OFFICIAL SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PRAISE OR GRUMBLE THREAD - 2017-18

1 minute ago, Finlux_Cup said:

How massive do Yorkies get, mines below knee height!

Secret mate, 3 eggs, bit of salt and whisk until frothy then pour in plain flour slowly and whisk again, keep adding flour until it just begins to fall between the prongs on the folk but is still very thick

1 minute ago, pgmetcalf said:

Dunno, getting towards sacking time - Will have nothing to lose soon

The thing is for me it's no slight on Carlos. Fair enough he tried and I believe he does try. But his methods are not working and we need to accept it all and move on. It's like there's some ingrained culture from the top down to ignore the failure and carry on anyway. Definition of madness. 

Instead the manager is being made to suffer and squirm, when really we should have cut him loose. The fans are angry and frustrated. Just change things and make a new plan because this clearly isn't working and we HAVE given it chance. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

The thing is for me it's no slight on Carlos. Fair enough he tried and I believe he does try. But his methods are not working and we need to accept it all and move on. It's like there's some ingrained culture from the top down to ignore the failure and carry on anyway. Definition of madness. 

Instead the manager is being made to suffer and squirm, when really we should have cut him loose. The fans are angry and frustrated. Just change things and make a new plan because this clearly isn't working and we HAVE given it chance. 

Not convinced it's all CC's fault either. The reason we play grab football is that the team is so static, nobody can make space or bother to go on runs etc. We've been woeful at this for years but when Terry Burton was at the club I saw a big improvement in off the ball movement. No wonder Arsenal snapped him up

5 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Not convinced it's all CC's fault either. The reason we play grab football is that the team is so static, nobody can make space or bother to go on runs etc. We've been woeful at this for years but when Terry Burton was at the club I saw a big improvement in off the ball movement. No wonder Arsenal snapped him up

Then whos fault is this except CCs?

37 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Secret mate, 3 eggs, bit of salt and whisk until frothy then pour in plain flour slowly and whisk again, keep adding flour until it just begins to fall between the prongs on the folk but is still very thick

Nowt secret about yorkies 

equal amounts by volume ( i use cup measures ) of Plain Flour, Milk and Eggs pinch of salt and hot fat of some description, Marco Pierre Whites chosen method ------never fails 

I've done all the things that are supposed to make Yorkshire Puds fail bar 1( smoking hot fat / oil )  more flour than milk, more milk than flour i usually bung an extra egg or egg yolk for extra richness never had a fail 

I've rested the mix as recommended by James Martin and they worked 

I've mixed them with an electric whisk and they worked 

I've put them in straight after mixing and they've worked 

I was watching Australian Masterchef  and one of the best chefs in Oz Curtis Stone reckons that hot fat isn't a pre-requisite though i haven't tried that yet 

Edited by Lawrie Madden

3 hours ago, BRADDO said:

X factory files. And he thinks Carlos hasn't a clue. 

Some feckin people

3 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

X Factory File lol 

Love your avatar by the way made me have a lugubrious chuckle 

My comment about Andy's  reverence about Carlos wanting to be the X factor  on FH , i was being sarcastic chaps.

• Haha 1

Carlos backed the recruitment strategy when he signed on again last Summer.

For about £20,000  per week salary at a guess.

Plus, it's his agents that have disturbed Hirsty and bought lots of non-performing new players.

And haven't bought the stopper we need, nor midfield bruiser.

He has to carry most of the can.