Just got back

Stewards in block Q mustve been on commission for picking out wrong uns.

Cant talk about the football, made it back to Ireland in under 5 hours.  Only positive I can think of.

I did like that free kick, Bannan blasted into right hand corner, looked like it had gone pear shaped,  and it was pinged across goal for the nod in that didnt happen. Prob our best chance.

Shame Bannon didnt get to show off his undershirt for his Uncle.  Couldnt quite read what it said.

15 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

Can't think of a chance?

Winnall had 2 decent chances.

Wallace had a good chance.

You are correct on the 3 key decisions.

I honestly thought we were still the better team. First 25 we were good.

Circumstances just weren't with us today. Simple

We were the better team in the first half but that's what makes it so frustrating. Westwood hardly had a save to make all game despite us playing with 10 men for 45 minutes, nothing he could have done about the goals. 

2 really big errors cost us yesterday and at the level we are at you pay the price. They take a short corner with a man who has come from near the halfway line to receive it not being picked up at all, he has time to pass it back and the corner has time to create an angle to pick a cross out for a man, their biggest goal threat, who is being marked by someone almost a foot shorter than him.

Sasso then miss-controls and dives in needlessly on the halfway line and the game is all but gone.

Villa still didn't do much against us until the 2nd goal and at 1-0 we had a couple of decent chances. Not the worst performance by any means but very frustrating as we lost to a team that didn't do much to beat us.

16 hours ago, General_Grievous said:

Tried hard but toothless. Can't think of a chance or shot on target. Perhaps Winnall first half. 

Three key decisions -

red card - correct

pen - deffo

2nd goal - onside

2nd goal was miles offside, maybe 6 feet 

Just now, pgmetcalf said:

Yeah, just watched them. He flagged for Winnall offside and I think he was 

It looked marginal, usually in favour of the attacker. But you win some you lose some. 

However, they then gave Kodjia the benefit in a similar scenario. 

Sasso gave him a decision to make, but he went for the ball and it wasn't that dangerous. But again he decided letter of law etc. But then when Hunt is pulled down he gives nothing.

One rule for them and another for us

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It looked marginal, usually in favour of the attacker. But you win some you lose some. 

However, they then gave Kodjia the benefit in a similar scenario. 

Sasso gave him a decision to make, but he went for the ball and it wasn't that dangerous. But again he decided letter of law etc. But then when Hunt is pulled down he gives nothing.

One rule for them and another for us

I thought Kodija was offside at the game but the C5 highlights seem to show Hunt deeper than everyone else playing him on - he had no need to be in that position. There wer one or 2 other decisions that went in favour of the home side but Sasso has no need to dive in and give the ref a decision to make in that situation.

17 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I thought Kodija was offside at the game but the C5 highlights seem to show Hunt deeper than everyone else playing him on - he had no need to be in that position. There wer one or 2 other decisions that went in favour of the home side but Sasso has no need to dive in and give the ref a decision to make in that situation.

He did the same against Leeds for Wood's goal.

Hunt has a habit of it if so (couldn't bring myself to watch channel 5 last night). Leeds and Wigan spring to mind.

Sasso isn't blameless but I think the ref could've been more consistent in his decisions. If sassos is a red then the manhandling was a pen