:-(

Guest Deleted member

That's me done too until something changes. I could, and have accepted poor performances as we all have at different times, but it's all so frustrating. When we had no money I accepted we were poor but this team and Carlos' tactics bore me to death. I could tell you what was going to happen today it's become all too predictable. I don't like what Chansiri is doing either. I will always be an owl of course but I've got better things to do than watch players on tens of thousands of pounds per week not be able to cross a ball, take a throw in or shoot. It doesn't feel like the Sheffield Wednesday I have supported for the last 37 years. I have a season ticket but won't attend until something changes.

22 minutes ago, vulva said:

I'm convinced the rot set in last August with the FF Norwich no show. We should have flogged him for as much as possible and moved on. The team spirit and togetherness of the club and fanbase has never been the same since. 

100% spot on nailed it. Whatever happened leading up to this and the event itself was the beginning. Team and togetherness wise.

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Yes that would have been a good idea cause we've seen how good we are without FF!!

Following that issue, we started waving fat contracts around to the likes of Westwood, Lee, Lees, Hutchinson etc. This was in the months after the FF toys/pram situation. 

Any coincidence?

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Following that issue, we started waving fat contracts around to the likes of Westwood, Lee, Lees, Hutchinson etc. This was in the months after the FF toys/pram situation. 

Any coincidence?

Any coincidence that following that issue we finished 4th in th championship

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

Any coincidence that following that issue we finished 4th in th championship

Perhaps long-term it's had a negative impact, one we are starting to feel now. 

There's a lot of players at Sheffield Wednesday on very lucrative contracts (not just salary wise, but years on their deals). 

Based on what I've seen so far this season only Gary Hooper is in anyway shape or form justifying the money being paid to him. 

Edited by SiJ

So sad reading the posts in this thread. Often Owlstalk is one big wind up, expertly stirred by Neil. These posts are serious and worrying. 

We have fallen so far and quickly from the highs of playoffs and expectations of the promised land.

Very sad.

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

Since officials of Wednesday read the site then listen. Our team has now flatlined under his and st holders are now not going. Wake up 

Wrong.....season ticket holders in their massive majority are going.....a few have said they aren't and of those nearly all are giving different reasons for not doing so, nearly all of which could be the reason at any club

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Perhaps long-term it's had a negative impact, one we are starting to feel now. 

There's a lot of players at Sheffield Wednesday on very lucrative contracts (not just salary wise, but years on their deals). 

Based on what I've seen so far this season only Gary Hooper is in anyway shape or form justifying the money being paid to him. 

Long term???

FF did his Norwich thing in Nov, we finished 4th in May.

Wake up & smell the coffee; we're mid table without FF. Many Owlstalk numpties couldn't see this.

It pretty feckin obvious now!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Honestly? I think this is coming, and faster than we think.

I think he may try to recoup as much cash as possible in January, selling off available assets on the playing side.

I can see him hiding behind his 'honour' being harmed by the 'abuse' he has received and leaving the club in the hands of someone else, with the aim of running at a profit- which is probably only possible on budgets akin to the Milan years, but with Chansiri prices.

Agreed. I posted a few weeks ago that when it becomes clear that we aren't getting promoted any time soon, DC will seek to recoup his losses by selling our best players and then look to sell us on to any takers quicker tan many would believe. 

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

Agreed. I posted a few weeks ago that when it becomes clear that we aren't getting promoted any time soon, DC will seek to recoup his losses by selling our best players and then look to sell us on to any takers quicker tan many would believe. 

The big question will be to what level he is prepared to cut his losses.

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

The big question will be to what level he is prepared to cut his losses.

Tbf you've turned your own speculation into fact and are now posting on that basis. 

I'm not sure any of us much clue what the future holds...which in some ways is more disconcerting. 

Edited by SiJ

6 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Long term???

Wake up & smell the coffee; we're mid table without FF. Many Owlstalk numpties couldn't see this.

It was in august and it's the ripple effect since.

7 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Long term???

I was talking about the offering of new, lucrative contracts to many members of the squad, not just Forestieri. 

Chill the f00k out, you absolute mentalist. 

Edited by SiJ

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf you've turned your own speculation into fact and are now posting on that basis. 

I'm not sure any of us much clue what the future holds...which in some ways is more disconcerting. 

I'm still speculating- obviously, but I think it's becoming quite obvious Chansiri isn't the cuddly fella quite a few people thought he was, don't you?

23 minutes ago, delse0567 said:

Coopswfc76 keep clapping and negging anyone who dares to question the club or king Carlos.

looks like your outnumbered mate

it's the only power they have left - the down vote :duntmatter: At least he's visited, anyone seen even a hint of Big Ron's Sovereign or Finlux_Cup on here tonight??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I'm still speculating- obviously, but I think it's becoming quite obvious Chansiri isn't the cuddly fella quite a few people thought he was, don't you?

I can't think of many who thought he was a "cuddly fella". 

My own personal view was we were a bit of a vanity project for a wealthy many, some seem to think he came here to take us up and make loads of money...

If his plan was the latter then I think he may want to rethink his strategy.