Let's be honest

Some people are just destined to whine.

Mark my words, after we've won promotion the usual suspects will move the goal posts and shift the narrative to say that CC should be sacked because taking three years to attain promotion means he's not good enough for the PL.  I doubt it will take even a week.

Nothing satisfies that bunch:

There was talk about needing experience and quality in midfield.  We got it.  Cue the endless moaning.

There was talk about needing to improve the attack.  We got it.  Nothing but endless moaning.

We needed help on the wings.  We got it.  Still moaning.

And if we went out tomorrow and signed Van Dijk, they would still be moaning that he cost too much and that we desperately needed two CBs.

The best thing about the new season starting is that I believe we'll start stronger than usual and pick up 10 points over 5 (which is automatic promotion territory)...

... Rest assured they'll still be posting and whining, but at least it won't be at the level it is now before a whistle has even been blown in the new season; and in this alternate reality where the quality of the sausage rolls served at a friendly or the color scheme of the kits is indicative of our promotion chances.

Edited by Indoor Owl

39 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

lol

Labelling fans that have the sheer temerity to query something the club does as not fans is only done by complete and utter brain dead weirdos.

Weirdo!

Not overly mad about it to be honest, but some of the reaction to the actual kit and the delivery 'schedule' has been bordering on the hysterical.

Think they'll need to set up a new ward in the Northern General.  "SWFC NEW KIT MENTAL TRAUMA WARD".

Be F******n snided!!

Just now, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Weirdo

4  Nil The fans are on the pitch

The Ref blows the whistle it's all, over complete victory to Holmes, HirstWhoScoredIt maintained the Weirdo attack through out the game but could not break through Holmes powerful defence.

Very one sided but looking forward to the return match when HirstWhoScoredIt will no doubt will have new tactics.

Goodnight 

3 hours ago, Holmes said:

There does seem to be a group of posters who are willing to criticise the club, come what may.

People who pay good hard earned money have the right to criticise if its called for! The lack of blue and white stripes is an issue for a lot of people and that away kit is horrendous. Chansiri isnt above being criricised for things he is doing wrong!

7 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

People who pay good hard earned money have the right to criticise if its called for! The lack of blue and white stripes is an issue for a lot of people and that away kit is horrendous. Chansiri isnt above being criricised for things he is doing wrong!

And yet some people seem to like it.

So is Chansiri wrong as you state?

Or is it all about personal preference & opinion?

PS not personally enamoured by it, prefer stripes but again, that's only my opinion and i'd rather see good players in a shirt i don't like than cr*p players in a shirt i love.

I don't really understand why people get so p*ssed off about kits.

I can't remember these sorts of meltdowns in the 90's and 00's when we had some sh*t kits. 

Some will like them, some won't. I don't particularly like the away kit, but I'm not going to chuck the toys out and overly criticise Chansiri and the club.  The beauty of football kits is they change, they're unique to us, and they form part of our rich history. Not all of them will be amazing, some will be fabulous, and some will be iconic simply because it's what we wore at Wembley when won promotion that year....

Just embrace it for goodness sake. It's not permanent. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy it. It'll change again next season, and perhaps that will be to the taste of those that hate this one. 

Edited by bigdan2003

1 hour ago, Indoor Owl said:

Some people are just destined to whine.

Mark my words, after we've won promotion the usual suspects will move the goal posts and shift the narrative to say that CC should be sacked because taking three years to attain promotion means he's not good enough for the PL.  I doubt it will take even a week.

Nothing satisfies that bunch:

There was talk about needing experience and quality in midfield.  We got it.  Cue the endless moaning.

There was talk about needing to improve the attack.  We got it.  Nothing but endless moaning.

We needed help on the wings.  We got it.  Still moaning.

And if we went out tomorrow and signed Van Dijk, they would still be moaning that he cost too much and that we desperately needed two CBs.

The best thing about the new season starting is that I believe we'll start stronger than usual and pick up 10 points over 5 (which is automatic promotion territory)...

... Rest assured they'll still be posting and whining, but at least it won't be at the level it is now before a whistle has even been blown in the new season; and in this alternate reality where the quality of the sausage rolls served at a friendly or the color scheme of the kits is indicative of our promotion chances.

Great post

I find owlstalk generally draining and depessing nowadays..also cant join any facebook group because i cant stop arguing with the stupid sht on there.

People were saying how sht we were after the 0-0 draw with hudds..and the only person who saw sense was a blades mate...first thing he said was gotta be happy with a draw away from home first leg..

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

12 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

It's wrong in your eyes but not in Chansiri eyes.  Who has the right to choose the strip? 

You or Chansiri?  

Seems to me you're not in a position to choose.

I'm sure if you feel that strongly about it then you will spend your hard earned money else where after all no one forced you to spend the money in the first place. 

I don't mean to sound harsh, ideally, I would prefer stripes but the reality is Chansiri doesn't like stripes but at the moment the guy is not for changing.  

The world hasn't come to an end and tomorrow is another day lets see what it brings.  

Till then let's support the club.

9 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

And yet some people seem to like it.

So is Chansiri wrong as you state?

Or is it all about personal preference & opinion?

PS not personally enamoured by it, prefer stripes but again, that's only my opinion and i'd rather see good players in a shirt i don't like than cr*p players in a shirt i love.

I agree i would prefer stripes, but it isnt the end of the world. My point is that as a fan i have the right to criticise the club or Chansiri if i am unhappy with something he is doing. 

4 hours ago, GHS said:

Besides football shirts are like baseball caps, they have no business worn by anyone over 30.

Why can't people over 30 protect their eyes from the harmful UV rays of the sun with the use of a baseball cap? Do you want them to get cataracts/go blind? So heartless.

2 minutes ago, Holmes said:

It's wrong in your eyes but not in Chansiri eyes.  Who has the right to choose the strip? 

You or Chansiri?  

Seems to me you're not in a position to choose.

I'm sure if you feel that strongly about it then you will spend your hard earned money else where after all no one forced you to spend the money in the first place. 

I don't mean to sound harsh, ideally, I would prefer stripes but the reality is Chansiri doesn't like stripes but at the moment the guy is not for changing.  

The world hasn't come to an end and tomorrow is another day lets see what it brings.  

Till then let's support the club.

I do support the club and have done for forty odd years and always will. It doesnt make me any less of a fan just because i dont agree with some of the things the owner does!

2 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

I do support the club and have done for forty odd years and always will. It doesnt make me any less of a fan just because i dont agree with some of the things the owner does!

I have no doubt that you're a true fan. 

But does all this negativity work in the clubs favour? I would argue not, to me it's counter productive and helps no one. 

Of course, you're free to express your views and you should do as you think.

I'm sure you will have no problems with me challenging your views?

1 minute ago, Holmes said:

I have no doubt that you're a true fan. 

But does all this negativity work in the clubs favour? I would argue not, to me it's counter productive and helps no one. 

Of course, you're free to express your views and you should do as you think.

I'm sure you will have no problems with me challenging your views?

I have no problems at all with that,  but what exactly are you challenging, the fact that i dont think Chansiri is above criticism ( its not 30's Germany) or the fact that i think the new away kit is sh't!?

Just now, chizumgeorge said:

I have no problems at all with that,  but what exactly are you challenging, the fact that i dont think Chansiri is above criticism ( its not 30's Germany) or the fact that i think the new away kit is sh't!?

The constant criticism for every decision made by the club.  Automatically its let's look for the negativity in this decision.  I accept that you to my knowledge aren't criticising everything but how do you think your criticism is working in the clubs favour?

2 minutes ago, Holmes said:

The constant criticism for every decision made by the club.  Automatically its let's look for the negativity in this decision.  I accept that you to my knowledge aren't criticising everything but how do you think your criticism is working in the clubs favour?

I think you'll find i havnt criticised the club at all! I think the away kit is horrible as do most people in polls on here and in the star, so im in the majority there. All i said was that Chansiri isnt above criticism, nobody is...... Are you his mum or his lover?