Fans falling out today

Guest mrbluesky

4 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

It's the fans fault 

No it's not our fault...I've just always been proud of being a Wednesday fan over the past 20 years and that's mainly because of our supporters and our resilience... Let's face it we've had nothing much on the pitch to be proud of... but today I felt ashamed. Like frastheowl says above we have been incredibly patient... it felt today like it's finally gotten to everyone

Some right pond life there today. Made the mistake of holding out till the lower tier became available and buying them then, wish I’d bought upper. 

Bloke near me spent half the game calling Ameobi a ‘black stinky flaps’, when he could stand up that is.

Carlos out chants started from the upper tier, where as many have already said the ones who have attended the most away games. Eventually got down to the lower where it was a mixed bag with a couple of boos surrounding those chanting 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rob chester said:

What a f##king statement those on the top tier who go home and away so nobody on the bottom tier usually travels. What a prat

He is bang on, and I ended up arguing with a lot of happy clappers these tickets went on general sale, at Derby next week it will be very interesting as they sold out on third day.

28 minutes ago, RiponOwl said:

No it's not our fault...I've just always been proud of being a Wednesday fan over the past 20 years and that's mainly because of our supporters and our resilience... Let's face it we've had nothing much on the pitch to be proud of... but today I felt ashamed. Like frastheowl says above we have been incredibly patient... it felt today like it's finally gotten to everyone

It did, as I have already said my bolton mate said we are usually amazing but unusually quiet today, sad

3 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

Never seen it so bad.

No surprise but people still devided at the match today, most were saying “who then?” Good question but sorry there is something not right and we need to take a leap of faith.

Big Sam for me and I defiantly think it’s doable to get him here.

It's only gonna get worse 

1 hour ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

Sad to say we had a bit of pond scum in the lower tier today. Group of older lads being racist to ameobi early on and either some of our own fans of some of theirs in that corner later on. Then at the end saw some guy (who was with his child) go to town on a seat like it was Neil warnock hanging out his missus. Both on and off the pitch I was embarrassed to be a Wednesday fan today....

Ugh, disappointing.  I have no reservations about calling pond scum out on their racism, Wednesday fans or not.

2 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

Agreed in some ways but I do think Sam and Arry are different animals, yes they both love da money but Sam hasn’t lost touxch with the game like Arry

Beyond Sam I can’t think of someone to step in and shake things up, this team isn’t a million miles away with the right motivation but they are a fragile team at the moment 

You do realise he was on 3 million a year in his last job ? and you think we can attract that sort of manager - wake up mate we're Sheffield Wednesday the championship sleeping giant not Sheffield Wednesday the Premier league club anymore 

Think the defeat against Sheff United is something that is definitely lingering in our fan base and is proving extremely difficult to get over for us all. And rightly so it is. I've never seen such a gutless performance. 

Add on top of that the shower that was served up at Birmingham and now Bolton, along with Carlos using the referee decisions as an excuse, week in week out, to blame these spineless "performances" is frankly embarrassing.

The paper covering these cracks is starting to run out and the cracks are staring to become chasms.

Worst I've felt as a Wednesday fan in a long time and when apathy sets in - something needs to change.

Edited by Shifty Powers

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I go all over Hirsty have for years 

I duck n dive go in the  away end and with opposing home fans when availability dictates 

Please don't start creating a them an us with our own fans  mate its not healthy 

With greatest respect to you ......

Appreciate that pal.  I'm not trying to create that.  I can't articulate it well because I'm so peeved.  

1 minute ago, rob chester said:

So what about those who waited for tickets on the lower tier to sit with family/friends or not got the money to buy straight away . I'm sure I saw loads of people who travel most weeks on the bottom tier or was I seeing things maybe I was. To those who are worried about a couple of coins or seats it's not exactly Utd or Leeds territory is it bad day at the office and heck off  a lot of pi##ed off people.

I waited. Thinking the tickets would be slightly cheaper. 

Wish I hadn’t, as I saw witnessed some right pond life around me. 

2 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I go all over Hirsty have for years 

I duck n dive go in the  away end and with opposing home fans when availability dictates 

Please don't start creating a them an us with our own fans  mate its not healthy 

With greatest respect to you ......

Appreciate that pal.  I'm not trying to create that.  I can't articulate it well because I'm too peeved.  And I'm uber positive and didn't call for CC out.  I go to see commitment (from PLAYERS) of the team we all love.   I'm not sure I've seen it today.  Stuart Gray said getting beat on ability is no shame.  I can't say we got beat on ability getting

1 minute ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Appreciate that pal.  I'm not trying to create that.  I can't articulate it well because I'm so peeved.  

I know mate I understand after reading the posts after that ..

That you didn't mean it to look as it was put.

Totally understand your fustrations though I'm lucky there's no Blunts in my life family,  work  at all but I know most around me at the game  today are dreading monday morning AGAIN ......

Re: pond life

If we take a big following then there’s a higher chance of seeing some pond life. I expect to see a few coked up stone island wearing morons. There’s no helping those people. 

The ones that really disappoint me are the grown men absolutely raging at the team and ripping them to pieces for 96 minutes, like someone just charged me £32 to hear a rabid dog with a swearing addiction. 

32 minutes ago, rob chester said:

So what about those who waited for tickets on the lower tier to sit with family/friends or not got the money to buy straight away . I'm sure I saw loads of people who travel most weeks on the bottom tier or was I seeing things maybe I was. To those who are worried about a couple of coins or seats it's not exactly Utd or Leeds territory is it bad day at the office and heck off  a lot of pi##ed off people.

I get it pal.  I'm not spoiling.  I did same as you, I waited to take sons mates.  I didn't in anyway mean to deman those in lower tier.  It just genuinely took me by surprise that the chants started from above (rather than those in lower who the minority of which may have been those on an odd away who think we're Real Madrid).  I think we're just all so frustrated.  

32 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I know mate I understand after reading the posts after that ..

That you didn't mean it to look as it was put.

Totally understand your fustrations though I'm lucky there's no Blunts in my life family,  work  at all but I know most around me at the game  today are dreading monday morning AGAIN ......

Im not bothered if we win 6 on spin ... I'm more bothered that bodies aren't being put on the line.