play yesterdays team next year and let us in for free/cheap?

amount of "wasted" wages on injured players at the moment is about the same as we generate from ST income.

How would you feel about going with yesterdays team next season (with a few quality loanees in desperate areas) and paying a minimal ST sum? 

Ive loved seeing our youngsters get a game, much better than watching millionaires not giving a throw.

We probably could have a squad thats combative in mid-table and it would be a fraction of the cost to attend as supporters.

We've got a host of great players but we just need to let a few go and thin the squad out. Bring in the youth to replace them and a few minor repairs to certain positions and i believe we'd be back uo competing in the top 10. However, thats dependant on players being fit/having a normal amount of injuries. Not sure we can ever count on that anymore.

Steve Bruce and his mate gave me an idea.

Instead of paying £50,000 a week out to injured strikers. 

Why not simply give each match day official a one off £50k payment to ensure the decisions all go 16-1 in our favour. 

Benefits all parties, and we don't have to worry about appearance bonuses either. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, modboy said:

amount of "wasted" wages on injured players at the moment is about the same as we generate from ST income.

How would you feel about going with yesterdays team next season (with a few quality loanees in desperate areas) and paying a minimal ST sum? 

Ive loved seeing our youngsters get a game, much better than watching millionaires not giving a throw.

We probably could have a squad thats combative in mid-table and it would be a fraction of the cost to attend as supporters.

Yep, I'd love to return to mid-table mediocrity. Thing were much better with Stuart Gray before this Chansiri fella came along with his silly ideas about premier league football. Who'd want to be a good football team anyway?

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Why not simply give each match day official a one off £50k payment to ensure the decisions all go 16-1 in our favour. 

Benefits all parties, and we don't have to worry about appearance bonuses either. 

That's dead right...and it would be under the VAT limit... which would be double clever.

I've been paying my lads with bitcoin since Christmas... ha.hahahha.....hahahahahahahaha!

OhhhhhhFFS....deary me..haha.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, markjr2401 said:

Yep, I'd love to return to mid-table mediocrity. Thing were much better with Stuart Gray before this Chansiri fella came along with his silly ideas about premier league football. Who'd want to be a good football team anyway?

And then sacked Stuart Gray without giving him a chance, throwing away gazillions of his, and OUR money, and finishing up exactly where we were when he came in.

(but with a better pitch)

Maybe just train the players properly then we’ll be paying them to play and because they’re good players we’ll probably have a good team. As nice as it’s been seeing some youth come through we haven’t actually been winning many games. If we play our u23 team we’ll get u23 results. 

Summer can’t come soon enough. 

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Maybe just train the players properly then we’ll be paying them to play and because they’re good players we’ll probably have a good team. As nice as it’s been seeing some youth come through we haven’t actually been winning many games. If we play our u23 team we’ll get u23 results. 

Yep. 

It's great to see some of the Under 23 lads getting their chance, but if we "go with the kids" then we will find ourselves in League One pretty quickly. 

We need to strike a balance between proven performers at this level and the youngsters coming through. The likes of Clare, Thorniley and dare I say Hirst will be much better players for getting the chance to line up with Hooper, Bannan and Nando. 

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I don't think we were winning enough before the injuries struck.

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

In that case, we could all pop down the bookies & lump on squire. A few coupon busters & we're all in clover.

49 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

And then sacked Stuart Gray without giving him a chance, throwing away gazillions of his, and OUR money, and finishing up exactly where we were when he came in.

(but with a better pitch)

Dont forget the big screen and electronic advertising boards as well as the golden elephants oh and the Wednesday Tap........what did the Romans ever do for us eh?