ONLY 3 THINGS WRONG

5 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

1. Just because we don’t know DC’s plan of action doesn’t mean he hasn’t got one.

2. We had a manager but some wouldn’t accept him

3. The players aren’t exactly old, it’s a myth that somebody pushed and is now a fact. The height thing wasn’t a problem when we were competing at the top of the table, same with the “age” thing. The character of our players is now a negative, wasn’t so long ago when folk were saying how our squad had bags of it.

To summarise, we’re lacking in confidence. We weren’t that far off, the negativity is burrowing through this club and it will kill us if it’s not stopped.

We as fans need to grow a pair and stop being so kneejerk.

Together this club can prosper.

Spot on, important to try to see positives in difficult times.

What we think and believe we are, we will become.

Ommmmmm.

Since his purchase of the club from Mandaric, our chairman has overseen the purchase of a new pitch. several overpriced and overpaid players, and other small things which cost money but are never talked about. The last set of Accounts showed that we are not making a profit (not unlike many Championship sides) Were he to attempt to sell the club today, how much would he receive, compared with his outlay. I don't think anyone has made a profit from soccer IN RECENT TIMES..

The ones making the money are the overpaid players and their agents.

I'm just wondering what DC had in mind when he considered Katrien Miere for the job of CEO.  An ability to rile supporters to distraction in her last job at Charlton and quotes in reports like this in the Evening Standard of her role in the club, including her involvement in deciding to sack Chris Powell, Manager of the club at the time:

"He is a great hero. But people need to understand, the owner and I need to be able to work with the manager. It is the most important relationship at the club."

It's not the decision to sack Powell that worries me, nor the way they went about it, but the fact that, as the article reveals, she's sees her role as one in which she influences the Chairman on decisions about the Manager's future and on the acquisition of players.  She cites that her collaboration with Charlton chairman Dutchalet "makes my job easier getting players".  There was no mention of the Manager's involvement in that particular process. 

I find it worrying that she has been appointed at the club at this time when we need to be concentrating on bringing in a new head coach.  Too many variables too soon.  Considering her previous form with Charlton, her role will surely be a concern for any prospective bidders for the job of Coach.  Am I worrying too much?  Will it all work out ok in the end? 

A newish Chairman, a controversial CEO and a prospective Coach in Jos Lukuhay who hasn't been gainfully employed in football since 2016.  They are new to each other and they have to hit the ground running together effectively as a background team and gain the confidence of the players to get things moving in the right direction on the pitch. I truly hope this turns out to be one of those ...well who'd a thought it! success stories!

12 hours ago, Whatahoot said:

A person who recognises what style of play the Hillsborough faithful can get behind and relate to.

Wednesday have played umpteen different styles of play over the years, in my opinion the only 'style' the Hillsborough faithful relate to is one where we win more than we lose, in other words it doesn't matter what style or formation we play as long as it's reasonable in terms of results....you couldn't get much more diverse than Wilko & Big Ron, Owls fans loved them both because they were successful.