Hurry up Fernando

2 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

I almost feel bad for FF coming back to the immense pressure of everyone thinking he is the one thing that will turn our season.

He's a cracking player but he has no say on the garbage style of play.

He helped us to play offs last season despite CCs dire tactics.

FF is the one  player who sometimes ignores CCs instructions. Because he has a will to win.

If only more players did this.

Can anybody argue that any of the forwards are playing well enough to say that a 100% fit FF should not be given a go.

The only person who got behind the back four today was Palmer a couple of times.

I acknowledge Hooper's abilities and his strengths but for all his ability,  and until the last couple of games he has probably been our best player, these strengths are that he plays with his back to goal and generally passes the ball sideways or back. Basically he keeps possession in a very skilful way but has stopped getting in the box.

We have too many players who can only contribute if the team is playing well, none that can create from nothing.

The other strikers are just work horses, who happen to be taller than FF.

We are absolutely desperate for a forward who will try and turn, take a centre half on and at least frighten the defence a little bit.

I would prefer 433 with FF on the left but whatever we play we need his flair.

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Answer the question.

What question? The answer is that we do better with FF in the team. I'll try & summarize, again, but you have a blind spot with regards to FF (caused by your weird obsession with Hooper)

Ok here goes.

FF played in a mixture of upfront/left mid positions for the last 2 seasons. He finished top scorer, SWFC finished in the play offs, both season's.

This season without FF we're mid table, struggling to score goals.

Has the penny dropped? We VERY much appear to be missing FF.

Your repeated claims/boasts that we'd pesh the league with Hooper & Fletcher up front, have fallen flat on their face. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Meh, I’ve given up with FF, as I have most of the players 

even when he becomes fit CC won’t start him and use as an impact sub 

Wont start him .when he fit he plays another arm chair supporter who talks sht

21 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Save us from this poo .

I've been eagerly awaiting his return for a while. But then it dawned on me that Carlos will probably just play him up front when he returns, with the same midfield behind him, with the same dour tactics etc. 

4 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

I've been eagerly awaiting his return for a while. But then it dawned on me that Carlos will probably just play him up front when he returns, with the same midfield behind him, with the same dour tactics etc. 

But the problem is, Carlos is going nowhere. DC won't sack him.

That's the point that some seem to be missing.

We're playing this way and that's it.

Ask yourself this....would you rather we play this way with or without a game changer like Forestieri? 

We need him. Desperately.

1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Ask yourself this....would you rather we play this way with or without a game changer like Forestieri? 

If the question is would I rather play this way with FF up front, it's an easy one....without. We stop scoring.

If the question is woukd I rather play this way with FF wide, its just as easy.....with.

You make it sound like he fits anywhere in the team, and he so clearly doesn't.

4 hours ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

He’s back in January apparently but whether that’s early or late who knows ! At this point he should be walking into the team!

Carlos said recently that it could be a nine month injury, in which case he misses the season, but that he feels it could be January, though it was nothing more than a feeling.

3 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

I agree.

We do need him. But I can't get excited, knowing that he'll probably be played up front.

If I knew that Carlos may play Fernando wide, or in the hole, or as a 4-3-3, then I'd feel different. But he won't. 

I've had enough now. I'll always like Carlos, but it's clear that we can't progress any further with him at the helm. 

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

If the question is would I rather play this way with FF up front, it's an easy one....without. We stop scoring.

If the question is woukd I rather play this way with FF wide, its just as easy.....with.

You make it sound like he fits anywhere in the team, and he so clearly doesn't.

We're playing without ff as a forward as a left winger, as a centre half.

It isn't working without FF.

How hard us it for you to comprehend?

The only proof that we're not missing ff; is progression without him.

You constant bleating mean nothing, to anyone but yourself. You looking a bit desperate.

Well if my memory serves, so far this season we’ve had

Get rid of Fessi

Get rid of Carlos

Get rid of Rhodes

Get rid of Reach

Get rid of Hirst

Get rid of Dawson

Get rid of Nuhiu

I’m certain that I’ve just scratched the ‘get rid of’ surface, Fessi could just be our saving grace, why would some posters wish to get rid of him just because he’s a bell end, George Best wouldn’t have lasted long with us would he?

6 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

We're playing without ff as a forward as a left winger, as a centre half.

It isn't working without FF.

How hard us it for you to comprehend?

The only proof that we're not missing ff; is progression without him.

You constant bleating mean nothing, to anyone but yourself. You looking a bit desperate.

If fit tomorrow, where would YOU play him v Hull?

Bearing in mind, we know it's 442. It always is.