All about the refs again..

10 hours ago, woldsowl said:

It's equally a sad day when 2 pieces of foul play and inept refereeing deny you your only 2 chances of winning a football match.

Well I'd have been grateful for the penalties whether we had 100 shots on target or none!

in the first few minutes I thought Bristol would be VERY dangerous from their set pieces & long throws & possibly steamroller us.

Lees was winded & Westwood flattened in the first two.

the comments on channel 5 were interesting, as was the penalty for Everton. But we can kid ourselves that things will even out.

Edited by OhForAnotherShez

34 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Plain and simple we should not gave to rely on penalties to win games. I judge a performance on overall play, chances created, shots on target etc not on penalty appeals incorrectly not given.  

If the pens were given/ scored, the game would’ve changed as Bristol would need to score.

The anti Carlos mob are as blinkered as the referees  lol

12 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Top post, I said a few weeks ago are we really going to blame refereeing decisions on not making the playoffs this season? As that seems Carlos’ main problem so far.  Avoiding the fact that we aren’t doing enough to win games by our own merits 

So the class piece of play that sees Bannan waft through their defence with an excellent chance of scoring, only to be wiped out by Bristol's defender, and denied what was a stonewall penalty wasn't created by "our own merits"?

If the penalty which should have been given, is given, and we win 1-0 all you would remember is the great piece of play and the winning feeling.

Many games are won in this league 1-0 with the goal coming from a penalty. Refereeing decisions do matter. Right now we seem to be on the receiving end of bad refereeing decisions right from the off this season. Yesterday hardly any decision went our way. Every time Hooper got near the ball he was adjudged to be fouling when most of the time it was the other way round. 

Just now, Miffed said:

Why was the referee so pedantic about where we took our free kicks from whereas Bristol were allowed to take theirs from seemingly anywhere?

Maybe he hadn't had enough attention himself for a while.

Classic free kick in the first half had a big crowd reaction and Hooper arguing and pointing to the crowd.

He must have been saying 'Listen to that, do you think the crowd suddenly react and complain instantly if nothing has happened?'

14 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

So the class piece of play that sees Bannan waft through their defence with an excellent chance of scoring, only to be wiped out by Bristol's defender, and denied what was a stonewall penalty wasn't created by "our own merits"?

If the penalty which should have been given, is given, and we win 1-0 all you would remember is the great piece of play and the winning feeling.

Many games are won in this league 1-0 with the goal coming from a penalty. Refereeing decisions do matter. Right now we seem to be on the receiving end of bad refereeing decisions right from the off this season. Yesterday hardly any decision went our way. Every time Hooper got near the ball he was adjudged to be fouling when most of the time it was the other way round. 

Im more annoyed that the team we have paid millions to assemble was not capable of having one shot on target against that Bristol City line up.

at the end of the season I will be blaming our team for poor results/performances against Preston, Sunderland, QPR, Bolton, Barnsley, Bristol City (and no doubt many more to come). Than saying it was the referees fault. But fair enough each to their own opinions

Edited by Southie_Owl

18 hours ago, BC1867 said:

But they were bang average weren't they? Remember first half? 3 of them lining up unmarked. Straight at Westwood. But yeah darra they are class

3 of them lining up unmarked!......... I'd say it's us who are bang average or even pish poor.

4 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Im more annoyed that the team we have paid millions to assemble was not capable of having one shot on target against that Bristol City line up.

at the end of the season I will be blaming our team for poor results/performances against Preston, Sunderland, QPR, Bolton, Barnsley, Bristol City (and no doubt many more to come). Than saying it was the referees fault. But fair enough each to their own opinions

All I am saying is that refereeing decisions change games and affect outcomes you on the other hand seem to think that we should be winning games by margins that make refereeing decisions redundant. In yesterdays 

48 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

If the pens were given/ scored, the game would’ve changed as Bristol would need to score.

The anti Carlos mob are as blinkered as the referees  lol

Surely you mean the "wants whats best for the football club and can see that he will never change from being stubborn" mob ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

All I am saying is that refereeing decisions change games and affect outcomes you on the other hand seem to think that we should be winning games by margins that make refereeing decisions redundant. In yesterdays 

And how many referring decisions have gone against all the other teams in their matches? If you’re dishing out points the “referree’s have cost us” then you have to do that for every team in the league too. Of course one team will be on top of that poor decisions table and it may be us, but I still wouldn’t be confident that once those points are handed out that we’d jump up into the playoffs - or that we then have a team good enough to win a playoff campaign (as we haven’t in the last two seasons)

Besides which just because we get given a penalty doesn’t mean we will be good enough to then win games. We went ahead to burton and Barnsley etc and failed to win those games. Just because a referee gives us a penalty and we go one nil up (tho we missed a few penalties last season), doesn’t mean we will definitely win that game.

I just think it will be funny if come May we have fans complaining we would have been promoted if referees had given us more decisions. And forgetting the dropped points due to our own team’s poor performances.

Just now, Southie_Owl said:

And how many referring decisions have gone against all the other teams in their matches? If you’re dishing out points the “referree’s have cost us” then you have to do that for every team in the league too. Of course one team will be on top of that poor decisions table and it may be us, but I still wouldn’t be confident that once those points are handed out that we’d jump up into the playoffs - or that we then have a team good enough to win a playoff campaign (as we haven’t in the last two seasons)

Besides which just because we get given a penalty doesn’t mean we will be good enough to then win games. We went ahead to burton and Barnsley etc and failed to win those games. Just because a referee gives us a penalty and we go one nil up (tho we missed a few penalties last season), doesn’t mean we will definitely win that game.

I just think it will be funny if come May we have fans complaining we would have been promoted if referees had given us more decisions. And forgetting the dropped points due to our own team’s poor performances.

Of course I see that and my comment is consistant with that, as I said "we don't seem to be getting anything back", that's fair to say surely.

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

He can blame referees all he likes & at the end of the day it could have made the difference.

But you cannot rely on the officials to win you a football match,you have to be better than that.

He is only kidding himself thinking otherwise (and maybe a few on here).

3 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

Of course I see that and my comment is consistant with that, as I said "we don't seem to be getting anything back", that's fair to say surely.

Yes it was frustrating that we didn’t get a penalty in yesterday’s game. 

But my frustration these days is more aimed at the consistently average level of performances from our own team as I don’t think it’s good enough to be a promotion side, with or without the referrees help

11 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

lol

Part of these that “want what’s the best for the club” can’t wait to kick a boot at the club at every available opportunity. Best for the club? My arse! lol

I agree to a certain point that we have a few who seem to have agendas against Mr C no matter what he does after years of wanting the mega rich owner to take the club forward.... he needs football people in to help him IMO..... Carlos that's a different matter....:biggrin:

One of Mr C's biggest mistakes is he seems to have overestimated the average spare wealth of South Yorkshire people and got confused with thinking it's like South London

Edited by steveger