Derby ticket raffle

So I've found myself with 2 spare season ticket seats on the north stand for the upcoming derby game.  I want to see them go to a fellow Owl but I figure it's a decent chance to raise some money for charity. 

Here's my thinking:

People make a £10 donation to charity (I'll set up a just giving page) then I'll draw a winner at random who gets the tickets.

would people be interested?

Seats are bang on half way, row 26 so about as good as it gets.

Just not bothered...

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Could be well illegal

Raffles need a licence to happen

There's a massive controversy about Facebook raffles at the moment with people getting proper conned

Haha, OK well if I post a pic of my season ticket then people will be able to come duff me up if I scam them won't they?

And Just giving is legit!

Just not bothered...

3 minutes ago, tuttuttut said:

What about doing a just giving page and the person who donates the most gets the ticket? 

Thats not classed as a raffle is it? 

I don't want it to be a d*ck measuring contest though.  Just wanted to give everyone the chance at them.  £10 isn't too much to ask for £100 worth of tickets I didn't think.

• Like 1

Just not bothered...

Small Lotteries/Raffles/Tombolas

• This type of lottery can be held at an event so long as it's not the main attraction or focus of the event. For example, you could have a small lottery at a charity dinner, dance, fete or sports day.

• You can't sell the tickets in advance, they must be sold on the day of the event and the winner must be announced before the end.

• Cash Prizes aren't allowed

• Alcohol can only be used as a prize if everyone entering the lottery/raffle/tombola is 18 years of age or over.

• The rules also state that the maximum you can spend on prizes is £250, however this figure doesn't include donated gifts

• There are no restrictions on how many tickets you can sell and at what price so long as you sell them at the event only.

• The money you make from your lottery/raffle/tombola cannot be used for personal gain, it should be used to cover overheads of running the event and for sponsorship of your chosen charity.

Private Lotteries/Raffles/Tombolas

• This type of lottery must be limited to members of a group, or those who live or work in the same premises. For example, an office lottery.

• The price of the tickets must remain the same for everyone entering but there is no restriction on the price you can charge for each ticket.

• You can't advertise outside the place of sale such as the social club or office premises

• Unlike small lotteries, prizes for private lotteries can include cash.

• The money raised from the lottery must go on prizes or fundraising, you can also deduct money to cover printing costs for tickets.

If you are planning a fundraiser and want to sell tickets in advance then you will need to contact your local authority. If you are granted a license you will be able to promote and sell tickets prior to the event taking place, there are however, certain restrictions in place.

• The lottery/raffle/tombola can't be run for private gain it must be for a charitable cause.

• The total value of tickets must be less than £20,000. If it totals more than £20,000 than you will need to register your fundraising event with the Gaming board.

• Each lottery/raffle/tombola ticket must cost no more than £1.00

• Tickets can only be sold to people 16 years old and over and must not be sold in the street or in any kind of gambling establishment.

Despite the rules and regulations organising a lottery, raffle or tombola is extremely easy and can be very beneficial in helping you to raise funds for your chosen charity. They're easy to set up and get people to buy into and can work with little investment, especially if you get people to donate prizes.

Owlstalk Shop

Great idea pal and applaud you for not just selling to the highest bidder. 

You could always do the raffle but put in the description "You will 100%, definitely, positively, "not" be winning 2 tickets for the SWFC V SUFC game. You will "not" be sat on the Noth Stand Row 26 band on the half way line". 

Think people would get the idea. 

14 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

So I've found myself with 2 spare season ticket seats on the north stand for the upcoming derby game.  I want to see them go to a fellow Owl but I figure it's a decent chance to raise some money for charity. 

Here's my thinking:

People make a £10 donation to charity (I'll set up a just giving page) then I'll draw a winner at random who gets the tickets.

would people be interested?

Seats are bang on half way, row 26 so about as good as it gets.

I'd be More than happy to do this- any thoughts on the time frame though to give those unsuccessful time to sort a possible alternative??

Emily 

Hey Matti,

As you can read in the united tickets topic we still need tickets for the game.

We're willing to pay a little extra for your charity and buy you a pint before the game. 

Andy can get his hands on at least one ticket, maybe two if he can find a friend.

If you have anymore questions you can email me on evert.bos at gmail.com or message/whatsapp me on +3165o615132

Thanks alot!

Imagine if a blunt ends up wi em, than you've un-workable it.

Cant see why Wednesday wouldn't save the £10 and put t purchase of their own tickets which they ain't relying on pot luck for. 

You could still seek separate donations for your chosen charity 

3 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Imagine if a blunt ends up wi em, than you've un-workable it.

Cant see why Wednesday wouldn't save the £10 and put t purchase of their own tickets which they ain't relying on pot luck for. 

You could still seek separate donations for your chosen charity 

Maybe because the idea is that people who have no chance of getting a ticket can win them?

Just not bothered...

8 hours ago, SheffGirl101 said:

I'd be More than happy to do this- any thoughts on the time frame though to give those unsuccessful time to sort a possible alternative??

Emily 

Shall we say we'll close it and do the draw next Sunday?  Then I've got chance to post them out. 

Just not bothered...