Rhodes "didn't want to take a penalty"

Are we going to keep this farcical thread going, or start getting behind a player we have wanted for years?

A good season from Jordan will give us a huge chance of promotion. 

Bit early to be on his back.

I'm sure the psychologists would have something to say about "anger transference" or summat in relation to this thread. 

No no one who has played footy at any level can explain how chunky chuffs like Kevin Pressman could take a better penalty than Chris Waddle.

My own theory is that it's summat to do with having less distraction going on in your head. I have no doubt that despite his talent Rhodes was affected by

a) His miss against Leeds 

b) He cares about us more than most 

c) Maybe weird stuff with having played for Udders

d) His dad in the dugout and family in the stands.

As a fan, never mind if I was captain or manager - I wouldn't  want somebody with their head full of that poo taking a penalty. What I don't get is how vicious "supporters" are towards players who clearly care about the club. I can only think it is a way of redirecting anger and frustration. We were close to getting promotion and it went from joy (westys save) to despair (Fessi s being saved) in less than  minute. It must be someone's fault. Ah yes - Him!!!

PS Thank God Dave didn't take one and miss ....

Edited by Rogerwyldesmullet

Not read any of the 22 pages, but if the lad didn't feel confident after his miss at Leeds and not really been banging them in due to the complete lack of service down to the negative tactics then I don't think he REFUSED he just didn't feel confident.

You don't turn from a goal machine into a bobbar player over night.

Hopefully with a proper pre season, Carlos will play to his strengths i.e. get the ball in the flipping box and we will see the best of JR.

roger the haters.

59 minutes ago, viva hate said:

Not read any of the 22 pages, but if the lad didn't feel confident after his miss at Leeds and not really been banging them in due to the complete lack of service down to the negative tactics then I don't think he REFUSED he just didn't feel confident.

You don't turn from a goal machine into a bobbar player over night.

Hopefully with a proper pre season, Carlos will play to his strengths i.e. get the ball in the flipping box and we will see the best of JR.

roger the haters.

Irony alert.

Here is another "GUESS".

When Udders beat the grunters on penalties.

JR did not take one of the first 5.

He took the 6th, maybe that is his lucky number/confident number call it what you will.

Why not just back him, get behind him to score in open play, which "BELIEVE IT OR NOT, SHOCK HORROR" he has been quite good at, when played correctly.

Sorry A12owl, the heading of my post is not a dig at your last line.

Edited by MAL