Our Highest Paid Player

Guest Arcadianrocket

The then Blackburn boss let it out how much Fletchers on, on some lancs radio show that slated him off for not bringing in enough quality strikers,he said

"We offered 28k but Wednesday offered him an extra 3K per week,and we just cant compete with that"

IMO that was 28K too much pal,the 3K is plenty

Edited by legendaryswan

We have at least five players on over 50 grand a week. 

These are fletcher, boyd, Rhodes, abdi and Jones. A couple of games ago four of them were on the bench. 

None of these players are out of contact until summer 2019 at the earliest. 

Who would sign any of them for any more than the proverbial peanuts?

Abdi and Jones couldn't even get a game with cc for at least six months.  Then abdi became a crock who couldn't play more than 45 minutes (lies of course from cc) and Jones was a broken man. 

We are a complete shambles because of insane contracts we have given to rejects (abdi excepted) 

Why? 

3 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

These are fletcher, boyd, Rhodes, abdi and Jones. A couple of games ago four of them were on the bench. 

Abdi and Jones couldn't even get a game with cc for at least six months.  Then abdi became a crock who couldn't play more than 45 minutes (lies of course from cc) and Jones was a broken man. 

We are a complete shambles because of insane contracts we have given to rejects (abdi excepted) 

Why? 

Listen, I’ve no inside line on what wages any of the boys are on , and for what it’s worth I don’t think anyone else does but I find it hard to believe anyone is on 50k a week never mind 5 of them 

1 hour ago, Mrmason69 said:

Why? 

Rubbish. 

Steering meeting pointed out no one is on over £35,000 a week.

8 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Rubbish. 

Steering meeting pointed out no one is on over £35,000 a week.

Im shocked if that's true ,id imagine forestieri fletcher and Rhodes are our top earners . but considering that before we signed Rhodes ,he scored the most goals  in english football and considering boro paid 12 million for him his salary there was  appx 3 million a year =60k a week that was also reported that he was on that there , so I reckoned 50k here ,id be very shocked if he took  huge pay cut to come here. 

13 hours ago, frastheowl said:

No evidence to base these estimates, but I reckon they won't be far off. 

Remember the accounts released were for the 2016/17 season, and so the wages of Boyd, Van Aken & Pelupessy won't be included. 

Total wage budget of nearly £26m, leave around £4m in wages throughout the club...coaching and medical staff, scouts, academy and U23 players, Joe Palmer's wage, groundsmen, auxilliary staff etc. It's worth bearing in mind, that I think the total number of employees the club had was 249. There's only 34 players factored into these figures...so there's another 215 additional salaries (one of which will be substantial, Palmer's) to be considered. 

An average wage of £18,000/year, for 200 employees, totals £3.6m. Of course, many reception, support staff will be part time, but coaching staff etc. will demand far bigger salaries than £18,000/year. Joe Palmer's salary alone would be over £100k a year I'd bet. 

I don't think these figures will be a million miles off. 

Wages Estimations.png

10 hours ago, hopevalleyowl said:

At the steering group tonight Chansiri played a game of guess the wage - top and lowest earner (striker only) 

top was under 35k (so possibly 34) and lowest was 8k.

Also came out that Urby Emmanuelson was on 13k, not bad value for 1 appearance!!

Not a million miles away then, based on those estimates.

Fletcher and Rhodes will be the top earning strikers, Nuhiu I suspect (maybe Joao, considering he came to the club as a prospect, and hasn't signed a new deal since) will be the £8k a week earner.

Only £2k/week off the Emmanuelson estimate also.

10 hours ago, hopevalleyowl said:

At the steering group tonight Chansiri played a game of guess the wage - top and lowest earner (striker only) 

top was under 35k (so possibly 34) and lowest was 8k.

Also came out that Urby Emmanuelson was on 13k, not bad value for 1 appearance!!

2 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

Why? 

Even when the facts have been made public.  We still get the fantasists.  What do they get out of it?

Edited by Sham67
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Even when the facts have been made public.  We still get the fantasists.  What do they get out of it?

This poster only ever posts negative bs - best left ignored. Although his claim that Dave Jones is on £50k pw is possibly the funniest thing he's ever posted. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Can you explain how FF has earned his stripes, but not Fletcher?

FF 12 goals last season.

Fletcher 11 goals last season. In fewer games.

The contribution of a player cannot be based just on the goals scored surely?

17 hours ago, AracdianDreamer said:

You could argue that we have not got any value for money from any of our higher earners who I imagine will be Rhodes, Fletcher and Abdi.

Anyone else whose up their like Westwood, FF, Bannan and Lees more often the not have earned their stripes.

42 minutes ago, Spookone said:

The contribution of a player cannot be based just on the goals scored surely?

I agree there’s far more to a plsyer’s worth than goals scored.

But, to suggest that FF is value for money, yet Fletcher isn’t, doesn’t make sense.

Fletch 3261 minutes in last 2 seasons

FF 2760 minutes in last 2 seasons

Fletch 13 goals in that time

FF 12 goals

Fletcher’s goals dragged us into the play-offs. 

Both on similar money apparently. 

I would say if FF is value, Fletch must be too.

A bigger question for me is whether EITHER player, in hindsight, gives value. Very good when they play, but don’t play anywhere near often enough for 35kpw. 

Food for thought on the real “value” of players. Here’s time played since the start of last season:-

FF 2760 minutes

Fletch 3261 minutes

Ince 5733 minutes

Knockaert 5733 minutes

REACH 6661 minutes !!!!

Abdi 888 minutes

Matias 161 minutes !!!!

I haven’t looked at minutes played by Hutch, Hooper, Lee, Loovens, but it won’t be good. 

• Like 1