Carlos to Stay!!!!

Guest RocketOwl

1 minute ago, 19owl08 said:

I've really been thinking whether I want him to stay or not. My first reaction was no. But who honestly is out there who's better?

Ok it's not been pretty this year but he has done well giving us back to back play offs. Improvement in league position both years. Tonight we made one mistake & paid the price, otherwise we'd have all been praising him.

Money doesnt gurantee success. Plenty of teams prove that.

Brighton could easily have got rid of Houghton when they failed a couple of years running. But they stuck with him & with a few tweaks here & there, he got them promoted. I think that is a lesser risk than gambling on a new manager who'll want to start all over again.

Jokanovic

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If he wants to stay, I'm happy for him to stay, especially if he learns the lessons from this season's negatives. The biggest negative for me has been, sacrificing the entertainment. I'm not convinced it has had any benefit whatsoever. Yes, we've finished two places higher, but given the money we've spent, is that really enough justification? I find us boring to watch this season, lord knows what any neutrals must think. At a time when the chairman is trying to grow the club, the football we play isn't doing him any favours. Perhaps it was worth a try for one season, but please, no more Lets get back to entertaining

Carlos doesn't learn.

Dont you see that by now?

2 minutes ago, 19owl08 said:

Ok it's not been pretty this year but he has done well giving us back to back play offs. Improvement in league position both years. Tonight we made one mistake & paid the price, otherwise we'd have all been praising him.

No we wouldn't.

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Carlos doesn't learn.

Dont you see that by now?

You could argue he has learnt by going more defensive in games. Last year was brilliant winning by several goals but we were too easy to score against. He's stopped that. Now he needs to tweak & learn to get the best of both our last two seasons into one.

Sorry I think its time for a parting of the ways, I don't think in 46 games he ever got the best out of his squad and its the best Wednesday squad in 18 years in my opinion.

Plus I can't see Rhodes benefiting under CC style and we need to play to his strengths.

He deserves sacking for not bringing Winnal on when we badly needed pace

1 minute ago, 19owl08 said:

You could argue he has learnt by going more defensive in games. Last year was brilliant winning by several goals but we were too easy to score against. He's stopped that. Now he needs to tweak & learn to get the best of both our last two seasons into one.

How do you work that out, we kept as many clean sheets last season as we have this.

3 minutes ago, 19owl08 said:

He stopped it by going completely the opposite, there's £13,500,000 worth of strikers at Wednesday and thats not including Fletch and Nuhiu and how do we pass to them in both legs.... HOOOOF thats how and it was horrible to watch.

Edited by dazzler07

The notion that playing good football brings success is true, if you have the players to play it. In our league that invariably means the parachute teams. The non-parachute teams that have got out of this league recently aren't pretty. Carlos (rightly) thinks that playing open and attractive leaves us too exposed, which it does now we're no longer an unknown quantity. Hence this season's tactics. To play open, attractive football in real terms that would mean three new defenders and a Hutchinson who stayed fit all season.

Guest RocketOwl
29 minutes ago, hazza88 said:

I want him to stay but he hasnt improved us this season from last my points being:

Changed the way we play from attractive to boring

Spent god knows how much money and started with the same team tonight as against hull in last years final bar Fletcher who cost nothing

So in all he's thought too much about ways to control a game and put shackles on the players 

Spent millions and non of the bought have lived up to any sort of expectation

No just more points and two positions. Two bob.

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

He's ruining players. Rhodes, Winnall, Abdi all turned to bobbar as soon as they get to us, simply because of Carlos's crap approach. Hopefully he will fall on his sword after tonight.

It puts me in mind of what Meggo said at Bolton when the team's style of football was criticized. He said "we'd all like to play like Manchester United...but to do that (and succeed) you need Manchester United's players".

47 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

The notion that playing good football brings success is true, if you have the players to play it. In our league that invariably means the parachute teams. The non-parachute teams that have got out of this league recently aren't pretty. Carlos (rightly) thinks that playing open and attractive leaves us too exposed, which it does now we're no longer an unknown quantity. Hence this season's tactics. To play open, attractive football in real terms that would mean three new defenders and a Hutchinson who stayed fit all season.

While there's some truth in that, I think Carlos overplayed the whole "opposition working us out thing" By bringing In better quality players, predominantly creative attacking players, we should have been able to give them more to worry about Surely if Carlos thought it was the case, wouldn't he have been better bring in more defensively minded players to do the job, rather than splashing out big bucks on the likes of Abdi, Reach, Rhode and Winnall and getting them to perform a role that was, if not alien to them, not one that played to their strengths. I'm a Carlos supporter, but in this case, I think ultimately, he got his tactics wrong

Edited by gurujuan

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

While there's some truth in that, I think Carlos overplayed the whole "opposition working us out thing" By bringing I better quality players, predominantly creative attacking players, we should have been able to give them more to worry about Surely if Carlos thought it was the case, wouldn't he have been better bring in more defensively minded players to do the job, rather than splashing out big bucks on the likes of Abdi, Reach, Rhode and Winnall and getting them to perform a role that was, if not alien to them, not one that played to their strengths. I'm a Carlos supporter, but in this case, I think ultimately, he got his tactics wrong

Yes. I think the mistake he made was to believe that he could play Hutch in defence, so no CB was signed. Then he discovered that he couldn't do without him in the middle. Let's say Carlos stays, and we want him to play open and offensively. Who's good enough, now we're no longer underestimated? It's a poser. Westwood is, Lees is, and the forwards are definitely. But the rest are going to divide opinion. We're not currently strong enough all-round to play as we did last season and go up. That's certain, and that's why Carlos has done what he's done. The way we played against Norwich is how he'd play every week if he could, but you'd need a better team than we've got to do that game in game out in this league.

Guest hazza88
35 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

The problem is that to play attractive AND go up you've got to be a Newcastle/parachute club with better all-round players.

Attractive football got us to the final last year

But then we apporached it like we have the laat couple of games which left us in the championship

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes. I think the mistake he made was to believe that he could play Hutch in defence, so no CB was signed. Then he discovered that he couldn't do without him in the middle. Let's say Carlos stays, and we want him to play open and offensively. Who's good enough, now we're no longer underestimated? It's a poser. Westwood is, Lees is, and the forwards are definitely. But the rest are going to divide opinion. We're not currently strong enough all-round to play as we did last season and go up. That's certain, and that's why Carlos has done what he's done. The way we played against Norwich is how he'd play every week if he could, but you'd need a better team than we've got to do that game in game out in this league.

But he clearly could do without a Hutch in the middle.

Won without him.

Lost with him.