Lewis McMahon

We've had worse players who have played more games in the league here and elsewhere yet he was done in the football league after his year with Notts County 

Just shows u how football can be about luck and how some very average players manage to hang around playing league football all their careers 

14 hours ago, Coyt said:

Remember him scoring the winner at Blackpool years ago quite early in the season, think we had Chris Marsden as Captain then aswell...

And Guy Branston at center half. 

I can still remember one of his tackles late on in game,  went in so hard I thought ball was going to explode. 

spent a long time at gainsboro trinity and think he played for the England non league team (but I may be wrong on that)......I can remember him being part of the lap of honour at Cardiff and then getting released the following week .

20 hours ago, Paolo Coopio said:

Nearly right

The guy from Middlesbrough was a different McMahon. Defender I think. 

Lewis came through youths. Was from Doncaster I think. 

Seemed to remember a good few performances in promotion season under sturrock in the silver away kit. 

Cheers mate

My memory plays tricks, and even though I will have seen him, I don't remember him and got him mixed up with the other one

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Little fella who played left wing for academy and reserve squad, but we switched him to cm when he started playing first team football. It is interesting that we switched Brunt from cm to lw in the same season.

Early in our promotion season it was between McMahon and Whelan for cm spot next to Marsden.

He was full of running, but not blessed with much skill or great pace. Guess he had decent shot on him as he scored couple of good goals for us.

Bit shocked to find out that he played 31 games for us.

Good luck to him, hope he gets well soon.

Btw. At the time talk about him on here wasn't as of one of the good guys.

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Didn't he score a shed load of goals for the academy?

He didn't

If he was in development squad today, I don't think he would get his pro deal.

Great indicator of what state our club was back then.