Megson Propaganda

6 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

It's beyond me how some people seem to remember the end of Megson's tenure. Someone on here said something like "everyone was calling for his head" I mean seriously wtf!? 

As I remember it the overwhelming majority were seriously pissed that he got the boot. Yes we were on a crap run, and doubts were starting to creep in for some, but Megson didn't get the chance to turn it around. He certainly didn't get the kind of support that CC is getting now. And yet, those who are so keen to give Carlos time to turn it around are the same people who say we were right to get rid of Megson the moment things looked to be on the slide!? For me you either believe in continuity or you don't. (Unless it's a ginger thing garymegson)

I can even accept the argument that MM got it right, after all, Jones came in, we went on a ridiculous run of form and got promoted. 

Yet somehow history (for some anyway) credits David Ronald Jones with that promotion. I mean come on!? The bloke spent the rest of his time here on the golf course and talking about badgers; dragging his miserable mug around press conferences and telling us all how lucky we were to have him. That was Gary Megson's team that went on that promotion run, it just happened that Jones was in the dugout. 

Some of us hold Megson in such high regard because he brought about an environment of discipline, passion and organisation this club hadn't seen for a decade or more. I think people are too quick to forget how low the club was when he was appointed. He may not have given us "total football", but a team playing with pride and belief was certainly something we had long been without.

He was never given the chance to finish the job. 

I'm sure Carlos will be extended greater courtesy. 

excellent post

4 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

He never reallly looked like getting us out of League 1

He hasnt managed a team since he left us

The game had moved on since Meggo left and so should everyone else who keeps calling for his return - it's getting pretty tedious.

Perhaps you forget the Stevenage game - one of the worst ever.

People keep saying the game has moved on blah blah blah...yet mcarthy and warnock keep gettin mentioned has possible replacements..bizzare

Just now, Earlsfieldowl said:

He never reallly looked like getting us out of League 1

He hasnt managed a team since he left us

The game had moved on since Meggo left and so should everyone else who keeps calling for his return - it's getting pretty tedious.

Perhaps you forget the Stevenage game - one of the worst ever.

Never really looked like getting out of league one? We were third. We had just beaten the bottlers who were in second place. I don't recall us being out of the top six all season.

4 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

Never really looked like getting out of league one? We were third. We had just beaten the bottlers who were in second place. I don't recall us being out of the top six all season.

The disgracefull meggo haters love to rewrite history

1 minute ago, Ronseal said:

People keep saying the game has moved on blah blah blah...yet mcarthy and warnock keep gettin mentioned has possible replacements..bizzare

Because they keep delivering

Why has Megson not been rehired since 2012? 

For or the record I don't think he deserved the sack but it was personal between him and MM so always on the cards, but he isn't the right man to get us out of this League. 

4 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

For or the record I don't think he deserved the sack but it was personal between him and MM so always on the cards, but he isn't the right man to get us out of this League. 

Hes currently working in the premier league:picnic:

Just now, York_Owl said:

all he needed was Antonio  and marshall ,and it would have been a far different ballgame ,if he had been allowed the players then maybe no argument with M M  and the win against the pigs would have set us up .but of course that is something we will never know, saying that this team would be up to scratch and taking no prisoners i'm sure of that if nothing else

3 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

3rd and not looking particularly convincing.

Jones gave us the the extra bit of sparkle that Meggo couldn't find and the rest is history.

He didn't deserve the sack but that doesn't mean he is the right man for us now.

2 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

He was busy doing the gardening 

1 minute ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Turned down many many jobs because he doesn't need the money and can afford to be selective. Has said he would come back to us and is currently working at WBA.

15 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

It's beyond me how some people seem to remember the end of Megson's tenure. Someone on here said something like "everyone was calling for his head" I mean seriously wtf!? 

As I remember it the overwhelming majority were seriously pissed that he got the boot. Yes we were on a crap run, and doubts were starting to creep in for some, but Megson didn't get the chance to turn it around. He certainly didn't get the kind of support that CC is getting now. And yet, those who are so keen to give Carlos time to turn it around are the same people who say we were right to get rid of Megson the moment things looked to be on the slide!? For me you either believe in continuity or you don't. (Unless it's a ginger thing garymegson)

I can even accept the argument that MM got it right, after all, Jones came in, we went on a ridiculous run of form and got promoted. 

Yet somehow history (for some anyway) credits David Ronald Jones with that promotion. I mean come on!? The bloke spent the rest of his time here on the golf course and talking about badgers; dragging his miserable mug around press conferences and telling us all how lucky we were to have him. That was Gary Megson's team that went on that promotion run, it just happened that Jones was in the dugout. 

Some of us hold Megson in such high regard because he brought about an environment of discipline, passion and organisation this club hadn't seen for a decade or more. I think people are too quick to forget how low the club was when he was appointed. He may not have given us "total football", but a team playing with pride and belief was certainly something we had long been without.

Post of the day.

Take a bow good sir.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Great post. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

3rd and not looking particularly convincing.

Jones gave us the the extra bit of sparkle that Meggo couldn't find and the rest is history.

He didn't deserve the sack but that doesn't mean he is the right man for us now.

We'd had a little bit of a bad run up until the victory over the pigs; most teams will have one bad spell over the course of the season which also happened to coincide with losing Marshall and also Madine to injury.

Antonio gave us that bit of quality we were lacking. He was simply too good for that division. And it's impossible to say whether that run wouldn't have happened under Megson. The pigs were better than any of the other teams we played in that run in so why not?

As for whether he's the right man now well only time would tell. But based on how he turned us around and the fact that he has two promotions from the championship already I don't see why he could not just repeat with us what he has already done before (with West Brom twice).

spot on A 12  i actually made that game and the atmosphere was unbelievable , everything was magic from start to finish , you could  feel the must win attitudefrom all in the ground from players megson and crowd ,every one of uswas up for it thart day and it is a feeling that will be hard to forget megson was king for a day and all these moaning minnies loved him to bits for that 90 minuits ,

Edited by trevdi9