OFFICIAL SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PRAISE OR GRUMBLE THREAD - 2017-18

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

The fella earlier that was criticising Palmer was talking round un’s. Palmer was having to defend alone down the right in the first half and he put some excellent crosses into the box in the second- the exception being the one that looped up into the box and into the keeper’s grasp, however, even that cross was in the vicinity of the prowling Nuhiu. 

Palmer put a decent ball into the box?When was that?

Just now, Ronnie Starling said:

Even Mick stated the performances have been rubbish for weeks now which stems from the head coach.

still say Mick has now backed himself down a support carlos   cul de sac ( I wish) the only way out is when he goes 

it's admirable but I'm afraid wrong

I hate wanting a manager to lose his job I very rarely do it  but the stuff served up over the last 2 seasons is simply abysmal 4th or not the league was weak  (IMO) he then chucked a golden play off chance away with utter negativity

I don't care if a ref fails to see 3 penalties  If you have to rely on refs against a team out of form like hull and your first shot gets a standing ovation there's a smell of coffee around 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

still say Mick has now backed himself down a support carlos   cul de sac ( I wish) the only way out is when he goes 

I hate wanting a manager to lose his job I very rarely do it  but the stuff served up over the last 2 seasons is simply abysmal 4th or not the league was weak  (IMO) he then chucked a golden play off chance away with utter negativity

I don't care if a ref fails to see 3 penalties  If you have to rely on refs against a team out of form like hull and your first shot gets a standing ovation there's a smell of coffee around 

Tony from Cleethorpes was spot on when he mentioned the ref overruling the linesman. Clueless never mentioned this once. He has had the time and resources to make a bigger challenge for promotion but sadly his legacy will be two failed play offs where the team went out with a whimper and a bloated overweight unfit squad of players that the next coach will have to deal with.

Couldn't imagine things getting any worse but they are week on week. When Carlos amassed this strike force who believed that all but one would struggle to manage a shot on goal and he'd have to rely on big Dave as a game changer. We're poor at the back, slow and negative in the middle and goal shy up front so let's stop kidding ourselves that the playoffs are still on.

On 12/2/2017 at 19:40, steelowl said:

I have not you are clearly not hearing what i say or blindly deciding that your interpretation of what i say is actually what i mean despite me telling you it clearly isn't 

so again and quite clearly 

I DON'T CALL FOR A MANAGER EVER TO BE SACKED FROM HIS JOB

If that's a cul de sac then i live at number 2  

Its perfectly possible to critique Carlos without puerile name calling and without wanting to call for his sacking 

Anyone that chooses to use the Carlos kick a ball  tag ( seen it on here ) Clueless Carlos are in my opinion moronic and not worth debating 

Edited by Lawrie Madden
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I have not you are clearly not hearing what i say or blindly deciding that your interpretation of what i say is actually what i mean despite me telling you it clearly isn't 

so again and quite clearly 

I DON'T CALL FOR A MANAGER EVER TO BE SACKED FROM HIS JOB

If that's a cul de sac then i live at number 2  

Its perfectly possible to critique Carlos without puerile name calling and without wanting to call for his sacking 

Anyone that chooses to use the Carlos kick a ball  tag ( seen it on here ) Clueless Carlos are in my opinion moronic and not worth debating 

disassociate me from name callers  don't believe in it, if you aint the balls to call someone to their face it's pathetic to do it via a keyboard 

you don't need to use capitals either  but to answer - Where have I sad you want him sacked   ?  .... waiting

presume you've done what you accuse me of assuming you think what i've said  SO to spell it out for you I've seen this many times over the years, people stick to a point when it's almost stupid to -you have defended him too long, so that you have backed yourself into a corner and the only way out for you now is when he's sacked, when you can then hold your hands up and say 'nowt to do wi me king's dead long live the next'

keep defending him, do what you like, but I'm not a knee jerk manager sacker myself, but I can smell the coffee this time

for what it's worth I don't think he will be sacked. DC has to do it now or forget it and get someone in who can man manage because with FFP we prob can't buy fresh and at this rate we'll need an extension to the bermuda triangle treatment room

I would love you to come on here or the radio and you will and say see tha were wrong he's got us up. I'll be extremely happy