Our current form and Gary Hooper

There's a few who are really important to us just now.

Hooper, Reach, Hunt, van Aken, Bannan, Lee.

I think Fletch has done well up top as well, but part of me does want to see Rhodes again, seeing as we've got better wide service as well as Bannan and van Aken's left peg looking for balls thru.

Hooper has totally shattered my preconceptions of him, to be honest.

Before he signed for us, I knew he was a deadly goalscorer, but I thought that was pretty much all his game was about. Little did I know how brilliant he was at dropping off the front, linking up play, and generally making our entire attacking game rotate around him. He's such a clever footballer, he must be absolutely brilliant to play alongside.

Oh, and he's still a deadly goalscorer, too.

59c15ac50e1e4_HoopermanReturns.png.026f3f859feb1ff05ec34a9d8f589433.png

43 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

How many times Lee and Hooper played together this year can't be Many.

This year they have started only five times.

Ipswich 1-0

Derby 2-1

Forest 3-1

Brentford 2-1

Cardiff 1-1

Very impressive players.

Im just saying, Hooper hasn't always been first-choice for Carlos. Preston being an obvious example.

Just now, oldishowl said:

No there were not

Hooper was not fit for many games last season.

No. If you look back to the early months of last season before he got injured, Carlos had him on the bench for 6 of the 17 matches. Then again first match this season. 

So what we are saying is that two key players were only fit for a small part of the season (because apart from the odd away game Hooper started if fit) yet somehow our manager got us to 4th

How many more points would we have got if both had played 40 games?

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

No. If you look back to the early months of last season before he got injured, Carlos had him on the bench for 6 of the 17 matches. Then again first match this season. 

He was injured in pre season last season and didn't really have one . Carlos eased him back in . If any player needed easing in it was Hooper as his two subsequent hamstring strains showed.

Just because he is on the bench doesn't mean he is 100% fit

Carlos says Hooper is one of his key players, why would he leave him out if he is 100% fit other than occasional rotation to try and protect his hamstring