This press conference has got me very angry

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Hi mate,

Thanks for that. Some interesting points and I'll read through it a few times and try to take on board what you're saying

The boardroom has been pulled. There were things in there that could land posters in trouble and I'm not wanting that at all. 

I"ll back off a bit with the moderating but recently (and you don't see the stuff we have to pull) it's been mad season 

I genuinely appreciate you putting your thoughts out there in such a constructive manner and promise I'll act on what you've said

I appreciate your quick and frank response, but please stop moving, hiding and pulling valid posts like this, because such actions only fuel the conspiracy theorists. I don't think anybody wants that do they?

Otherwise keep up the good work.

Just now, Ante's Bubbly said:

I appreciate your quick and frank response, but please stop moving, hiding and pulling valid posts like this, because such actions only fuel the conspiracy theorists. I don't think anybody wants that do they?

Note that I will also remove/move any posts about the site, other posters, 'where has my post gone', or anything else that I deem irrelevant to the football section. Because this is ultimately a football site about Sheffield Wednesday and this is the football section. 

That's the right thing to do. Always. People dont' want to log onto a football site to read about a football site.

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

being in charge of this forum must be a  flipping headache - I'd like to think I praise and criticise @Owlstalk  in equal measure.

I don't agree with the boardroom removal, but he does stuff based on info we don't have I suppose

one thing I know, I love this site it has its idiots, I'm prob one, but I wouldn't be without it had many many laughs on here and 

be honest where is the first place you go to for independent info on the owls ?

Just now, steelowl said:

being in charge of this forum must be a  flipping headache - I'd like to think I praise and criticise @Owlstalk  in equal measure.

I don't agree with the boardroom removal, but he does stuff based on info we don't have I suppose

one thing I know, I love this site it has its idiots, I'm prob one, but I wouldn't be without it had many many laughs on here and 

be honest where is the first place you go to for independent info on the owls ?

I'll be honest mate - It's totally exhausted me this last 5 or 6 weeks

So many trolls and nutters posting hate, windup threads of the worst kind, and even PM'ing each other for fights

We deal with so much on this site as a mod team you wouldn't believe it if I told you

Not complaining btw - just saying

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I'll be honest mate - It's totally exhausted me this last 5 or 6 weeks

So many trolls and nutters posting hate, windup threads of the worst kind, and even PM'ing each other for fights

We deal with so much on this site as a mod team you wouldn't believe it if I told you

Not complaining btw - just saying

Dear oh dear! 

If you can't have a disagreement on something, that ultimately the majority of us want the best for, without resorting to violence against the person you have a difference of opinion with then you need to have a serious look at yourself. 

Don't envy you on that score, hope it makes them realise how stupid  they are being when you point this out to them rather then getting them even more riled up......... 

Edited by Guest

12 hours ago, daleblue said:

I think you may be way off the mark, we are so far behind clubs like Manchester Utd, Carlos was not interested in the longevity of our club with ref to playing unfit 

players, whilst Manchester Utd is all about long term plans, you cant equate both clubs.

How ever once this new guy gets his own way of doing things, a lot more professionally hopefully, then we may see this happen.

we live in hope.

You are way off here. Long term plans and Mourinho in the same sentence! 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Totally agree.

Jos is everything that Carlos isn't, starting with honest.

I recognise that we're unlikely to get promotion next season but 

I've got complete faith in him in the long term.

I hope he his given time to build, as the foundations he will lay will be far more durable than what what we've had in years.

Also, he is prepared to talk in a positive way about GH, and even if he doesn't stay, I don't think we will get in this mess again with younger talent.

Not knocking Jos but the GH situation is all about our CEO

This lack of fitness/missing players smells rather fishy to me. 

Jos sounds like he is being extra cautious with players but they seem to be getting injured anyway (Mathias and Rhodes for example). 

Who knows whats going on. 

Edited by CF83OWL

12 hours ago, daleblue said:

I think you may be way off the mark, we are so far behind clubs like Manchester Utd, Carlos was not interested in the longevity of our club with ref to playing unfit 

players, whilst Manchester Utd is all about long term plans, you cant equate both clubs.

How ever once this new guy gets his own way of doing things, a lot more professionally hopefully, then we may see this happen.

we live in hope.

15 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

You are way off here. Long term plans and Mourinho in the same sentence! 

You need to read what people post mate, and not what you think they post.

6 minutes ago, daleblue said:

You need to read what people post mate, and not what you think they post.

Ok be pedantic if you want.

My initial point about players fitness still stands though, the manager does not decide.

I don't quite get this fitness thing, if it does exists, is all about the manager. What about the players? Why do we not see that the motivation and desire of the players is not there any longer? The players are a far bigger issue than our manager (past or present). We need a big change of personnel in the summer.

On 23/02/2018 at 00:32, Owlinmad said:

When my son was playing it stated in his contract his BMI must not go above a certain limit, also his weight and other vitals, which I can't remember.

This was year round not just pre season. If he failed on any of them he was in breach of contract and could be fined.

It was up to the player to keep a high, basic, level of fitness.

But that’s still standards set by the conditioning coach. It’s not him just doing his own thing.