You mad??

1 minute ago, bigthinrob said:

It's not a shame for him mate, we have a track record of destroying up & coming talent.

Also would you want to expose any of the youngsters to the current febrile atmosphere.

One misplaced pass and the dissent would kick in and any confidence would evaporate.

Let's wait till the new Messiah arrives and all will be Milk & honey, everyone will be hugging, tickets will be £10,00 a game, topless waitresses will deliver half time drinks and we won't drop a point all season whilst playing fast, incisive football that the masses will adore.

Introduce Hirsty and his mates into the fray then and everything will be just fine and dandy.

I don't think he's good enough for the first team now, no way would I introduce him when we have 6 strikers already better than him. Just commenting that had we been back in a time when we had no money he'd have got game time which would've been good for him ready or not.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I don't think he's good enough for the first team now, no way would I introduce him when we have 6 strikers already better than him. Just commenting that had we been back in a time when we had no money he'd have got game time which would've been good for him ready or not.

Yeah i know mate.

I'm just a bit f****d off with the whole shooting match at the moment and a bit prickly.

Wasn't having a pop.

2 hours ago, keefdave said:

Never mind Hirst, Matt Penney is the best left back on the books.

I'm of the same opinion about Matt Penney.

I understand that Carlos live and dies depending on results he gets, but simply can't understand why Penney wasn't given chance in pre-season to prove if he can compete with likes of Pudil and Fox ?!

OK so same people think George is ready, others think he's a mile away. I have two thoughts on this. 

1) How do you know weather he's ready without actual game time, some players take to first team football and flourish, others, need to take a step back and go again at a later date, but the fact is until he pulls on a shirt and walks out for the first team we'll never know.

2) we all know Carlos doesn't like the idea of playing youngsters preferring old heads, so until he's at least 24/25 under CC he won't get a sniff here. 

51 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Yeah i know mate.

I'm just a bit f****d off with the whole shooting match at the moment and a bit prickly.

Wasn't having a pop.

Yeah sorry I misunderstood tone of your reply! It is bad the situation and a 18 year old lad in the team right now would not perform well and his development would suffer as a result. I am annoyed at the very situation!

18 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

It's a shame for him, had this been the summer of 2014 he would have likely been our starting striker alongside Stevie May, ready or not..

By the same token, had it been the summer of 2014, we would have sold him to the first bidder, and therefore would never have played for us and netted us about £100k!!

Guest kelliesleftnut
17 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

It's not a shame for him mate, we have a track record of destroying up & coming talent.

Also would you want to expose any of the youngsters to the current febrile atmosphere.

One misplaced pass and the dissent would kick in and any confidence would evaporate.

Let's wait till the new Messiah arrives and all will be Milk & honey, everyone will be hugging, tickets will be £10,00 a game, topless waitresses will deliver half time drinks and we won't drop a point all season whilst playing fast, incisive football that the masses will adore.

Introduce Hirsty and his mates into the fray then and everything will be just fine and dandy.

bigthinrob - you ever heard the term 'like p1ssing in the wind' :manager: