Championship Manager 03/04

Guest gibkevin

I had this edition and still remember taking us to Premier League champions and Champs League final in about six seasons with trusty signings like Lionel Morgan. Obviously I shipped most of that deadwood out, but for some reason, despite his mediocre stats, Brian Barry-Murphy was my undroppable star player and regularly vied for Premier League player of season. Then he suddenly and mysteriously disappeared from my squad without warning or notification mid-way though one season, as if the game had stretched its credulity so far that it couldn't be sustained any longer.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

There are certain players in that team who really should have walked that division that season. The fact that most were massive wasters, and the rest of their teammates were dogshite, put an end to that however.

The players had no bottle. We were averaging 24,000 that season and they just couldn’t cope. Didn’t we infamously draw 0-0 with Rushden and Diamonds? 

And we think it’s bad now lol 

9 hours ago, A12owl said:

There are regularly people on OT who are not computer savvy. Perhaps there should be  sarcasm button to stop people like me being woooshed ( if that's the right expression). I perhaps will have to let others fall for the con.

lolIts not a problem. Just a natural trait to help others.

The fact that some people have downvoted your post when you were being helpful and just not picking up on text based sarcasm is really quite depressing.

Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end. Thank Wadd they did.  Fond (?!) memories of travelling all the way to Bournemouth for a midweek game and losing 1-0 to an injury time goal, shortly after Proudlock had spurned a sitter, and travelling back on a roasting night on a coach with no aircon, sitting near the stinking bogs, and then having to stop for ages at Woodall to change coach driver in the early hours eventually getting home well after 3am and then working in the morning.

17 hours ago, malek said:

Turner really had eye for a player.

Released Geary, Bromby and Quinn on free, they helped United get to The Premiership, and did decent job there.

Then he went to Stockport, and first thing he did was to sell Richie Lambert to Rochdale for 50k...

Unbelievable !

Pigs still like to claim that they came along and "stole" those 3 from us. Even though they'd been released at the end of their contracts, and they actually bought Geary from Stockport where he went after we let him go. 

15 hours ago, owls maniac said:

That was a few years back (2001?) under Yorath. To be fair, that cup run was a brief moment of glory in an otherwise car crash of an era. Loved Ekoku’s belter past Schemichael when we put Villa out.

Just a shame the semi final at Blackburn was marred by the robocops lol

Ekoku's goal to pull it back to 2-1 in the first leg is still one of my favourite memories as a Wednesday Fan.  Hillsborough was bouncing that night, we were a bit crap, but gave it a real go.

28 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end. Thank Wadd they did.  Fond (?!) memories of travelling all the way to Bournemouth for a midweek game and losing 1-0 to an injury time goal, shortly after Proudlock had spurned a sitter, and travelling back on a roasting night on a coach with no aircon, sitting near the stinking bogs, and then having to stop for ages at Woodall to change coach driver in the early hours eventually getting home well after 3am and then working in the morning.

Fair flipping play mate. Anyone who followed us home and away in that period deserves a medal size of a bin lid, because we were consistently abysmal. Has a club relegated from the premier league ever deteriorated to such a state of crap within a 3 year window? 

17 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Fair flipping play mate. Anyone who followed us home and away in that period deserves a medal size of a bin lid, because we were consistently abysmal. Has a club relegated from the premier league ever deteriorated to such a state of crap within a 3 year window? 

tbh the end of that season was the closest I've ever come to stopping going, it was truly awful. I said that if Dave Allen was still here I wouldn't renew my season ticket, but being daft enough to never stop going I did anyway and it paid off with the promotion the next season. I did photoshop "Allen Out" onto my season ticket photo ID though, surprised he didn't try to ban/sue me!