FA CUP NIGHT - LIVE from 23 New Steps

B38DE288-F00C-4F8D-807D-8DA1D7763341.jpeg

FA Cup Night in Malta isn’t going as planned yet

Am in 23 New Steps Bar and it’s all about to kick off

The barmaid has relationship issues and is spilling it all out to the geezer at the bar who’s sympathetic to her plight

Im on the Cisk beer despite it being 2.70 a pint (most I’ve paid in Malta so far)

Heading for food then the Wednesday Supporters Bar at Scotch Corner in Buggiba although in reliaty pretty much everywhere here is ‘just round the corner’

Barmaid is Bulgarian or Russian or something and just gave me free crisps so gonna hang here for another beer and try and blag some peanuts

Owlstalk Shop

There are condiments on the tables like this place as though they’re going to serve bar food 

I’ll not be partaking 

TVM is on the telly and can’t understand a word of it

Why can’t they have only fools and horses on like they do in Benidorm? Mad racists 

it’s dark outside and quite chilly at 13 degrees

Hope to god can find a live stream for the game or I’m tempted to drink myself into oblivion and go swimming in St Paul’s Bay

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There are condiments on the tables like this place as though they’re going to serve bar food 

I’ll not be partaking 

TVM is on the telly and can’t understand a word of it

Why can’t they have only fools and horses on like they do in Benidorm? Mad racists 

it’s dark outside and quite chilly at 13 degrees

Hope to god can find a live stream for the game or I’m tempted to drink myself into oblivion and go swimming in St Paul’s Bay

Don’t end up emulating Oliver Reed. He spent his final hours on a big session in a bar in Malta. Don’t think he was trying to watch The Wednesday though.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

No table dancing

another two people have rocked up now and are sat outside the bar on the street

its all happening now 

rock n roll

is there a bouncer outside  that looks like peter kay ?

(homage to Phoenix nights)

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

I for one will be following this thread as I'm keen to witness Neil's fall into fear and loathing in Malta. 

1) Never trust a cop in a raincoat.
2) Beware of enthusiasm and of love, both are temporary and quick to sway.
3) If asked if you care about the world's problems, look deep into the eyes of he who asks, he will never ask you again.
4) Never give your real name.
5) If ever asked to look at yourself, don't look.
6) Never do anything the person standing in front of you can't understand.
7) Never create anything, it will be misinterpreted, it will chain you and follow you for the rest of your life.

I'd like to add:

8) Never look a gift horse in the mouth, unless it comes from a Russian barmaid looking to change her Facebook relationship status to "it's complicated".