Our Highest Paid Player

Guest Arcadianrocket

Guest Arcadianrocket

With all the talk of wages and FFP, does anyone have any idea who our best paid player is and how much roughly they are on a week?

I thought with all the ITK posters on here someone would have  rough idea. Be interesting to find out who it is.

Guest Arcadianrocket

It seemed we had the balance right in the first season, with an excellent team spirit.

The Fletcher signing rocked the apple cart and things have not really been the same since.

You could argue that we have not got any value for money from any of our higher earners who I imagine will be Rhodes, Fletcher and Abdi.

Anyone else whose up their like Westwood, FF, Bannan and Lees more often the not have earned their stripes.

Guest Arcadianrocket
4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Fletcher 

the 4 year deal even at the time was crazy.

How do we explain this decision? He is not represented by Doyen.

7 minutes ago, alanharper said:

If you want to know anything about Wednesday,  you need to ask a blade. They know everything about us, far more than we do, and the actual pig-certified figures are even higher than we thought. 

_20180309_182440.thumb.JPG.b8df85a7b1c2905ee0650cafafffb939.JPG

Fessi never been on 50k a week slight exageration i think 

Just now, dan1980 said:

Fessi never been on 50k a week slight exageration i think 

No, a blade said it. So it's fact. 

Doesn't matter how illogical and clearly all £20k too high the figures are, you can't change the facts they've got in their head. 

3 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Wasn’t Fletchers wages the sore point for FF’s refusal to play

It was assumed so.

It would seem, the Fletcher signing was the cause of the exponential inflation of our wages. 

Previously, estimating, I'd say Forestieri signed from Watford for £15k/week, and then Hooper may well have come in and got £20k. Which is fair enough...top Championship teams have to pay that for their best players.

Then Fletcher came in...on a 4 year deal...and I reckon he collects £30-35k/week. Abdi followed...probably on £25-30k/week, and Forestieri is left there, thinking "I'm the clubs best player, and yet I'm on half of what these new guys are on." Forestieri I reckon will be on £25-30k/week now, after his new contract.

And then, you'll have the old guard, who when signed were on relatively modest wages. Lees, Lee, Hutchinson, Westwood...all who became key players along with these top earners, and all who were awarded new contracts. Those four will be on £18-20k/week easily. 

It doesn't take long for a sustainable FFP model, to be totally blown out of the water. And it's just a natural progression caused by hugely shifting the wage cap for one player. The club had two choices: reward the players with (deserved) new contracts...or sell. And they choose the reward option. Of which, all fans would've agreed with at the time. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AracdianDreamer said:

It seemed we had the balance right in the first season, with an excellent team spirit.

The Fletcher signing rocked the apple cart and things have not really been the same since.

You could argue that we have not got any value for money from any of our higher earners who I imagine will be Rhodes, Fletcher and Abdi.

Anyone else whose up their like Westwood, FF, Bannan and Lees more often the not have earned their stripes.

Can you explain how FF has earned his stripes, but not Fletcher?

FF 12 goals last season.

Fletcher 11 goals last season. In fewer games.