play yesterdays team next year and let us in for free/cheap?

What's worrying is the silence from the chairman, I do wonder if he is considering packing it in or dialling it down. Maybe the return from the season ticket deals will help him decide. 

When we were considered to be 'short' at LB last season, we picked up Urby outside the window as a free agent, the fact we're not looking to help Jos in the same market now is alarming and worrying. 

4 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

What's worrying is the silence from the chairman, I do wonder if he is considering packing it in or dialling it down. Maybe the return from the season ticket deals will help him decide. 

When we were considered to be 'short' at LB last season, we picked up Urby outside the window as a free agent, the fact we're not looking to help Jos in the same market now is alarming and worrying. 

Or..Maybe Jos has said...

"What in the name of f.ook have all these decent Academy players been doing Mr Chansiri"

I'm not saying thats the answer, but how in fookery has Butterfield been getting in the side in front of clare for long enough...?

3 hours ago, modboy said:

amount of "wasted" wages on injured players at the moment is about the same as we generate from ST income.

How would you feel about going with yesterdays team next season (with a few quality loanees in desperate areas) and paying a minimal ST sum? 

Ive loved seeing our youngsters get a game, much better than watching millionaires not giving a throw.

We probably could have a squad thats combative in mid-table and it would be a fraction of the cost to attend as supporters.

Why not just watch Sheffield FC if you don't care about winning and fielding a competitive team?

Edited by Indoor Owl

Just having a discussion re an idea that will never happen.

Point is still valid that the players not playing at the moment is probably the same income as season ticket income whichever way you look at it is dreadfully mismanaged / unlucky

50 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

Why not just watch Sheffield FC if you don't care about winning and fielding a competitive team?

Nah it's not swfc. Only one team for me. 

Personally I'd settle for a happy medium re price/expenditure

4 hours ago, modboy said:

amount of "wasted" wages on injured players at the moment is about the same as we generate from ST income.

How would you feel about going with yesterdays team next season (with a few quality loanees in desperate areas) and paying a minimal ST sum? 

Ive loved seeing our youngsters get a game, much better than watching millionaires not giving a throw.

We probably could have a squad thats combative in mid-table and it would be a fraction of the cost to attend as supporters.

That's it then, problem solved.

In future let's not ever sign any players that might get injured.

F******n obvious, totally gobsmacked none of the idiots that run our club have thought of this.

3 hours ago, modboy said:

We've signed these players though. None of our injured players this year are new to problems.

Interesting point though re excessive wages being wasted in a time when many fans are feeling the squeeze financially.

Why not start " another  ticket prices thread " instead of trying to dress it up as a squad debate...oh yeah you've been banging on about that for ever till people are bored shitless with it. FFS

nothing to do with prices. imo the season tickets are fairly enough priced.

Just be an interesting idea for a club to decide upon.

Barnsley fans i know like their cheap STs and are now worried how their new investors may bump up prices going forward (if they survive). Cant have it all ways.

The club muted cheaper tickets and less investment in that survey. Yesterday i really enjoyed seeing the youngsters have a go, much more so than when we had a full team at the beginning of the season.