Carlos On Telly (sort of) Tonight

15 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He doesn't sound as if he knows if he wants to stay yet does he?

Agreed, can't see him staying unless we go up. The moaners will be happy but in my opinion we will regress without him. 

29 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Some of Biggs's questions are toe curling. 

He also needs to learn that when you can't pronounce someone's name it's best not to try, rather than trying it 3 ways and hoping one is correct 

But Carlos just gets better the more times he is interviewed. We have our own special one there 

6 hours ago, OwlInCardiff said:

Didn't realise he'd been getting grief on twitter. There's some tw@ts on there!

I'm not surprised he was getting grief (not that I agree with him receiving it), but I wasn't aware it was so bad that it caused him to quit Twitter.

One of the comments he made relating to that issue is something I completely agree with too; the people who were making the comments that offended him on Twitter or here don't deserve to join in with the potential celebrations we hope to be having at the end of the season.

If I'm not mistaken in my understanding of what Carlos was trying to say, it was that he left Twitter specifically because he didn't want to think about the people who were overly critical of him being happy if/when his hard work finally pays off in the end. Receiving those kinds of comments probably makes you stop and think why do I even bother trying to succeed for these people at the time. Thankfully he decided to pack in Twitter rather than SWFC.

9 hours ago, BobsMagicCalculator said:

Listening to that interview i need whipping and weeing on for saying he should have been sacked.  He was right, the fish have returned to help the potatoes.  Bloody love him listening to that.

You and a few others but glad your back on board. lol

8 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Some of Biggs's questions are toe curling. 

He is a total embarrassment 

It made it an uncomfortable watch for me. How this bloke still has a job is beyond me!!

Bar Paul Walker the standard of sports journalism in South Yorkshire isn't great to say it's a real hotbed of sport 

10 hours ago, BobsMagicCalculator said:

Listening to that interview i need whipping and weeing on for saying he should have been sacked.  He was right, the fish have returned to help the potatoes.  Bloody love him listening to that.

I gather the going rate for this kind of service in London is about £150/ hour.

1 hour ago, owlZfan84 said:

Can someone summerise the jist of what CC said last night then?

Is he out of contract? Does he want to stay? What is his favorite meat to put on the fire?  

• He sad his contract is up, but he doesn't feel he needs one and has an agreement/understanding with the chairman. 
  • He enjoys it here, club, fans, the city, more money elsewhere not a motivation for him. (It was hard to really come to a conclusion as to what his future plans are, on the one had it felt like he may leave barring promotion, on the other it sounds like he's staying unless he's either sacked or the fans have had enough of him) 
  • Congratulated Utd and hopes they continue to do well as it's good for the city (If there were ever 2 sets of owners and managers that represented the difference between the 2 Sheffield clubs this is it. Carlos, classy, gracious and complimentary, Wilder. Well. Enough said) 
  • Talked about how injuries have impacted our season, Hooper, Lee, Lees etc.
  • Knows we are a better side this season and are better equipped to deal with playoffs
  • Had previously told Biggs off the record that he felt we would sort our playoff position ahead of Fulham game.
  • Talked about his previous clubs and how the culture is so different, hence so many jobs.  
  • He keeps a flat cap in his car 
  • Talked about leaving twitter due to the amount of abuse. Appreciates it's only a minority but it hurt him.

Can't remember much else as a lot of it was just nonsense questions from Biggs. 

Edited by LoadABallacks

15 minutes ago, LoadABallacks said:

• He sad his contract is up, but he doesn't feel he needs one and has an agreement/understanding with the chairman. 
  • He enjoys it here, club, fans, the city, more money elsewhere not a motivation for him. (It was hard to really come to a conclusion as to what his future plans are, on the one had it felt like he may leave barring promotion, on the other it sounds like he's staying unless he's either sacked or the fans have had enough of him) 
  • Congratulated Utd and hopes they continue to do well as it's good for the city (If there were ever 2 sets of owners and managers that represented the difference between the 2 Sheffield clubs this is it. Carlos, classy, gracious and complimentary, Wilder. Well. Enough said) 
  • Talked about how injuries have impacted our season, Hooper, Lee, Lees etc.
  • Knows we are a better side this season and are better equipped to deal with playoffs
  • Had previously told Biggs off the record that he felt we would sort our playoff position ahead of Fulham game.
  • Talked about his previous clubs and how the culture is so different, hence so many jobs.  
  • He keeps a flat cap in his car 
  • Talked about leaving twitter due to the amount of abuse. Appreciates it's only a minority but it hurt him.

Can't remember much else as a lot of it was just nonsense questions from Biggs. 

Cheers mate.