The transformation to total football

MOwl

I was enjoying the joke

Until i realised the OP was serious...

I'm a big fan of Hooper - but mentioning him akin to Cruyff at either Ajax or Holland is ridiculous - and i'm not talking about their relative ability as footballers because that really would be insane

I'm talking about the roles they play/ed for their respective clubs

The philosophy and style of Michels was way, way more sophisticated than playing players out of position - it was the ability of his players to play all positions and be adept

Hence the term total football

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, scram said:

I was enjoying the joke

Until i realised the OP was serious...

I'm a big fan of Hooper - but mentioning him akin to Cruyff at either Ajax or Holland is ridiculous - and i'm not talking about their relative ability as footballers because that really would be insane

I'm talking about the roles they play/ed for their respective clubs

The philosophy and style of Michels was way, way more sophisticated than playing players out of position - it was the ability of his players to play all positions and be adept

Hence the term total football

Would it help the cause if Hooper got on 40 Woodbine a day ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

The volley or the mazy run and chip. Which was better.

I can't pick, I really can't, I mean the run and chip was brilliant, but he wasn't really challenged by any defenders, they just backed off, but the finish was exquisite, but the volley, the technique was magnificent. I don't know, i'll pick both :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

I can't pick, I really can't, I mean the run and chip was brilliant, but he wasn't really challenged by any defenders, they just backed off, but the finish was exquisite, but the volley, the technique was magnificent. I don't know, i'll pick both :ph34r:

Didn't the volley reach like 90 mph.