OFFICIAL SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PRAISE OR GRUMBLE THREAD - 2017-18

Giddings gets worse by the week. I used to quite like him but the recent digs at Wednesday have been beyond a joke. Tonight's dismal agenda driven comment, "if you can't pick a best Wednesday 11 then does that mean the squad isn't good enough?" What does that even mean? There's no correlation between the two. I can't pick a best 11 for Wolves but I'd argue they feel they have a good enough squad. I could probably pick Bolton's but they clearly aren't.

As for the first caller, I thought he made his point well and backed it up with facts which I quite like.

The facts speak for themselves regardless of what Giddings, Buchan or Staton have to say. I hear far worse at the matches from paying supporters condemning the state of the performances which is down to coaching staff and players. If you don't like what you hear then either don't listen or ring up to tell us all how great things are at Hillsborough. The only way that fans and supporters will have positive things to say is when those performances on the pitch improve.

I don't remember many slating the RS presenters when United were struggling in league 1 and we were "on our way" to Wembley. It used to be a sit back and laugh at the blunts evening. Now because they are doing well and we aren't we don't like it. The truth sometimes hurts doesn't it?

The stats man was good but he missed out an important equation when comparing last 3 seasons.

Budget. He should divide this for players' wages and transfer fees by points won.

He'll then find that CC's  first season (mainly Roeder' s frees , plus Fessi etc ) was 50 x better than last year and now.  

We are regressing fast. Mainly due to rancid recruitment.

On 4/12/2017 at 19:37, Lawrie Madden said:

I have not you are clearly not hearing what i say or blindly deciding that your interpretation of what i say is actually what i mean despite me telling you it clearly isn't 

so again and quite clearly 

I DON'T CALL FOR A MANAGER EVER TO BE SACKED FROM HIS JOB

If that's a cul de sac then i live at number 2  

I love Lawrie's / Mick's calls but on this basis Besiktas would still have Carlos and be crap.

Instead , they now face PSG etc in last 8 of Champions League.

Don't let your ego affect your judgement Michael.

That's  the Brian the Blade road.

2 hours ago, fred mciver said:

I love Lawrie's / Mick's calls but on this basis Besiktas would still have Carlos and be crap.

Instead , they now face PSG etc in last 8 of Champions League.

Don't let your ego affect your judgement Michael.

That's  the Brian the Blade road.

You've missed the point 

I haven't and won't call for any manager to be sacked that doesn't mean that i'm not critical of them and i have been of CC 

The football we are seeing at the moment isn't good in any sense and CC takes his share of blame for it 

18 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

You've missed the point 

I haven't and won't call for any manager to be sacked that doesn't mean that i'm not critical of them and i have been of CC 

The football we are seeing at the moment isn't good in any sense and CC takes his share of blame for it 

Lawrie,

Fair enough mate , but why not?

Of course, loyalty 's admirable but footy managers are on massive money , partially because it's so high risk.

On replica shirts, are we really outta stock for Xmas? Crazy if true.

5 hours ago, fred mciver said:

Lawrie,

Fair enough mate , but why not?

Of course, loyalty 's admirable but footy managers are on massive money , partially because it's so high risk.

On replica shirts, are we really outta stock for Xmas? Crazy if true.

Why not is easy

Because i think its pathetic that's why not 

The times when i you hear people on RS after a manager has lost his job saying 

" best news i heard in ages " 

Adults getting euphoric about decent people losing their jobs i find moronic