Oh Sammy Sammy

I don't want this to sound like a criticism of Sam (even though it kind of is but stick with me) but for me we need a partnership that is going to play 90% of the games next season. Consistency in your defence is key and we all know that Sam can't play that amount of games due to fitness and we also know that he is fairly likely to pick up a couple of suspensions as well.

Defence or nothing for me, were always one midfielder short when he plays and we get over run. Drags the play 10 yards back and we just end up punting it aimlessly forwards for the opposition to come and have another attack. 

Hutchinson should be used as a utility player to fit in as and when required. He is too much of a crock to make a singular position his own.

We have also looked better with others playing in midfield (results would also back this up).

Nowt against the lad but hes prob got a maximum of 2 years in him and his 30 odd games this season is as much as we can expect. like I say will play an important role but shouldnt be the first choice in either position.

Whoever we play in the back 3 or 4 (or 5), we must start learning to clear the ball to our OWN side. The one point that let us down badly against 'udders was the fact that they claimed almost every ball that we cleared, and it immediately came back at us..

When we play banks of 4 across the field, we leave far too big a gap between defence and mid field, and between mid field and forwards. 

I am an admirer of Loovens. I think his anticipation, tackling and overall defending is excellent, but at the end of 90 minutes in the play-off he looked knackered. I sincerely believe that he is getting too slow .