Sell Comparison

To those wanting rid of Bannan...

Who would you have played alongside Hutch when Lee and Abdi were injured?

Who would you have played alongside Jones when Hutch, Lee and Abdi were injured?

Who would you have played alongside Lee when Hutch, Jones and Abdi were injured?

Apart from his freakish fitness record and his wholehearted, energy-packed running and tackling back, he is involved in virtually every forward move our team makes. 

Massively under-rated player.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

To those wanting rid of Bannan...

Who would you have played alongside Hutch when Lee and Abdi were injured?

Who would you have played alongside Jones when Hutch, Lee and Abdi were injured?

Who would you have played alongside Lee when Hutch, Jones and Abdi were injured?

Apart from his freakish fitness record and his wholehearted, energy-packed running and tackling back, he is involved in virtually every forward move our team makes. 

Massively under-rated player.

Agree with you completely on this subject. I don't know what it is with Owlstalk and their obsession with Bannan being over-rated and we should get rid.

Prior to his sending off against Forest away (the season before last), he was absolutely sensational. I mean, I thought we were going to have a new hero in the mould of John Sheridan playing in the middle of the park.

Whilst he didn't play as well as last season, I don't think he was bad as some people were making out on here. I saw him have a lot of very good games like the second leg of the playoff semi when he run himself in the ground. I actually think his overall performances suffered on the back of a more pragmatic approach from our manager and also the most part of last season, he was partnering Hutch in the middle and invariably he was playing that deep, he was given too much to do in the middle.

Barry Bannan is a very good player who always gives his all for the club. He never bottles it and is always available for the ball. He also took a penalty in the shoot out and scored under pressure. 

I understand the posters who want Carlos to stop shoe-horning the 3rd CM into the side. I am President of the Anti Three CMs Society, but why point the finger at Bannan? 

Its Carlos that wants 3 CMs. He puts Bannan there because neither Hutch, Lee or Jones can play it. Bannan is versatile enough to play there. Carlos occasionally put Abdi there and somehow he is a hero who we should build our team around.

100% we should only play 2 CMs, but don't blame Bannan for that awful tactic.

10 hours ago, Holmowl said:

You need to elaborate or we don't know who is flabbergasting or clueless.

Maybe flabbergasted is a bit harsh. 

but anyone that's suggested Bannan. Though I can fully understand people saying so that Carlos doesn't play him out wide etc or because he's unstoppable in is eyes. 

But for me personally I wouldn't consider getting rid. 

Nuhiu

Palmer

Bannan

Matias

Jones

I put Bannan in just because the rest won't raise much cash to balance the books so he might get us a bit more. Plus I'd like to see a midfield without him in it as I think it would make us a bit less one dimensional.

I was going to put McGugan and Kean in too but they weren't really in the first tea, squad to begin with!

Big Dave - Love the bloke but not good enough for a promotion chasing team, we have far better also.

Jones - Not done a great deal to make me feel like he can boss a midfield.

Palmer - Sorry but we need better, he does try however we need a far better attacking RB who can cross a ball consistently.

Kean - Why did we buy him in the first place......

McGugan - Shame he and CC didn't get on, however get him off the books, must be awful to have him around, can't be good for team spirit imo.

these are my 5. UTO.

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Joao

Nuhiu

Matias

McGugan

kean

I agree with this but I'm not happy with bannon and can understand why people don't want him here, ff is the best player we have and have to keep him if we want to get promoted