Buckley or Wallace

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, Holmes said:

lol Ironic, I got slagged down for saying the goalie had a brilliant game.

Not ironic with me as I never said that. It was clear their keeper kept them in it. 

I think CC had his hand forced against Reading and had no option but to go with genuine wingers. I do not think he likes / trusts out and out wingers to play his way in this 442/352 thingy type formation that we play. With Wallace he can trust him to play narrow and give Carlos his "compact" ideal. Until he changes his formation (4231,433,451) to accommodate proper wingers and keep within CC's compact structure I think he'll stick with Wallace until we are chasing the game. Shame really. 

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, Walt said:

I think CC had his hand forced against Reading and had no option but to go with genuine wingers. I do not think he likes / trusts out and out wingers to play his way in this 442/352 thingy type formation that we play. With Wallace he can trust him to play narrow and give Carlos his "compact" ideal. Until he changes his formation (4231,433,451) to accommodate proper wingers and keep within CC's compact structure I think he'll stick with Wallace until we are chasing the game. Shame really. 

Then you'd think he would sign a player like Wallace for when he's injured.

Yet he signs Buckley and Macmannaman - so if your theory is right Carlos signings don't make sense - you can add Mathias and Reach too.

Buckley hasn't impressed me at all during his spell here.

I know he can't help the injury he had, but he didn't do anything to convince me he should be starting over anyone on Friday.

Not saying he shouldn't get another chance, but he's looked no where near as affective as Mcmanaman.

Guest RocketOwl
6 minutes ago, offalyowl said:

I'm not a supporter of bannan and never said I did so why make comments when it's Wallace I'm talking about

Just saying why does it matter if Wallace knows he can come straight back in it's not like it's a new thing in this squad of players.

I really like Buckley, he is like an additional striker, seems to get in those positions. I think he will also be more useful than Wallace when we counter attack as he is more direct and is comfortable running at fullbacks. 

Wallace has been doing well recently though and can conjour something from range or put a delivery in which is helpful when teams are dug in. In short it's good to have the option and use whichever suits accordingly. The manager just needs to make sure he uses the likes of Buckley and mcmanaman more often.

2 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Then you'd think he would sign a player like Wallace for when he's injured.

Yet he signs Buckley and Macmannaman - so if your theory is right Carlos signings don't make sense - you can add Mathias and Reach too.

Reach can and does carry out his defensive roll apart from him being   a bit nesh. Mathias, who knows what he can do? I do remember CC saying that Mathias hadn't played 442 before so struggled with it. I'm of the belief that CC intended to go with 433 at first but something changed his thinking. Take your point regarding a like for like replacement for Wallace mind and tbh a lot of the signings don't make sense when you see how we line up and the style we play

That this is even a debate is credit to buckley, him n macca get nowhere near the game time wallace does and cant even be match fit.

A decent full back can more easily nullify wallace than those 2 as he hasnt the pace to get behind n they will know hes coming inside every time.

Wallace rarely gets dangerous crosses in via open play and is woeful at blocking crosses n tackling.

He is good at set pieces (but so is bannan), n probably has the best long shot in the squad so will score 5 or so a season.

Is he enough of a threat like knockeart/aluko etc at this stage of his career to be starting for a promotion chasing team?

Hes a steady/decent/reliable player for playing cautiously narrow who scores the odd screamer, or a good player to come on n slow it down/keep possession imo.

Dont think we've seen best of buckley n macca yet and probably never will here, even mcgeady is doing well getting starts and isn't as dangerous as macca at least.

Would like us to start both buckley n macca on wings or macca off rhodes if fessi not fit, it is obvious we need more pace in the side but carlos doesn't seem to value pace and seems to see proper wingers as impact players to constantly try n save games, rather than as important starters like at brighton/fulham etc who are aiming to start strong, dominate teams n be positive.

Would like to see more pace in a 4-2-3-1

With fessi given free reign to find/attack space away from aggressive man markers

Hunt lees loovy reach 

Hutch bannan

Buckley fessi macca

Rhodes