Big Dave is back!

22 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Fletcher has been awful. If dave misses the header fletcher missed on Tuesday, the whole front page of OT is filled with threads about it. Fletcher gets one or two.

Tuesday would've suited nuhiu better than fletcher. I'm also convinced fletcher can't click with nando, winnall or Rhodes, so if one of him or dave gets brought on - I'd give dave the nod

I said that about that miss immediately after it happened. I don't think he won an aerial battle either.

Rhodes times his headers to perfection, that one on the half way line where it looked as though he'd got no chance 

but still won it to set Winnall free down the left was excellent.

I'd still look to the Rhodes/Winnall partnership to start but have Adthe coming on before Fletcher, at the moment.

But, I hope Fletcher can revive his early season form 'cos we'll need everyone on top form.

2 minutes ago, Finney on the Wing said:

I said that about that miss immediately after it happened. I don't think he won an aerial battle either.

Rhodes times his headers to perfection, that one on the half way line where it looked as though he'd got no chance 

but still won it to set Winnall free down the left was excellent.

I'd still look to the Rhodes/Winnall partnership to start but have Adthe coming on before Fletcher, at the moment.

But, I hope Fletcher can revive his early season form 'cos we'll need everyone on top form.

agree  very disappointed with him  tbh I think he's had a stop start run with us with so many strike options you have to fire straight away 

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

In fact he scores against them at Village park. About 3:30 in the video. 

#thenightmarereturns

Collectors item too from the big fella, beating his man to the front post and a powerful header!!

That miss after the penalty by Heskey was horrendous.

Did you notice that a certain Barry Bannan was on Villa's bench?

'TheNightmareReturns' was on a banner wasn't it so Atdhe may be playing games with this.

Guest RocketOwl
47 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i'm not so sure . think he could work well with Rhodes as Rhodes thrives on loose balls in the box and there's plenty of them bounce off dave ....we all know he's generally useless but his one strength is his size and a lot of defenders do struggle against him ,that he hasn't the ability to punish them is another matter but Rhodes might .

Anyone who went to Preston away will be alarmed at your thought process.

1 minute ago, RocketOwl said:

Anyone who went to Preston away will be alarmed at your thought process.

Were we resorting to lumping the ball forward Rocket?

That's our big downfall when either Fletcher or Nuhiu go on, it's too easy just to launch it instead of looking

for passes on the ground.

I'm a fan and I'll happily admit it

I think Atdhe is great with the ball at his feet

The problems when the ball is in the air aren't of his own making IMO

Referees are too quick to penalize him for a challenge, and yet think he's big enough to take whatever punishment opposing defenders dish out

1 minute ago, Ethel The Tree said:

I'm a fan and I'll happily admit it

I think Atdhe is great with the ball at his feet

The problems when the ball is in the air aren't of his own making IMO

Referees are too quick to penalize him for a challenge, and yet think he's big enough to take whatever punishment opposing defenders dish out

Exactly the amount of times the whistle blows when dave is on ball as he's slightly knocked into a player an they've flown into stands is unreal he's a strong lad any knock into another player and they are on floor like they've been shot players climb all over dave pull him back you name it whistle never blows he doesn't get any luck I honestly feel for the guy and hope he has a good game today.

5 minutes ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

Exactly the amount of times the whistle blows when dave is on ball as he's slightly knocked into a player an they've flown into stands is unreal he's a strong lad any knock into another player and they are on floor like they've been shot players climb all over dave pull him back you name it whistle never blows he doesn't get any luck I honestly feel for the guy and hope he has a good game today.

Take the blinkers off. He's nowhere near good enough, gives away far too many freekicks and is way too slow