Ground Hopping / Ground Map

44 minutes ago, Geohay said:

I really want to see Goodison Park before they move (Planning permission pending I believe). That's a classic old ground. 

One of my favourite away grounds is Portman Road, full of history. 

Maine Road is another I'd have liked to have done before that disappeared :( 

Maine road was my favourite away ground, I've been there at least 4 times

Dont know why, it was in the middle of a shithole

We always barely escaped with our lives

We once had a 6 year old kid threaten to take our wheels off if we didn't pay him to look after our car

Still loved going though

Villa Park is another favourite

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

3 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

We once had a 6 year old kid threaten to take our wheels off if we didn't pay him to look after our car

Still loved going though

Ahhh gotta love Rusholme/Moss Side, home to the Curry Mile :manager:

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Still loved going though

I always enjoyed the run back to Piccadilly station lol 

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

We went to the cup replay around 1980

After the game there was a tremendous battle going on in the carpark

Police just stood there and watched

43 minutes ago, Geohay said:

Epic numbers there! 

Get some non-league grounds under your belt too, that will soon boost you up more! Footy for a fiver, it's ideal. And you can have a beer whilst watching it. 

I only go to see the Wednesday! My 108 are/were all league grounds apart from the occasional friendly at places like Stocksbridge and Worksop.  I could potentially add a new one at Alfreton next week but Tuesday is a bit tricky, may go may not.  Not sure how many of the current 92 I've been to, probably 70 odd, but I've been to a lot of former grounds like Maine Road, Highbury, Boothferry Park, Ayresome Park, old Den and loads more plus plenty which are now non league but weren't when we played them, e.g Torquay, Wrexham, Stockport.

My first away game was Filbert Street way back in 1981 but I only went to a handful of away games in the 80s because my Dad wasn't an awaydayer, after that my only trips were to Burnley for the quarter final in 83 and the two semi finals. I only started going to them properly from 1990-96, lapsed for a few years and then started going regularly again from 2003 to now. The biggest regret is probably somehow not managing to go to the old Baseball Ground (I was in the queue for quarter final tickets in 1993 when they sold out!) and Rushden & Diamonds was another one as it turned out to be a one off (and we got a rare away win!). Probably my oddest record is seeing us play at Chelsea 3 times but never seeing us concede a goal there, and I went at least 3 and possibly 4 times without seeing us concede at Highfield Road as well. Then the first time I go to the Ricoh they stick 3 past us.  The worst - losing 5-1 midweek at Stevenage, and going down to Bournemouth on a Tuesday night and losing 1-0 in injury time.

Great site - produced by a Sheffield United fan mind!

Says this in the "Miles Travelled" section with the "How is this calculated" link; Home point - each user has a "home point", this is the starting point for calculating how far you've travelled. This is set as the current stadium for the team you support. So, in my case that's Bramall Lane, home of Sheffield United.

Had to re-read it, thought it was claiming I supported United at first! lol

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I only go to see the Wednesday! My 108 are/were all league grounds apart from the occasional friendly at places like Stocksbridge and Worksop.  I could potentially add a new one at Alfreton next week but Tuesday is a bit tricky, may go may not.  Not sure how many of the current 92 I've been to, probably 70 odd, but I've been to a lot of former grounds like Maine Road, Highbury, Boothferry Park, Ayresome Park, old Den and loads more plus plenty which are now non league but weren't when we played them, e.g Torquay, Wrexham, Stockport.

My first away game was Filbert Street way back in 1981 but I only went to a handful of away games in the 80s because my Dad wasn't an awaydayer, after that my only trips were to Burnley for the quarter final in 83 and the two semi finals. I only started going to them properly from 1990-96, lapsed for a few years and then started going regularly again from 2003 to now. The biggest regret is probably somehow not managing to go to the old Baseball Ground (I was in the queue for quarter final tickets in 1993 when they sold out!) and Rushden & Diamonds was another one as it turned out to be a one off (and we got a rare away win!). Probably my oddest record is seeing us play at Chelsea 3 times but never seeing us concede a goal there, and I went at least 3 and possibly 4 times without seeing us concede at Highfield Road as well. Then the first time I go to the Ricoh they stick 3 past us.  The worst - losing 5-1 midweek at Stevenage, and going down to Bournemouth on a Tuesday night and losing 1-0 in injury time.

I was at that Stevenage game, in fact I was only talking about that this morning to a work colleague!

Took the day off work and drove over from Cardiff where I was living at the time to get pumped by that score. The only game I've ever left early - 5 mins to go, to beat the traffic. Missed JJ getting sent off..

4 minutes ago, Geohay said:

I was at that Stevenage game, in fact I was only talking about that this morning to a work colleague!

Took the day off work and drove over from Cardiff where I was living at the time to get pumped by that score. The only game I've ever left early - 5 mins to go, to beat the traffic. Missed JJ getting sent off..

Lwast JJ was kind enough to repeat getting sent off for you to make up for you missing it lol

4 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Lwast JJ was kind enough to repeat getting sent off for you to make up for you missing it lol

Ha, yea, he had a few hot headed moments in his Wednesday life. 

23 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

We used to catch the bus, never a problem and only a quid return.

20 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

We went to the cup replay around 1980

After the game there was a tremendous battle going on in the carpark

Police just stood there and watched

League cup 2nd Leg?

9 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

We used to catch the bus, never a problem and only a quid return.

League cup 2nd Leg?

Pretty sure it was just one game back then, although I could be wrong

We drew 1-1 at Hillsborough

21 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Pretty sure it was just one game back then, although I could be wrong

We drew 1-1 at Hillsborough

It was the second leg - back in those days both the first and second rounds of the league cup were played over 2 legs, and nobody ever complained about fixture pileup!

49 minutes ago, alanharper said:

It was the second leg - back in those days both the first and second rounds of the league cup were played over 2 legs, and nobody ever complained about fixture pileup!

I bow to your greater memory, my memory is awful, my father had Alzheimer's, I think I'm well on the way down that road.

29 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

I bow to your greater memory, my memory is awful, my father had Alzheimer's, I think I'm well on the way down that road.

I just Googled it mate lol

That particular game was just before my time but I recall the first two rounds being over two legs until as late as 2000