Love for the owls

I got the sack once because of my love for Wednesday, I was working on a Tuesday night at a school sports hall and Wednesday we were playing grimsby in the LDV vans cup 2003 and I didnt want to miss the game so I just left and left the whole school open needless to say the caretaker reported the incident and we bloody drew 1-1 wouldn't have it any other way WAWAW

14 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

A mate of mine was in the forces back in the day ,and copped for a month in the glass house in Colchester for getting himself locked up for drunk and disorderly on a night out in Colchester. He said it was the worse month of his life ,and wished the normal coppers had locked him up in a normal prison instead. 

Yep, I've had many a night out in military company. Things start to get out of hand. The MPs turn up, if you're sensible you do one rapidly. More moronic individuals stand and fight. I never saw them again but heard the horror stories that followed.

Them were the days........

5 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

I was in the Army...went awol after the weekend so I could watch Pele play at Hillsborough for the second time...military police were waiting at my mums house after the match...7 days in the brig...well worth it lol 

c'mon dave 7 days in nick NOT brig, that's for them soap dropping jolly jack tars mate

5 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Good job Ash60s wasn't my WO2...I'd have got off lol 

march in Hill, I said march not that silly ordance wobble......................out, and do it again lad!

Sah, Hill is a good lad, slightly overweight & from Sheffield - (plea in mitigation Dave)

his uncle is a Mr Nascimento over from Brazil, they haven't seen each other since '62

oh yes nearly forgot Sah, he's a decent northern soul dancer AND a Wednesdayite

Ok Sarnt Major have him pick up the leaves outside HQ

Pte Hill left turn quick march and wait outside my office

Rayt Dave tha wa lucky nar get me a pint orate?

12 hours ago, NorthAmericanOwl said:

Split up with a bird to watch us,risked my job last year streaming us in the office against Brighton first leg of play offs,absolutely hate being in Canada and not being sat at Hillsboro with me dad,good job I'm back in May,in time for the promotion party lol

Although I've always quite fancied the idea of living somewhere like Canada or New Zealand, I must admit I reckon the thing I'd miss most about Blighty would be the sport. I love following Wednesday, but I also love all the other stuff like the 6 nations, Open golf, Cricket etc. We live in a cracking sporting nation don't we? 

Guest Copthorneowl
15 hours ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Lost me wife, lost me job, lost me sanity. But still wouldn't change a thing lol 

Crickey and I was pi55ed off losing my match programme - respect.

Just before my eldest lad was born in 2005 we were at home to Port Vale on a Friday night we won 1-0 I think Maclean scored a cracker. Anyway I should have been on lates so I told the gaffer at work that they were starting our lass off that afternoon so I could go to match. I was in a photo in the Star on the Monday, when we scored (end of the south).

I got away with that then there was just our lass to contend with, she wasn't impressed when I had to go back to work when the young en was 4 days old.

Any road where now married and the eldest is on his 8th season ticket so I suppose it turned out reight in the end.:stuwinky:

Guest BULGARIA
2 hours ago, East Yorks Owl said:

Although I've always quite fancied the idea of living somewhere like Canada or New Zealand, I must admit I reckon the thing I'd miss most about Blighty would be the sport. I love following Wednesday, but I also love all the other stuff like the 6 nations, Open golf, Cricket etc. We live in a cracking sporting nation don't we? 

Only thing i miss about the UK is Wednesday and the other sports on offer. Its ok listening via the net but yer cant beat a live match and the smell of bovril. Sigh.

12 minutes ago, BULGARIA said:

Only thing i miss about the UK is Wednesday and the other sports on offer. Its ok listening via the net but yer cant beat a live match and the smell of bovril. Sigh.

I was lucky I lived abroad from 98-10 basically the worst of our decline years and have been going more frequently the last few years and have my first ever season ticket this year. 

Will miss going more frequently when we move to France once the boys finish secondary school which gives me nine more years of season tickets.