grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest BULGARIA

Guest BULGARIA

Trotters' winless trot finally comes to end

Bolton Wanderers have found life back in the Championship a bit of a struggle in the first quarter of this season.

A initial transfer embargo hampered Phil Parkinson's ability to compete with some of the division's big spenders, while a lack of goals also left them blunt in attack.

But, when Sammy Ameobi struck inside the first 10 minutes of the visit of Sheffield Wednesday, the former Newcastle United striker ended a 640-minute goal drought and set the Trotters on their way to a first league win of the season.

every newspaper i read its there plastered all over.

Still fuming, ive kicked the cat, slapped the dog and now i am eyeing up the goldfish.

3 minutes ago, BULGARIA said:

Trotters' winless trot finally comes to end

Bolton Wanderers have found life back in the Championship a bit of a struggle in the first quarter of this season.

A initial transfer embargo hampered Phil Parkinson's ability to compete with some of the division's big spenders, while a lack of goals also left them blunt in attack.

But, when Sammy Ameobi struck inside the first 10 minutes of the visit of Sheffield Wednesday, the former Newcastle United striker ended a 640-minute goal drought and set the Trotters on their way to a first league win of the season.

every newspaper i read its there plastered all over.

Still fuming, ive kicked the cat, slapped the dog and now i am eyeing up the goldfish.

Claiming cruelty to animals isn't funny in any capacity. 

3 goals in a league cup game, which let's face it, no-one was really bothered about. They scored 1 goal, and we were unfortunate to concede an own goal. Let's not blow this out of all proportion, we're going up, and under Carlos, get used to it. 

We're only a quarter of the way into this season, and only a few on here can see the team cohesion is beginning to materialise. We were unfortunate, have faith. 

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

3 goals in a league cup game, which let's face it, no-one was really bothered about. They scored 1 goal, and we were unfortunate to concede an own goal. Let's not blow this out of all proportion, we're going up, and under Carlos, get used to it. 

We're only a quarter of the way into this season, and only a few on here can see the team cohesion is beginning to materialise. We were unfortunate, have faith. 

i think we have had faith mate, and I'll clap with the best of them but the Leeds game aside it's pretty poor and something does need freshening up. 

Im being polite about Carlos, I won't join the Name calling etc, I think he has done a good job generally but the time has come in my opinion for fresh eyes and new approach before it is to late in the season to have any faith of top 6. 

59 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

ONLY a quarter of the way in to the season....oh that's ok then....and we look like we're getting better every week don't we

Fact is that we are more than a year in to dross negative performances where we sometimes pull out a result to paper over the cracks, but keep on clapping, I admire your optimism 

2 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

i think we have had faith mate, and I'll clap with the best of them but the Leeds game aside it's pretty poor and something does need freshening up. 

Im being polite about Carlos, I won't join the Name calling etc, I think he has done a good job generally but the time has come in my opinion for fresh eyes and new approach before it is to late in the season to have any faith of top 6. 

Personally, and with all due respect to other fans, I'm not prepared to jeopardise this season, so early in, on the whim of wanting a new manager. 

No-one knows these players as much as Carlos and the coaching staff.  A new face ain't gonna change anything, performancewise, through instilling new tactics. Let's just wait for for these injured players to be more fully match fit, and the upturn in our fortunes will ensue. 

The absolute meltdowns after a few defeats, this season and last, ain't helping no-one. 

1 minute ago, daztheowl said:

Personally, and with all due respect to other fans, I'm not prepared to jeopardise this season, so early in, on the whim of wanting a new manager. 

No-one knows these players as much as Carlos and the coaching staff.  A new face ain't gonna change anything, performancewise, through instilling new tactics. Let's just wait for for these injured players to be more fully match fit, and the upturn in our fortunes will ensue. 

The absolute meltdowns after a few defeats, this season and last, ain't helping no-one. 

More than a quarter of the way through is not "early on"

and if you think that the manager admitting that making very little attempt to score in the first half is ok when time and time again we run out of time in the second then carry on clapping

2 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

Few defeats?  Selective descriptioning. We've lost just as much as we've won.

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

ONLY a quarter of the way in to the season....oh that's ok then....and we look like we're getting better every week don't we

Fact is that we are more than a year in to dross negative performances where we sometimes pull out a result to paper over the cracks, but keep on clapping, I admire your optimism 

It ain't clapping Ian, it's called supporting, I don't see much of it going on at the moment. Get behind your team and the manager, whats going on at the moment is so counter productive. 

1 minute ago, daztheowl said:

It ain't clapping Ian, it's called supporting, I don't see much of it going on at the moment. Get behind your team and the manager, whats going on at the moment is so counter productive. 

Telling the team to make very little attempt to go forward, to have no intensity and making not losing more important than winning is counter productive.

and thanks for tip but I don't need any advice on how to support Wednesday thank you, especially from a delusional person who's happy with mediocrity 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Telling the team to make very little attempt to go forward, to have no intensity and making not losing more important than winning is counter productive.

and thanks for tip but I don't need any advice on how to support Wednesday thank you, especially from a delusional person who's happy with mediocrity 

Quote me delusional come May. lol

23 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

It's not just the whim of wanting a new manager though, is it? The signs were there a lot of last season regardless of our finishing position. As for injuries, ever club has players injured and there aren't many in the league with a better squad to choose from than us. We started the Bolton game with the same starting lineup that beat Leeds didn't we? Nobody new was injured from that game so I don't buy that excuse.

16 hours ago, MuddyFunkster said:

It's not just the whim of wanting a new manager though, is it? The signs were there a lot of last season regardless of our finishing position. As for injuries, ever club has players injured and there aren't many in the league with a better squad to choose from than us. We started the Bolton game with the same starting lineup that beat Leeds didn't we? Nobody new was injured from that game so I don't buy that excuse.

Spot on. It was poor football last season, summed up in the playoffs. ( Rooky keeper, not a save to make). If we had spent no money, had a paper thin squad, then fans would accept it, but given the resources available it's not happening often enough on the pitch. Hate to say it but look what Wilder is achieving with what he's got - I know people will say it's early days and they won't be there at the end of the season - but that's what was said about Udders !

18 hours ago, daztheowl said:

I would have liked a good cup run myself

17 hours ago, MuddyFunkster said:

I wasn't referring to new injuries Muddy. Hooper, Lee, Hutch are back in the squad, but in my opinion, not fully match fit. So far we've only seen a shade of what they are capable of. Fletch also seems to be carrying some sort of injury. Things will improve though with more match time.