Why Carlos has to go

Guest BULGARIA
23 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

No, but writing a lengthy post on getting rid of the manager whilst the game is ongoing aint on

Fair enough.

I've read loads of threads of this nature on the forum and can agree with many points people make.

But still it comes back to this for me, I've not seen a single suggestion of an alternative manager who is both realistic, available and an obvious improvement.  Surely we can't talk about dumping Carlos until that man has been identified.

2 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

I've read loads of threads of this nature on the forum and can agree with many points people make.

But still it comes back to this for me, I've not seen a single suggestion of an alternative manager who is both realistic, available and an obvious improvement.  Surely we can't talk about dumping Carlos until that man has been identified.

we wont know until it happens, nobody knew anything about CC before he came, everyone went 'who' and 'WTF', now everyone wants his babies.

23 hours ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Dean Smith would be a interesting successor to Carlos, especially if he can somehow bring Dean, Woods and Jota with him :ph34r:

Said this several months ago about Smith when Brentford were still scoring two goals a game even after they had sold Scott Hogan to Villa. Dean has had to work with tight budgets at Walsall and Brentford and has done well. Recruitment and man-management skills probably better than CC's. Ex-Owl to boot.

7 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Said this several months ago about Smith when Brentford were still scoring two goals a game even after they had sold Scott Hogan to Villa. Dean has had to work with tight budgets at Walsall and Brentford and has done well. Recruitment and man-management skills probably better than CC's. Ex-Owl to boot.

Did you ever see him play?  I think he's a very promising manager and a good option if CC goes, but my 'eck I don't think his miserable period as a Wednesday player stands him in better stead to be our manager.  It'd be more like when Colin West became assistant manager.

Speaking of terrible former Wednesday centre halves, have you seen Ashley Westwood has had quite the promising coaching career, winning the title in India with a team of rank outsiders? 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

I thought Carlos used to play as a centre back? Then, why can't he spot one or sign one? :columbo:At this rate, Carlos and Bullen, will have to get their boots back on WTF:lol

Maybe he has, but the club have failed to agree terms with someone? *cough Djourou cough*

What is it with people thinking that Football Manager/FIFA is how it works in real life?

42 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Dunno, if we would be able to get him but he's one of the better or interesting suggestions. People might say, why didn't Brentford do better than us or make the top 6? But he's had to work with a lower budget, had to wheel and deal, they keep losing their best players just like his previous club Walsall and yet they still play good stuff, still end up around the top half, and they keep spotting and churning out talented players. I think he would be a good fit and one of the smarter replacements we could make, unless we get a big name or find a quality up and coming young coach on the rise from somewhere?

Correct me if I'm wrong .... but hasn't Forestieri enjoyed the most productive spell of his whole career under Carlos' stewardship? 

I know this doesn't fit with the 'Carlos is hell bent on destroying Fernando" rhetoric that's filling the site at the moment but it remains a fact.

Sorry but I’m shamelessly ressurecting this post from 4 months ago. Writing was on the wall then. 

The only thing that’s changed since I wrote the OP is when I said “I like Carlos a lot...” because unfortunately I’ve lost a lot of respect for him in the meantime due to his stubbornness, blame-shifting and general ineptitude.

All I want for Christmas, as they say, is Carlos Out!