not saying it's a bad thing, but to me giving Kirby, Baker etc runs out was a way of deflecting attention away from the fact we can't sign players. 

The survey was just getting fans' opinions. They didn't say they were going to do everything the fans said. But it would stick in craw if we were paying 40 quid to watch a team with less quality than previous seasons.