Pitchside beer

Craft Beer drinkers and 'real ale aficionados' are the type you see jotting train numbers down in their notebook in train stations, who still have a 'sideboard' at home in their living room, and who sleep next to the corpse of their dead mother in bed as it was just too hard to let go when she passed.

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

People who drink craft beer all wear sandals, have beards, and chat to each other about tree preservation

Neil, it is to be hoped, that you know more about Football, than you do about Beer !

Personally,  I'm not so sure !                                  lol

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

People who drink craft beer all wear sandals, have beards, and chat to each other about tree preservation

Do you think tree preservation is a subject not worthy of discussion?

As an outsider, even I'm aware of the great tree preservation (or not) debate in Sheffield. So have all Sheffielders become beardy sandal wearers? Remind me to take the shortest route to Hillsborough next season.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Craft Beer drinkers are the type who'd buy some eel and mash vol au vents in an independent bar in Kelham Island and then wait until the most people are looking at them before eating it (after instagramming the foooookery out of it)

True

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Craft Beer drinkers and 'real ale aficionados' are the type you see jotting train numbers down in their notebook in train stations, who still have a 'sideboard' at home in their living room, and who sleep next to the corpse of their dead mother in bed as it was just too hard to let go when she passed.

Pretty sure you were the first person to mention craft beer, obviously keen to get your knickers in a twist about it.

For what it's worth I'm not a fan of beer snobbery or craft beer, but that doesn't stop me from realising that Budweiser is an aggressively advertised expensive can of an American wee wee, badly imitating a Czech brewing tradition.

I also like the claim to being an individual, whilst also being a victim of marketing.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Pretty sure you were the first person to mention craft beer, obviously keen to get your knickers in a twist about it.

For what it's worth I'm not a fan of beer snobbery or craft beer, but that doesn't stop me from realising that Budweiser is an aggressively advertised expensive can of an American wee wee, badly imitating a Czech brewing tradition.

I also like the claim to being an individual, whilst also being a victim of marketing.

Yeah because one day all of a sudden all these beardy guys all woke up at the same time deciding that it would be great to drink something called craft ale, right out of the blue, and haven't been influenced in any way to do so

Jeeeeeeesus Christ

Craft Ale has more hype and bluster around it than any other drink in the history of drinks

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah because one day all of a sudden all these beardy guys all woke up at the same time deciding that it would be great to drink something called craft ale, right out of the blue, and haven't been influenced in any way to do so

Jeeeeeeesus Christ

Craft Ale has more hype and bluster around it than any other drink in the history of drinks

Don't forget Gin.

Hipster nonsense akin to growing a beard, thinking you have a god given right to show off your tats at work and wearing those plastic ear lobe stretching novelties.

With regards to drinking on the kop, i'd give it two weeks before the kop smells like the back of a pub..Who's going to completely wash all the kop every two weeks?

During the dark days last Autumn we had a group of lads behind us passing a hip flask around getting hysterical..shouting the most abusive and mental sht at the players all match..I tried to confront them but they didn't even hear me.

Craft Beer fans are the sort who ask the barstaff 'what rotational's do you have on today?' and await answers like 'spleen cleaver' or 'boomshackalacka' or 'grandpapa's sugar shack'

They sit waffling on about hops, and wheatbeers, and earthiness with absolutely no understanding of it's effect on those around them who sit silently pretending to listen whilst all the time regretting not going to Roxy's grab a granny night instead with real people

Owlstalk Shop

Went to Germany to watch England and beer was available in the stands. All good until we score and your playing dodge the pint.

It's a no from me.

Think FIFA and UEFA have different rules. It's ok in FIFA comps but not in UEFA.....

Real Ale drinkers head for ingoldmells for their holidays as it's proper retro hipster. They carry a filofax, and instigate trade union conflicts at their place of work over the availability of comfort breaks for anyone traumatised by the lack of greenery around Sheffield's streets

Owlstalk Shop