Owls 3 Forest 1 LONG HIGHLIGHTS

25 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Most enjoyable match since Norwich 5-1. Very good debut by Van Aken though he needs to learn from missed tackle that led to goal.  

Think even if he had stayed on his feet Osbourne was going to score there. Perfect by him tbf very good goal, as the commentators said 'clinical'. Fine margin with the attempted tackle. 

Edited by don'tCallMeOwlCallYo

Guest mrbluesky

Good stuff , we are crying out for a left back,Reach is not a left back he is a winger,feel for lad  because put him in his natural position and you`ll see a different player .

15 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Good stuff , we are crying out for a left back,Reach is not a left back he is a winger,feel for lad  because put him in his natural position and you`ll see a different player .

No you won't. He'll still be a crap winger. 

This position is suiting him fine. He's finding some form there. Why would you want to move him after he does so well for a few weeks. 

Just now, ramone said:

This position is suiting him fine. He's finding some form there. Why would you want to move him after he does so well for a few weeks. 

I agree. His best performances for us have been at left back and he was decent there yesterday best thing for him and us would be to give him a run in that position with Fox as his competition.

Guest mrbluesky
Just now, ramone said:

Suiting him well ?he`s like a fish out of water,ever thought that he`s "a crap winger" because of how he`s been played? against tougher opposition he has and will struggle,but yeah he`s a "crap winger" lol:rolleyes:

Just now, s6 owl said:

I agree. His best performances for us have been at left back and he was decent there yesterday best thing for him and us would be to give him a run in that position with Fox as his competition.

Thats been his main issue all along. 1 week at full back, 1 weeks as a winger. He's never found himself a home in the team. Now he has, he's doing well. And I've been his biggest critic since he signed. Really pleased for the lad

1 minute ago, mrbluesky said:

Suiting him well ?he`s like a fish out of water,ever thought that he`s "a crap winger" because of how he`s been played? against tougher opposition he has and will struggle,but yeah he`s a "crap winger" lol:rolleyes:

He is a crap winger. We've all seen it with our own eyes. This is first time since he's arrived that he's playing well on a consistent basis. In an ideal world, yeah we'd have a better left back. But that would poor Adam not getting a game. 

At the moment, he's doing well at left back. I agree, sometimes he looks uncomfortable but you can't deny that he's one of our most consistent performers this season

5 minutes ago, ramone said:

Thats been his main issue all along. 1 week at full back, 1 weeks as a winger. He's never found himself a home in the team. Now he has, he's doing well. And I've been his biggest critic since he signed. Really pleased for the lad

Same as me I've often criticised him but just like any other person I've criticised at Wednesday I really hope he proves me wrong and shows me what a good player he can be.

55 minutes ago, don'tCallMeOwlCallYo said:

Think even if he had stayed on his feet Osbourne was going to score there. Perfect by him tbf very good goal, as the commentators said 'clinical'. Fine margin with the attempted tackle. 

Funny to think what the reaction might've been if he'd connected the tackle and Osborn had gone down. 70% likelihood of a penalty, you'd assume. Regalrdless of whether or not it was converted, can't help wondering whether he'd have got more pelters for it than for what actually happened. Fine margins indeed! WTF:

For me Reach would make a very good wingback if we ever went to a three at the back system. 

He has started the season well though. Carlos needs to keep him playing in one position though. His flexibility is a useful asset but for his long term development I'd like to see nail down one position. 

Will be left back against Brentford and then left wing against Cardiff with Pudil back at left back.

For some reason Carlos won't do his diamond thing in the away matches.

Only glimmer of hope we have is he has to fit Lee into midfield as I am convinced he won't go Bannan and Lee in the centre for an away game and drop Jones.