Adam Reach

15 hours ago, Warnocchio said:

Ran his blood to watter on Sunday

Keep seeing this...

Ran himself into the ground

He can run all day

What an athlete this lad is

I'm sorry, but i'll keep saying it until i'm blue in the face, he cant play football. Was absolutely tosh on Sunday. Shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI tomorrow night

Just now, ramone said:

Keep seeing this...

He can run all day

I'm sorry, but i'll keep saying it until i'm blue in the face, he cant play football. Was absolutely tosh on Sunday. Shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI tomorrow night

And in the previous six games where he was lauded for his play and his partnership with Pudil?

Is that all forgotten because he was ordinary in a poor team display Sunday?

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

And in the previous six games where he was lauded for his play and his partnership with Pudil?

Is that all forgotten because he was ordinary in a poor team display Sunday?

I've still not seen him play well in a Wednesday shirt

Edited by ramone

1 minute ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Unfortunately Reach will always be a target for the empty headed fv.ckwits of this world, he can have 6 or 7 very good games and then has an average one in a game where, invariably, every other cv.nt had an off day, but it's Reach who's "garbage"!!!

Wow

Reach like everyone else on Sunday was given a role like all other players, i.e work with Pudil to close Huddersfield down.

Boring to watch but was effective, he will be no doubt be given another role Wednesday, he is versatile can play left side , defensive and attacking, or he can move into

the middle of mid field. CC likes him because it give us options during the game. 

16 minutes ago, ramone said:

Keep seeing this...

He can run all day

amazed someone actually believes this, but its all about opinions but this is certainly not mine

I think hes been class these past 2 months and also don't think you can single him out for Sunday

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

His run and strike wide of the far upright in the first leg was one of only two genuine attempts of note 

One passage of play summed Adam Reach up for me.

Half way through the first half, Reach has it on the corner of their box in a great position. Wallace make an absolute lung busting run from right wing to overlap him. Reach completely ignores him and fires a ball into Fletcher that no one could have dealt with. The ball would have ok had he set Fletcher to hit it first time. Instead he pelts it at him and we lose the ball. 

1 minute ago, PARKOWL said:

amazed someone actually believes this, but its all about opinions but this is certainly not mine

I think hes been class these past 2 months and also don't think you can single him out for Sunday

When have i singled him out...? This thread is specifically about Adam Reach. Christ 

1 minute ago, ramone said:

When have i singled him out...? This thread is specifically about Adam Reach. Christ 

I was referring to the "he was tosh Sunday and shouldn't be anywhere near the team Wednesday" bit,

what I was meaning is that I don't think you could single him out on his own for being poor on sunday,

Christ chill !!!lol

2 minutes ago, ramone said:

One passage of play summed Adam Reach up for me.

Half way through the first half, Reach has it on the corner of their box in a great position. Wallace make an absolute lung busting run from right wing to overlap him. Reach completely ignores him and fires a ball into Fletcher that no one could have dealt with. The ball would have ok had he set Fletcher to hit it first time. Instead he pelts it at him and we lose the ball. 

That's the thing though, Sunday was a game where 90% of our passes seemed to be either over or under hit.

Loovens air shot clearance.  Fernandos thru-ball for Fletch which nestled comfortably into Hoggs feet.

Seemingly every attempted long pass to Fletcher from the back four dipping down early before it had even cleared the Huddersfield midfield.

We played a cagey game and in the few moments we had the ball we made rushed passes or what looked tired passes, which is no wonder really with the concentration and effort required to keep a shape. 

It was a game that required each player to be a unit in a bigger jigsaw and left little for individuality to show through.

The thing is, in such a clearly defensive game plan..who else would have played on the left and given Pudil as much defence back up?

I think the first issue with Reach was his price tag: no way is he worth £5M. For that you expect match changing players so the expectation has been there from day one even though Reach doesn't fall into that category. It's not Reach's fault that we reportedly paid £5M though.

As a player he isn't lightning quick,he isn't strong,he isn't nasty, he isn't a goalscorer,he can't tackle and he isn't good in the air. What footballing qualities  does he possess? Yes hes an athlete and can run all day, but you could go to the EIS and pick those up.

Hes improved slightly this last few weeks but nowhere near enough.

He strikes me as a nice bloke and I'm desperate for him to do well,as I am all of our players,but I think he lacks any footballing qualities.

Edited by Tudders

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

That's the thing though, Sunday was a game where 90% of our passes seemed to be either over or under hit.

Loovens air shot clearance.  Fernandos thru-ball for Fletch which nestled comfortably into Hoggs feet.

Seemingly every attempted long pass to Fletcher from the back four dipping down early before it had even cleared the Huddersfield midfield.

We played a cagey game and in the few moments we had the ball we made rushed passes or what looked tired passes, which is no wonder really with the concentration and effort required to keep a shape. 

It was a game that required each player to be a unit in a bigger jigsaw and left little for individuality to show through.

The thing is, in such a clearly defensive game plan..who else would have played on the left and given Pudil as much defence back up?

I'd have played him. But only because his only positive attributes are to do with fitness. He can cover ground etc. That particular passage of play for me just summed him to a tea. Did his good bit by getting into the position (because of fitness) but as soon as it came to doing something with the ball at his feet he failed. 

People rate him, fair enough. Not going to knock anyone for that. I'm not a fan. Never have been. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong but i;ve been waiting for that all season.