Adam Reach

Anyone saying Reach had a poor game on Sunday really wasn't paying attention this season. It's our actual game plan to have good, disciplined, strong wingers and full backs not committing too much and play tight sometimes.

How many crosses came in from their right wing? I reckon we could count them on one hand. Defending that flank was his job, that's what he was asked to do. He played well in doing what Carlos asked him to. That's why you sign players with a range of roles and a good footballing brain. We finally have a team of good footballers who can adapt and play the right way for any given situation and people complain. Mystifies me.

3 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

What are you on about?

Are you a Birmingham fan? Yous said you;d never seen Reach have a bad game so i'm wondering which visiting party you were part of. He had a good 20 mins against Birmingham so i'm plumping for them

Just now, ramone said:

Are you a Birmingham fan? Yous said you;d never seen Reach have a bad game so i'm wondering which visiting party you were part of. He had a good 20 mins against Birmingham so i'm plumping for them

Does his job, never stops running and is clever on and off the ball. He's a traditional English winger and still only 24, he'll be a week-in week-out player in the premier league one day, believe you me.

But what really does p*ss me off, is people going "not with his £5m price tag", like he put that on himself? If we are willing to pay that then fine whatever, but to put performances against price tag is ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, ramone said:

Been done to death, this one, the 'you have a differing opinion to me so must support another team' . Yawn...

Gotta say he is a frustrating player.  Physique of Chris Waddle but none of the mystique.  Good athlete, works hard for team, does his job just makes stupid decisions.  The Pudil overlap on the left was the only time we had chance to get to the byline in the whole game and he ignores, squares to Fletch who does what Fletch does with that magic left peg - scuffs it.

He can clearly hit a ball as witnessed at QPR but for me this is a confidence thing.  Give him a brain transplant and I reckon he'd be decent.

In other news, he looks a bit like Lady Di?

33 minutes ago, ramone said:

One passage of play summed Adam Reach up for me.

Half way through the first half, Reach has it on the corner of their box in a great position. Wallace make an absolute lung busting run from right wing to overlap him. Reach completely ignores him and fires a ball into Fletcher that no one could have dealt with. The ball would have ok had he set Fletcher to hit it first time. Instead he pelts it at him and we lose the ball. 

My abiding memory of Reach was a lung busting run back after about 80 mins after a mistake by someone else. He got alongside took the player. Gave away a foul got a booking. Stopped a dangerous situation.

I think Ramone, that has no value in your football vision. In a mid season game against Wigan that might be true but in an away play off semi that tackle was as good as anything else we produced.

It also seems from your descriptions that you are looking out for Reach to make an error to prove your prejudice.

I'm not a huge Reach fan but he has qualities that help us tick. 

8 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Does his job, never stops running and is clever on and off the ball. He's a traditional English winger and still only 24, he'll be a week-in week-out player in the premier league one day, believe you me.

But what really does p*ss me off, is people going "not with his £5m price tag", like he put that on himself? If we are willing to pay that then fine whatever, but to put performances against price tag is ridiculous.

Show me a post where i've mentioned a price tag to use it against him - you wont find one. Its not his fault how much we paid for him.

I judge him on his footballing ability alone - i dont think he has any

Just now, Warnocchio said:

My abiding memory of Reach was a lung busting run back after about 80 mins after a mistake by someone else. He got alongside took the player. Gave away a foul got a booking. Stopped a dangerous situation.

I think Ramone, that has no value in your football vision. In a mid season game against Wigan that might be true but in an away play off semi that tackle was as good as anything else we produced.

It also seems from your descriptions that you are looking out for Reach to make an error to prove your prejudice.

I'm not a huge Reach fan but he has qualities that help us tick. 

I think I remember the one you're on about - I think you'll find Reach lost the ball earlier in the move which allowed them to break. It was just after Reach failed to track his man after pudil got dragged out of position. 

Also, you're not reading my posts are you. 

28 minutes ago, ramone said:

I'd have played him. But only because his only positive attributes are to do with fitness. He can cover ground etc.

Well there we go then!:biggrin:

...But only because his only positive attributes are to do with fitness. He can cover ground etc.

That's exactly what was asked of him. And on that score....it has to be said he delivered.

19 minutes ago, flo said:

He'll end up being similar to Kieran Lee but just with more power and strength but less quality of finishing. 

Has similar qualities just needs to get to his standards. 

He really wont