Deadline day mini doc.

1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Clubs and players ....Agents are not compulsory. PFA will do the job free Gratis ! The goal posts stay in one place.

I wish they did. For my Under 11s we have to carry ours out of an old container, taking care not to trip over cones and corner-flags, dodge the 3foot high nettles, then secure them, then put the stanchions back in place cos they are a bit past it. All this while the kids take great delight in trying to shoot into the half-finished nets.....good job the money's good.

A good watch and there is a blog too. It was heartwarming to see them miss out on the better ones lol

On a more serious note, it's clear that agents are ruining things. Jerome Sinclair's agent is or was the guy that advises Sterling so it is not surprising that he tried to force United to take both players. These agents are conflicted professionally, that would be like a lawyer or other professional adviser refusing to deal for a client with a third party unless there was something sweet in it for an unrelated party they were working for it just wouldn't happen and the main client would be rightly fuming. 

It also makes you wonder why these footballers just agree to what their agent tells them. Do they really rely on someone to do everything for them and need to be told what to do at all times?

Edited by Bluesteel

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Absolutely mental. It's like a pimp/prostitute relationship. I would imagine what happened at United is quite tame by comparison with some other clubs. If United have agreed the deal with Watford and West Ham, why on earth would the agent deserve a cut. Surely the only deal is on how much of their wages each club pays, and how much the loan fee is. 

It's about time FIFA sorted out this agent thing once and for all. Disgraceful. 

Yep, it was the devante cole one too. Originally he was free (which seemed poor business from Fleetwood) but then was 500k. The clubs agreed 200k.

Then the agent said it was 1.2m. How does he have the authority to dictate to fleetwood on what the price is? Or have I misunderstood and did Fleetwood try and put the price up after a chat with the agent.

51 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

What I found particularly eye-opening in that was the bit where Wilder personally spends five minutes explaining to Sinclair who Sheff Utd are, where they've come from, how they play etc.

Potential jokes aside, it seemed mental to me that Sinclair wouldn't already have a working knowledge of that stuff, *especially* as an alleged club of interest for him. Seems absolutely shocking to me that he was getting the absolute basics over the phone immediately prior to a potential permanent move.

Not expecting every player to have an encyclopaedic knowledge of every EFL/Prem team, but you'd think at least the 40-odd in the positions immediately surrounding their current club would be pretty damned familiar.

Left me a bit cold to think that players would willingly transfer to a team they knew nothing of bar the kit colour. Probably naive to have assumed otherwise, but in almost any other industry it'd be unusual to switch employers without doing a LOT of research on the new lot first.

What a grotesque game football is everywhere except on the pitch.

Then when they sign

"so what attracted you to the club?"

"Err Yeah obviously it's a great club, a really big club. As soon as I heard the interest I just wanted to get it done and I wouldn't have moved anywhere else (ad nauseam)"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Yep, it was the devante cole one too. Originally he was free (which seemed poor business from Fleetwood) but then was 500k. The clubs agreed 200k.

Then the agent said it was 1.2m. How does he have the authority to dictate to fleetwood on what the price is? Or have I misunderstood and did Fleetwood try and put the price up after a chat with the agent.

This all goes back to the old thing about there being no such thing as a free. 

Agent: My player would have cost you £4m to buy.  But his contracts run out.  So theres no transfer fee to pay!! Great news eh!!?

He wants £50k a week. A £2m signing on fee. And I need  £1.5m as a fixers fee. Not free as such but we've saved you £500k" 

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

This all goes back to the old thing about there being no such thing as a free. 

Agent: My player would have cost you £4m to buy.  But his contracts run out.  So theres no transfer fee to pay!! Great news eh!!?

He wants £50k a week. A £2m signing on fee. And I need  £1.5m as a fixers fee. Not free as such but we've saved you £500k" 

1.2m for Cole though lol

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Also, if Sinclair is actually in Sheffield. Why not go and meet him, have a chat with him face to face and convince him to come in spite of his agent? Surely clubs can fight back when the gloves come off?

Under the power of the pimp.

Mind . As others have said. If the agents fees were actually paid by the players and a not the clubs....I think more would think about why they have them.

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

1.2m for Cole though lol

:laugh: True. 

Desperation though isn't it. 

If , even at this stage you're sat bottom  of the table , with an injury crisis and are desperate to get people in. Who knows.  Some clearly must crumble and give in.

Fair play to Wilder really. 

Alternative non FB link here - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2730953-inside-transfer-deadline-day-access-all-areas-at-sheffield-united

Read the blog piece which was interesting.............which included talk of having to sell Hanson for 200k before they could fund other moves.....where's the sell on money gone Mester McCabe 

I can't understand how by now no footballer has taken the issue of the transfer window to court because it basically amounts to restraint of trade. In what other industry are you only able to move employers within allotted time frames and not outside. We should go back to the system before of being able to transfer anytime during the season upto iirc the last Thursday in march.

17 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

A simple regulation change could solve that then

But who regulates? FIFA? One of the most corrupt governing bodies on the planet? The FA weak as pisswater and terrified of upsetting the Premierleague. 

The game has gone completely mad. 

In fact it's ceased to be a game hasn't it.  

It's become a host body for the leaches 

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

But who regulates? FIFA? One of the most corrupt governing bodies on the planet? The FA weak as pisswater and terrified of upsetting the Premierleague. 

The game has gone completely mad. 

In fact it's ceased to be a game hasn't it.  

It's become a host body for the leaches 

I love the game but absolutely despise the industry it has become. Danny drinkwater, £36 m FFS!!!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, frastheowl said:

The obvious scapegoat is the agents, and they absolutely are a huge contributor to the whole shambles. But in the instance of Jerome Sinclair, IF he wanted to join United so badly (like Wilder seemed to imply), why didn't he just tell his agent to stick it? Tell him to shove his enhanced agent fee somewhere dark, and do, what he thought was good for his career? In the end, Jerome Sinclair now sits on his backside for 4 months, potentially damaging his career, all because his agent wanted 50% more in agency fees?! Come off it...the player HAS to take some responsibility themselves. They are grown adults...not 12 year old kids. 

I wonder how much Sinclair actually knows about what held up the deal. Presumably he only got his agents side of the story which probably sounded quite different. 'The club not willing to pay the required fee anymore' etc. I imagine Sinclair would be quite upset should he see that video. 

More clubs should agree to that sort of video, it might help open some players eyes.