Donny v Owls OMDT

4 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I thought it obvious after the last match that CC had decided Boyd, reach, Bannan, jones, Hooper and Rhodes were our front 6 for Preston.

i am now convinced. 

Theyll all start against Rangers.

Which in a way is a shame... dunno if you were at the match or caught the stream, but IMO FF was our best player in the 45 minutes he played! 

(That isn't me having a dig, I genuinely don't know how much you saw of it and if you did what you thought :biggrin:)

Guest RocketOwl
2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Definitely.

Boyd

bannan

jones

Reach

Hooper

Rhodes

Nailed on for Sunday

Jones nailed on?

Rhodes? Don't think so.

Just now, StudentOwl said:

Which in a way is a shame... dunno if you were at the match or caught the stream, but IMO FF was our best player in the 45 minutes he played! 

(That isn't me having a dig, I genuinely don't know how much you saw of it and if you did what you thought :biggrin:)

I didn't see any of it.

nor am I saying that is my preferred line up.

I think the clues have been there in ore season. Tonight confirmed it for me. None of those six starting, they'll all start on Sunday.

Just now, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I didn't see any of it.

nor am I saying that is my preferred line up.

I think the clues have been there in ore season. Tonight confirmed it for me. None of those six starting, they'll all start on Sunday.

No I agree with you completely

But that said, it may have only been a humble periscope stream, but FF looked as sharp as I've seen him today... like the Fernando of his first season here

23 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Is it strange our record signing didn't come on? Only have one more pre season game left. Seemed to do very well in the pre season games he did start, perhaps CC has seen enough and has already impressed him enough :-)

He'll start v Rangers.

CC saying in his interview there is no panic to bring in any new signings. Have to disagree, we need a new CB urgently, can't be having Pudil starting the season there. He refused to be drawn on speculation linking Hutton and Mulgrew with the club. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Reach at LW means no Fessi.

Rather have a Fessi and Reach than Reach and Pudil.

Catch 22

Reach gives you 100% work rate and both defensive coverage and attacking effort. Nothing ever spectacular, but solid and reliable, and you know what he's going to do 9 times out of 10

FF (as much as you argue otherwise) doesn't give you that same work rate. Sure he works hard in fits and spurts, but it's less of a constant. He's more unpredictable in what he does, which is excellent 9 times out of 10 going forward, but sometimes not. 

There's pros and cons to both. Certainly though if FF plays like he did in the first half today, we would be absolutely mad not to play him instead of Reach. 

As for you saying we should have Reach at LB... sorry, dunno what you saw of today's game. I've been on the fence RE Reach filling in at LB, today proved to me he should never, ever, ever go anywhere near that position again. He looked completely clueless and got done repeatedly

17 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I thought it obvious after the last match that CC had decided Boyd, reach, Bannan, jones, Hooper and Rhodes were our front 6 for Preston.

i am now convinced.

Theyll all start against Rangers.

Sounds a terrific front six.

What makes you think that?

3 minutes ago, EXCALIBUR said:

jones.......................please no

We won four in four with Bannan-Jones in tandem. Jones is a very good partner for him. Does the thankless unglamorous stuff but stays close enough to a Bannan to help him out.

29 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

He's done nothing to deserve starting the season as first choice:

He will have to work hard he's fourth choice currently.

Has Rhodes humped your missus or summat ? 

You certainly have a hatred towards him 

42 minutes ago, SiJ said:

We beat Donny

anchorman-yes-jumping.gif

Seriously though: 

That was an entertaining pre-season friendly. Decent work out. We have plenty of options up top and in midfield. Defence still a bit of a concern. 

Wonder if we could turn Dave into a centre half ? lol