OFFICIAL SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PRAISE OR GRUMBLE THREAD - 2017-18

not even gonna start with MIck's support of dreadful football

Rob again perpetuating this rubbish about how bad is was at stevenage Chesterfield  yes of course it was  but Megson had no support from MM ( not necessarily his fault he had no cash to chuck around like DC does)

as soon as he got antonio it changed and he lost the job

at least he knew the game against the other lot was not another game  

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

not even gonna start with MIck's support of dreadful football

Rob again perpetuating this rubbish about how bad is was at stevenage Chesterfield  yes of course it was  but Megson had no support from MM ( not necessarily his fault he had no cash to chuck around like DC does)

as soon as he got antonio it changed and he lost the job

at least he knew the game against the other lot was not another game  

How did you get defence from

" am i happy with how we are playing no i'm not we were dreadful against Bristol and poor against Ipswich better than against Bristol but that just emphasises how bad we were against Bristol" 

Thats what i actually said about the football now please explain how you equate that as support for dreadful football or are you another one who listens with your mouth

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

How did you get defence from

" am i happy with how we are playing no i'm not we were dreadful against Bristol and poor against Ipswich better than against Bristol but that just emphasises how bad we were against Bristol" 

Thats what i actually said about the football now please explain how you equate that as support for dreadful football or are you another one who listens with your mouth

you said at the beginning of the season you'd prefer him sacked because you knew what was coming re the weight of expectation

I said at that time I was on the fence but if pushed we ought to change the only worry who to ( and it still is)

I am now firmly off the fence and want him out, recruitment has been woeful aimed in wrong direction and the style has morphed from brilliant to dreadful there is no prospect, none at all that imo that he will change the style of football we are playing the players seem lost to me 

IF he did change back to the 'I don't worry about clean sheeeeets' I'd back him 

please don't jump back with 'but he did change it !' - trying to rescue the game fair enough but  the general style of most matches (except villa's beauty)  from the kick off is back sideways back sideways at a pace and tempo seen only at walking football

you surely must recognise this?

you have now just said I don't want him (CC) sacked 'you don't care if anyone disagrees' - fair enough hence my opening statement I didn't want to argue with someone so firmly backed down a cul de sac you can't reverse even though you might want to

I would simply say what on earth do you see that I don't ?

Be interested to know what will persuade me away from my considered opinion formed over 2 years of watching simply dreadful quality of football (even though it got us close with a late marvelous run and leeds self destructing) That made you think ok needs must it's cr*p but hey it got us there, only for him to then throw a glorious chance of promotion away at Huddersfield with negativity only seen before under irvine 

as for the little jibe at the end I'll let you off as you know we often agree but not about every thing and this is one of them 

Defence of the man and not calling for his head is not the same as defence of the football currently i categorically did not defend the football 

The plan B and change of the game was in response to to Rickys claim oft repeated that CC doesn't have this fabled plan B, well explain what Plan B is then if its not changing personnel and set up as he did against Ipswich and against Bristol. Thats what i assumed having a Plan B was ( its not but that argument makes as much sense as the cliched Plan B argument ) 

5 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Defence of the man and not calling for his head is not the same as defence of the football currently i categorically did not defend the football 

The plan B and change of the game was in response to to Rickys claim oft repeated that CC doesn't have this fabled plan B, well explain what Plan B is then if its not changing personnel and set up as he did against Ipswich and against Bristol. Thats what i assumed having a Plan B was ( its not but that argument makes as much sense as the cliched Plan B argument ) 

without labouring the point who is responsible for the football you cant defend : DC, the fans. the coaches, hot dog seller or is it CC?

5 minutes ago, steelowl said:

without labouring the point who is responsible for the football you cant defend : DC, the fans. the coaches, hot dog seller or is it CC?

CC takes his share of blame quite rightly for poor football but please don't tell me he coached Tom Lees to leave his man inside the 6 yard box nor that he Coached Fletcher to clog a ball out of play 20 yards away from where he was aiming 

The players have to take responsibility too

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

CC takes his share of blame quite rightly for poor football but please don't tell me he coached Tom Lees to leave his man inside the 6 yard box nor that he Coached Fletcher to clog a ball out of play 20 yards away from where he was aiming 

The players have to take responsibility too

have to agree with that they like school boys chasing after the ball awful

hence why said earlier the players seem lost and not seeming to be 'on board' as they say  

The team spirit when Megson was here wasn't that good (some of it inherited problems from Irvine's time). I think some look back on it with rose tinted glasses because of the way it ended. They remember Rob Jones (who was Megson's man and no doubt had a great relationship with him) picking him up after the derby and giving him that massive hug. I'm not saying the players hated Megson or anything but if anything the best team spirit we've had was in Gray's full season and Carlos' first.

Edited by TomtheOwl95

hahaha Percy Thrower - Blades academy has nearly produced an England team over the last 15 years .... This is the worst England team ever. I've seen 8 year olds in the park progress better and i can tell with how they're being coached that England are not going to win anything in the next 50 years at least

lol

• Haha 1