:-(

Guest Deleted member

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

So...you complain about someone else following you about labeling them "pathetic" and then do your usual thing with me which is skulking around in the background and then sniping. 

Bit hypocritical. 

I didn’t realise there was a magic number of posts to have an opinion. Please enlighten me what it is. 

Just now, kingsidney said:

I didn’t realise there was a magic number of posts to have an opinion. Please enlighten me what it is. 

You can post an opinion after 1 post. 

You should try it some day. 

12 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

Still think you’re council house in flippingEastleigh is better than living in Sydney. You mention it every time I post. Do you want me to send you a pic. 

You really are a bit pathetic. :stuwinky:

"Still think you are" WTF does that mean dimwit, please explain.

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Just seen this on twitter to really highlight how depressing things are right now 

#swfc have now won 1 in 8, 5 out last 19 and sit 17th in the Championship

Please can someone let Chansiri know? 

And yet DC still backs Carlos to the hilt . Very strange 

1 hour ago, 33 said:

DC is THE problem

Hasn't got a clue

He is new to football and needs an experienced head who knows the game to stop him being taken for a mug by the like of Doyen.

He should have done all he could to keep Aldridge at the club  

Edited by S36 OWL

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

If all this stuff about Doyen is true (and Carlos is one of their clients) then it all may start to make sense...

Totally agree mate . Something is going on behind the scenes we dont know about 

For me it started with the ticket prices, then the badge then that awful kit last season - then all the Thai flags strewn everywhere, DCs name appearing everywhere,  a golden bloody elephant at the main entrance, then being instructed to pay homage to the Thai king... nagging doubts.

But in my head the trade off was "we'll get to the prem though - the promised land..."

And we haven't done. And the football has become as bad as it was under Dave Jones's last few months.

But then, Ive wondered what it will be like even IF we were in the Prem this time next year or the year after next?

The reality is even higher ticket prices - and then there is the possibility of a flat pack stadium, half and half scarves, DCs name and portrait plastered everywhere as our 'dear leader' - all matched with endless seasons of mediocrity or survival fights in a premier league that is in fact a two tier division.

Then what? New stadium? The end of stripes forever? Colour changes? 

Honestly, I cannot see the point. This is not what the Wednesday club was founded for. 

I do think credit where its due, Sheffield United seem to be retaining their identity and moving forward. But like us, the Prem offers little long term for provincial medium-to-large sized clubs. Also, they too have issues around ownership (a Saudi prince and the club legally separated from the ground).

Its for this reason I look at the likes of FC United and AFC Liverpool and can see why fans set them up.

Anyone fancy setting up AFC Wednesday?

13 hours ago, Grandad said:

It gives me absolutely zero pleasure to say it - but yes, I'm genuinely done.

I've had some time since the OP to think. I actually drove straight to Newark to watch the team my lad manages in the Central Midlands League, hes now won 4 games on the bounce since taking over as manager (following 10 straight defeats). I stood watching a fantastic end to end game, with a pint in my hand and a pie at half time, the whole thing including entry and programme cost me less than a tenner, and I saw 11 (22 actually) completely committed players giving their all for their teams, no petulance (well, a bit).

I'm not angry about Wednesday, far from it. I'm more sad than anything. One of the very worst things about being so entrenched in the club, and with my past at Wednesdayite etc, is that people constantly talk to me about Wednesday. Not just fans, I have so many good friends who work and have worked at Hillsborough, ex-players Ive met through organising fund raising events, and over the last 2 years you would be absolutely amazed at the stories I've heard from inside the club. I don't really do the ITK thing (other than the Hirst thing - because that really is a massive car crash and being handled extremely badly by the club - and the reputation of one of the greatest players in our history is being tarnished by someone whos been here a blink of an eye and so far hasn't given a fraction to this club that Hirsty has).  But I am ITK about so so much that I won't share because it would literally scare the crap out of all but the most rabid Happy Clapper - and that would damage the club, and Ive never ever wanted to do that.

So many good good people have left our club recently, people who also have Wednesday running through their blood, strong family connections, people who have worked there for years and often being paid a pittance of what they can earn elsewhere just because they love the club so much. The medical staff, including Paul Smith - laid off because they were presumably blamed by the manager for last seasons inept finish. Senior people within the Academy have walked. Numerous people in key departments again have walked. Accounts. Commercial.  Catering.

I've spent the last 18 months in a hectic social whirl of leaving do's for these people, all of them didn't really want to leave but felt they could no longer work at the club/job they love.  At every single do I would find myself chatting to others who also want to leave.

Theres a single common reason why all of these people want to leave. A single common person.

And its not Carlos.

Just a few days ago the Chairman was attacking a fan at the steering group for expressing opinions on Twitter - and also claiming that negative fans are affecting team performances. Thats his opinion, and hes entitled to express it. But by the same token he should allow the thousands of passionate Wednesday fans to express their own opinions too - that is what football is all about. As long as those opinions arent offensive (and I would never approve of the idiot minority who he alleges verbally attack him or his family), and as long as the opinions aren't defamatory - then they are just that - opinions. Isn't that what football is about? Isn't that why we have Owlstalk with 30k members?

I got sued by a previous Chairman who claimed, quite incorrectly, that my views were defamatory. They weren't, and nether were they offensive. I went through some proper crap defending myself from that - but I never lost my love for the club. Well, I'm sad to say, this Chairman has kicked every bit of love for this club out of me now. Because, as he said at the steering group when he was wrapping up - its HIS club now. Ive always argued it will never be his club because without the fans the club is nothing. Well, for me at least, it is HIS club now, as this fan is finished.

I sincerely hope I'm incredibly wrong. I would love nothing more.

Enjoy your football.

A sad, but fantastic post. 

6 hours ago, scram said:

I agree

And therein lies the big problem

Fans don't give a flying one about a lot of thjngs at the club as long as the results are good

I don't think i've ever been moire saddened by the Wednesday fans than in this recent DC period - where some fans have actually celebrated that other Wednesdayites had been priced out of going - some met the news with huge indifference while others defended the policy to the hilt - the "i'm alright Jackers" were having a field day...

The fact our identity has been consigned to the dustbin of vanity - our stripes gone, our iconic and instantly recognised badge gone

The absolute shambles of the corporate department

The fact that Sheffield Wednesday around the ground is disappearing whilst CHANSIRI springs up everywhere

Sheffield Chansiri - Chansiri Hillsborough

Yep, all the above is readily acceptable as long as we are winning games

Not to mention the hideous, shameful and downright embarrassing attempt at celebrating 150 years of existence of this great old club and beloved institution of the bedrock that makes up English football

Well, you want to be treated like customers so don't f*cking bleat when you get treated like customers

Pay your money, shut up and if you don't like it f*ck off

Yeah, you'll rail against results and the managers position - but what it means to be Sheffield Wednesday seems to not matter and be worthy of anything other than condemnation of those that do find it dispiriting and unacceptable to destroy what we have - and are known to be - and how we are easily identifiable and recognised as it's our branding

So so sad

You deal with the devil - the devil takes your soul

This is absolutely spot on.

The positive is that the Wednesday identity / spirit / soul has been going since the early 1800s by all accounts. As I said in a previous post, I would support an AFC Wednesday - a small fans club in the mould of AFC Liverpool, as an antidote to the way modern football has gone...

13 hours ago, Grandad said:

It gives me absolutely zero pleasure to say it - but yes, I'm genuinely done.

I've had some time since the OP to think. I actually drove straight to Newark to watch the team my lad manages in the Central Midlands League, hes now won 4 games on the bounce since taking over as manager (following 10 straight defeats). I stood watching a fantastic end to end game, with a pint in my hand and a pie at half time, the whole thing including entry and programme cost me less than a tenner, and I saw 11 (22 actually) completely committed players giving their all for their teams, no petulance (well, a bit).

I'm not angry about Wednesday, far from it. I'm more sad than anything. One of the very worst things about being so entrenched in the club, and with my past at Wednesdayite etc, is that people constantly talk to me about Wednesday. Not just fans, I have so many good friends who work and have worked at Hillsborough, ex-players Ive met through organising fund raising events, and over the last 2 years you would be absolutely amazed at the stories I've heard from inside the club. I don't really do the ITK thing (other than the Hirst thing - because that really is a massive car crash and being handled extremely badly by the club - and the reputation of one of the greatest players in our history is being tarnished by someone whos been here a blink of an eye and so far hasn't given a fraction to this club that Hirsty has).  But I am ITK about so so much that I won't share because it would literally scare the crap out of all but the most rabid Happy Clapper - and that would damage the club, and Ive never ever wanted to do that.

So many good good people have left our club recently, people who also have Wednesday running through their blood, strong family connections, people who have worked there for years and often being paid a pittance of what they can earn elsewhere just because they love the club so much. The medical staff, including Paul Smith - laid off because they were presumably blamed by the manager for last seasons inept finish. Senior people within the Academy have walked. Numerous people in key departments again have walked. Accounts. Commercial.  Catering.

I've spent the last 18 months in a hectic social whirl of leaving do's for these people, all of them didn't really want to leave but felt they could no longer work at the club/job they love.  At every single do I would find myself chatting to others who also want to leave.

Theres a single common reason why all of these people want to leave. A single common person.

And its not Carlos.

Just a few days ago the Chairman was attacking a fan at the steering group for expressing opinions on Twitter - and also claiming that negative fans are affecting team performances. Thats his opinion, and hes entitled to express it. But by the same token he should allow the thousands of passionate Wednesday fans to express their own opinions too - that is what football is all about. As long as those opinions arent offensive (and I would never approve of the idiot minority who he alleges verbally attack him or his family), and as long as the opinions aren't defamatory - then they are just that - opinions. Isn't that what football is about? Isn't that why we have Owlstalk with 30k members?

I got sued by a previous Chairman who claimed, quite incorrectly, that my views were defamatory. They weren't, and nether were they offensive. I went through some proper crap defending myself from that - but I never lost my love for the club. Well, I'm sad to say, this Chairman has kicked every bit of love for this club out of me now. Because, as he said at the steering group when he was wrapping up - its HIS club now. Ive always argued it will never be his club because without the fans the club is nothing. Well, for me at least, it is HIS club now, as this fan is finished.

I sincerely hope I'm incredibly wrong. I would love nothing more.

Enjoy your football.

I dont know you personally but Ive always had a lot of quiet respect for you mate. It sad but sobering to read this.

7 hours ago, scram said:

I agree

And therein lies the big problem

Fans don't give a flying one about a lot of thjngs at the club as long as the results are good

I don't think i've ever been moire saddened by the Wednesday fans than in this recent DC period - where some fans have actually celebrated that other Wednesdayites had been priced out of going - some met the news with huge indifference while others defended the policy to the hilt - the "i'm alright Jackers" were having a field day...

The fact our identity has been consigned to the dustbin of vanity - our stripes gone, our iconic and instantly recognised badge gone

The absolute shambles of the corporate department

The fact that Sheffield Wednesday around the ground is disappearing whilst CHANSIRI springs up everywhere

Sheffield Chansiri - Chansiri Hillsborough

Yep, all the above is readily acceptable as long as we are winning games

Not to mention the hideous, shameful and downright embarrassing attempt at celebrating 150 years of existence of this great old club and beloved institution of the bedrock that makes up English football

Well, you want to be treated like customers so don't f*cking bleat when you get treated like customers

Pay your money, shut up and if you don't like it f*ck off

Yeah, you'll rail against results and the managers position - but what it means to be Sheffield Wednesday seems to not matter and be worthy of anything other than condemnation of those that do find it dispiriting and unacceptable to destroy what we have - and are known to be - and how we are easily identifiable and recognised as it's our branding

So so sad

You deal with the devil - the devil takes your soul

Fantastic post. 

There is so much more to the Sheffield Wednesday Football Club than our current league position.  

I'd like to see us on MOTD, as much as the next Owl, but not at any price.

• Like 1

Tis interesting Mr Chansiri might legally own the Club, he might have that piece of paper from the EFL, he might own the stadium. The one thing he will never own is the soul.  That is ours the fans. That is what WAWAW actually means.