grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest BULGARIA

6 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

I know we all would Billy, but the primary aim for many is promotion. Be it under Carlos or a new manager. 

If we are in the top 4 and playing well you could live with not being in the cup, I don't think being out of the cup is aiding our form currently.

Alternatively, if we finish 10th and had a decent cup run at least there would have been something to cheer about through the season, we are a country mile from promotion at the minute

6 hours ago, daztheowl said:

I wasn't referring to new injuries Muddy. Hooper, Lee, Hutch are back in the squad, but in my opinion, not fully match fit. So far we've only seen a shade of what they are capable of. Fletch also seems to be carrying some sort of injury. Things will improve though with more match time. 

But this is half the problem I have with him.....injuries happen but we miss key players so much because instead of bringing in quality as competition he's basically built a squad of short fillers such as Fox, Boyd, jones, Butterfield, Nuhiu and Abdi so that he's never under any pressure to leave his favourites out.

basic squad building is bringing in better than you already have.....who was the last player that filled that criteria?

On 10/15/2017 at 15:33, daztheowl said:

3 goals in a league cup game, which let's face it, no-one was really bothered about. They scored 1 goal, and we were unfortunate to concede an own goal. Let's not blow this out of all proportion, we're going up, and under Carlos, get used to it. 

We're only a quarter of the way into this season, and only a few on here can see the team cohesion is beginning to materialise. We were unfortunate, have faith. 

COHESION????????????????????? After that defensive performance?  You have got to be on another planet?  If there's anything that's definitely NOT there, it's cohesion.

On 15 October 2017 at 15:33, daztheowl said:

3 goals in a league cup game, which let's face it, no-one was really bothered about. They scored 1 goal, and we were unfortunate to concede an own goal. Let's not blow this out of all proportion, we're going up, and under Carlos, get used to it. 

We're only a quarter of the way into this season, and only a few on here can see the team cohesion is beginning to materialise. We were unfortunate, have faith. 

Good bait. You'll get a few with that.

On 15 October 2017 at 16:35, daztheowl said:

Personally, and with all due respect to other fans, I'm not prepared to jeopardise this season, so early in, on the whim of wanting a new manager. 

No-one knows these players as much as Carlos and the coaching staff.  A new face ain't gonna change anything, performancewise, through instilling new tactics. Let's just wait for for these injured players to be more fully match fit, and the upturn in our fortunes will ensue. 

The absolute meltdowns after a few defeats, this season and last, ain't helping no-one. 

Honestly. There is help out there. Be strong.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, daztheowl said:

I wasn't referring to new injuries Muddy. Hooper, Lee, Hutch are back in the squad, but in my opinion, not fully match fit. So far we've only seen a shade of what they are capable of. Fletch also seems to be carrying some sort of injury. Things will improve though with more match time. 

Hoopers been fit all of the season. Lee is playing well and looks fit. Hutch came back on Saturday and had a nightmare. What do you base the theory things will get better with match time on? What from the last 14 months makes you think that?

On 15/10/2017 at 16:35, daztheowl said:

Personally, and with all due respect to other fans, I'm not prepared to jeopardise this season, so early in, on the whim of wanting a new manager. 

No-one knows these players as much as Carlos and the coaching staff.  A new face ain't gonna change anything, performancewise, through instilling new tactics. Let's just wait for for these injured players to be more fully match fit, and the upturn in our fortunes will ensue. 

The absolute meltdowns after a few defeats, this season and last, ain't helping no-one. 

Do you know I tend to agree (though the last two defeats are extremely hard to bare even for a Happy Clapper like me).

44 minutes ago, Kevan said:

COHESION????????????????????? After that defensive performance?  You have got to be on another planet?  If there's anything that's definitely NOT there, it's cohesion.

COHESION - now that could be another marketing / sponsorship company name for DC lol

On 10/15/2017 at 08:21, BULGARIA said:

Trotters' winless trot finally comes to end

Bolton Wanderers have found life back in the Championship a bit of a struggle in the first quarter of this season.

A initial transfer embargo hampered Phil Parkinson's ability to compete with some of the division's big spenders, while a lack of goals also left them blunt in attack.

But, when Sammy Ameobi struck inside the first 10 minutes of the visit of Sheffield Wednesday, the former Newcastle United striker ended a 640-minute goal drought and set the Trotters on their way to a first league win of the season.

every newspaper i read its there plastered all over.

Still fuming, ive kicked the cat, slapped the dog and now i am eyeing up the goldfish.

Heaven help the poor Hamster!

2 hours ago, Ian said:

basic squad building is bringing in better than you already have.....who was the last player that filled that criteria?

Couldn't agree more. Pretty much Every signing we make should be with the intention of improving the first xi. It's a struggle to name more than one or two which, given the number of players we have signed and amount of money we have spent since the play off final is a damning indictment of our transfer policy.

1 hour ago, Spookone said:

Do you know I tend to agree (though the last two defeats are extremely hard to bare even for a Happy Clapper like me).

The last two defeats are hard to bare are they....what about the one before that.....losing to United was ok was it......we are in free fall losing 3 of the last 4, 2 of which were against teams that were in division 3 last year and 2 of which probably will be next!

28 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

Couldn't agree more. Pretty much Every signing we make should be with the intention of improving the first xi. It's a struggle to name more than one or two which, given the number of players we have signed and amount of money we have spent since the play off final is a damning indictment of our transfer policy.

But we don't even know if cc is signing the players

1 hour ago, Ian said:

The last two defeats are hard to bare are they....what about the one before that.....losing to United was ok was it......we are in free fall losing 3 of the last 4, 2 of which were against teams that were in division 3 last year and 2 of which probably will be next!

I had/have wiped the game of which you speak from my mind - I suggest you do the same - mulling over such things is not could for your mental health  lol